Half-Assed GDT: Blues Sens

oPlaiD

Dec 3, 2007
It's actually insane how consistently this team is winning the games where they're outplayed and giving up tons more chances but losing the few they do seem to get the better of the other team.

Coulda really used some of those dirty rebound goals against Colorado and we had lots of opportunities for them the other night. Binny wasn't bad that game but he also wasn't outstanding like Hofer seems to be tonight.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
It's actually insane how consistently this team is winning the games where they're outplayed and giving up tons more chances but losing the few they do seem to get the better of the other team.

Coulda really used some of those dirty rebound goals against Colorado and we had lots of opportunities for them the other night. Binny wasn't bad that game but he also wasn't outstanding like Hofer seems to be tonight.
Out attempted 50-20 and out chanced 17-8 after 2. Against the mighty Sens. It’s not a good team. But hey, go playoffs.

Reactions: Blueston

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Out attempted 50-20 and out chanced 17-8 after 2. Against the mighty Sens. It’s not a good team. But hey, go playoffs.
I know people don’t want to hear this but they’re likely conserving as much energy as possible to still get the win against a bottom feeder. If it’s an ugly win, who cares.

They know they have Minnesota and Vegas coming up. They will need to play their best against those two.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
it's more fun when they win. even if we know we aren't good. this draft after top 8 or really drops off; we are gonna get same level of prospect at 10 or 17, so may as well go for it.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
2 good periods played by The Blues. Finish them off in The 3rd!

Good to see both Bolduc and Dean not look out-of-place in The NHL. That, and Neighbours', Hofer's, Kessel's, Perunovich's and Toropchenko's continued improvement, plus Snuggerud and Dvorsky on the way, give me lots of hope for next season.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
it's more fun when they win. even if we know we aren't good. this draft after top 8 or really drops off; we are gonna get same level of prospect at 10 or 17, so may as well go for it.
And I would absolutely love it if we can ride Binnington to knocking Vegas out of the playoffs and a round 1 upset. Let the haters cry their hearts out.

Reactions: Blueston

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I also never expected Neighbours to be this good of a net-front presence, it's great to see. I know some are down with how our draft position will end up, but having Neighbours and Hofer develop into real players this year is huge, and I'd rather have that happen and draft where we are, than they flop and we draft #10.

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
This post was held up because I was knocked out of being signed in. After I finally was able to log in again, the post continued its processing and finally showed up. I don't know why I'd be kicked out of being signed in in the middle of a game. but that happens once in a while. Maybe a few seconds power surge? The power didn't go out on my TV, OR my computer.
the site has been doing weirdness to me all day

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad