Half-Assed GDT: Blues Sens

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Perunovich's points/60 during 5v5 is right with Krug. Ideally, we can move Krug and Perunovich can take on the main offensive dman role.
I'd attribute some of that difference also lies in quality of teammates as Krug's top 2 forwards are Kyrou/Thomas, while Peru has Hayes/Schenn for his top 2. His PP points/60 is actually higher than Krug's this season as well.

The one big knock is Peru just doesn't shoot the puck nearly enough. He generates rebounds at a similar rate as Krug despite being at half the shot(and shot attempt) rate. And while I know something like that wouldn't scale linearly, it shows he's got a tricky shot to handle when he chooses to use it, which would be great if he actually utilized it more.

You did? He was no sure thing. I thought when we dealt him he had a pretty low likelihood of becoming a really good / top half of NHL goalies, and wasn't at all guaranteed not to bust. He had a great contract year.
I figured he'd end up as the sort of guy that hovers around .905sv% and be a type that isn't quite suited for the 1G role, but would be a good/great backup or tandem guy.

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
Hofer played out of his mind tonight. Stole 2 points on the road. Unless the wheels fall off here in the last 10-12 games I think we've had arguably top 3 goaltending from our tandem this year.

Neighbors with another good game. Little surprised they didn't give Thomas and Schenn assists on his first goal, but whatever.

Dean and Bolduc can clearly skate well enough to succeed in the NHL. They will continue to gain strength as they grow into their bodies, and then all they need is experience and reps to become full time quality NHL players.

Reactions: Cotton McKnight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad