booze & blues
Mar 29, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
5ic5bd.jpg

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
I love this signing, especially for the money. 4.5 is a steal. Yeah, five years is a lot, but I honestly don't mind.

With the additions of Saad and Buchnevich, I think we have a solid top six, even if we trade Tarasenko. (I admittedly have a ton of faith in Thomas; I think he could be a solid top six center.)

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I love this signing, especially for the money. 4.5 is a steal. Yeah, five years is a lot, but I honestly don't mind.

With the additions of Saad and Buchnevich, I think we have a solid top six, even if we trade Tarasenko. (I admittedly have a ton of faith in Thomas; I think he could be a solid top six center.)
Totally agree, especially on Thomas, if he can make some physical gains this offseason...which low key...... it's his first full offseason as a pro. (made mem cup going into rookie year, then cup shortened offseason, then playoff bubble and covid sprint..... i'm excited to see him this year, he could be the true x factor of this team being a contender or a pretender.

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
Surprised we inked him. Anyone know if there were any other teams that had offers on him too? Wondering who we beat out.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Surprised we inked him. Anyone know if there were any other teams that had offers on him too? Wondering who we beat out.
Believe I read that the Devils made an offer. Being a dad, it sounded like location was fairly important to him. Maybe the Midwest appeals to him.

Reactions: Bluesguru

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
Believe I read that the Devils made an offer. Being a dad, it sounded like location was fairly important to him. Maybe the Midwest appeals to him.

Yeah I heard his interview on SiriusXM, and he spoke highly of the area for being a good place to raise a family. We have one of the better metro areas in the league for living a comfortable and quiet family life, and it’s cool to see players valuing that.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Yeah I heard his interview on SiriusXM, and he spoke highly of the area for being a good place to raise a family. We have one of the better metro areas in the league for living a comfortable and quiet family life, and it’s cool to see players valuing that.
believe the Isles were also interested in him

now, maybe that was just talk to add leverage in the SUPPOSED interest in Vladi.. dunno

seems like there was a lot of smoke around the Isles and the "need for one more scorer"

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Given the curse that we carried and it’s effects for 50+ years, Every number on the ‘19 team should be retired.

TBH the team didn't break the curse. It was actually the Golden Knights that broke the curse for us. Think about it. The first time a team made it to the finals and lost in their first season since the Blues did the same and we win the cup the very next year. I hope the Knights enjoy their curse because we sure did.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
TBH the team didn't break the curse. It was actually the Golden Knights that broke the curse for us. Think about it. The first time a team made it to the finals and lost in their first season since the Blues did the same and we win the cup the very next year. I hope the Knights enjoy their curse because we sure did.
I LIKE YOUR WAY OF THINKING

Reactions: Reality Czech

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020

and they deserve a curse because they stole the Raiders from Oakland, I mean LA, I mean Oakland, ...LA?
Hell, nevermind

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad