Confirmed with Link: Blues sign Brandon Saad

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
people are worrying about perron getting a raise? unless he signs for cheap, that money is 100% going towards Tkachuk if they trade for him.

pointless to worry about that right now, if Parayko sucks ass again we will have plenty of cap space.

Reactions: Reality Czech

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Well damn, why does every big Blues thing lately happen when I'm taking a nap after working a 6 AM shift?

I don't love Saad as a player, but I can't really complain about a solid 2nd liner for under 5 million. My gut would be he'd push 5.5 or higher, so 4.5 is fine, and 5 years is fine at 28. Forward situation is mostly under control, though this is probably our only big move till Tarasenko gets moved.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Sign Saad for free (assets, not dollars) or trade Thomas, Kyrou and a 1st for MT?

CraftyVeteran

Lunatic
Apr 15, 2017
easily love this deal. Avs fans are in panic mode lol. Buch and Saad are definitive upgrades. We shall see if Saad is still able to produce at this level. Some say he's in decline but he was one of the better performing players in the POs. God I hope we're in on Eichel. This FO is great about no leaks getting out.

Reactions: Cotton McKnight

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Blues fans: Avs are a 1 line team!!!!! Avs are a 1 line team!!!!! They have no depth and their goalie sucks.
Also Blues fans: Look at all the quality depth the Avs lost. Plus they lost their goalie, They are going to be so much worse.
I think your first quote is just ONE Blues fan that said it here over and over.

CraftyVeteran

Lunatic
Apr 15, 2017
That was the rumor asking price for MT?
we don't have the picks or premium prospects Calgary would demand. They ofc know this and would want core pieces from the current lineup that I and prob Army would say hell no to. I think a MT trade is all but fantasy at this point. Nothing indicates that he's on the block and prob won't be moved unless someone wows Treliving with a no brainer offer.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
I love the AAV and he really addresses the LW situation this season, but I can't stand the term. I'd love to be wrong but 5 years for a guy who averaged 45 points the last 2 years over 82 games while shooting 17.5%? Yeesh. I think we'll regret those last 2 years.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I'm on the record as not being a big fan of the term in this deal, primarily because it might prevent us from doing other things down the road if the cap doesn't rise soon, but I really wish we could get away from the absolutism that seems to exist about players regressing because they are getting older. If you want to base your argument on the deterioration of a specific skill, especially one that makes the player valuable, then that's fine. But this idea that a player is not going to be worth their contract in 5 years based solely on the idea that they've had a few birthdays is lazy. David Perron is an example of why that simply isn't a universal truth. Even when the physical skills start to diminish, a player's hockey IQ and experience can help them play smarter and actually be as effective if not more so.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'm on the record as not being a big fan of the term in this deal, primarily because it might prevent us from doing other things down the road if the cap doesn't rise soon, but I really wish we could get away from the absolutism that seems to exist about players regressing because they are getting older. If you want to base your argument on the deterioration of a specific skill, especially one that makes the player valuable, then that's fine. But this idea that a player is not going to be worth their contract in 5 years based solely on the idea that they've had a few birthdays is lazy. David Perron is an example of why that simply isn't a universal truth. Even when the physical skills start to diminish, a player's hockey IQ and experience can help them play smarter and actually be as effective if not more so.
While it's true both Steen and Perron took big steps in production in their age 29 season, they are by far the exception.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->