Post-Game Talk: Blues @ Rangers Nov. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
My only complaint thus far is no McIlrath he brings what is sorely missed and I have been rooting for him since day one..Other than that it is fun scoring 5 a night

What is this team missing though? Not knocking McIlrath, but the Rangers could be missing all kinds of things. They might be missing a player who makes great blueberry cobbler, but how would that effect their dominance?

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I know things change, but, right now, Miller/Skjei is an overpayment for Trouba, IMO. Both players continue to look better and better, Miller is playing an excellent all-around game, and has very good chenistry with Hayes. That 3rd line feels like a 2nd line. And, Skjei is gaining more and more confidence in moving the puck, joining the play, and he's made some excellent passes to set up plays, too.

Gorton can afford to be patient right now.

yeah i totally agree...id think every day this goes on id be dropping my price...right now im not even sure what i'd offer.

Buch straight up?

surf

Wheres the Reggae?
Oct 2, 2002
sea bright nj
I did not like seeing Edmonson? punching everyone in the face he could reach when Skjei was battling with Steen in front

What is this team missing though? Not knocking McIlrath, but the Rangers could be missing all kinds of things. They might be missing a player who makes great blueberry cobbler, but how would that effect their dominance?

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Trading Duclair? I mean, he is really lighting it up this year. Sure wish they had him back. In 8 games, an assist. A whole assist.

I thought it at the time and now after seeing Buch in the NHL, I think the reason the Rangers were willing to pay the steep price and lose a quality player like Duclair was because they knew Buch was coming. Like they said, okay we're going to take our shot, so it's going to hurt whoever we move, but who would we rather keep? And they chose Buch and I thought it was the right call then and still think it is. I think Buch will end up the better player.

Also getting Vesey helps soften the blow of losing a Duclair. :)

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I know things change, but, right now, Miller/Skjei is an overpayment for Trouba, IMO. Both players continue to look better and better, Miller is playing an excellent all-around game, and has very good chenistry with Hayes. That 3rd line feels like a 2nd line. And, Skjei is gaining more and more confidence in moving the puck, joining the play, and he's made some excellent passes to set up plays, too.

Gorton can afford to be patient right now.

The chemistry between JT and Hayes is unreal. I really wanna see Buch on that line as well, but Grabner also compliments them nicely. It's like Hags-Hayes-Miller from two years ago except Hayes and Miller are both even better now.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
There are many who played great tonight.
Girardi, Henrik & Vesey got my votes.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Great PGT lots of positivity. Was hoping Buch would get one. He had two nice snipes in final period but no dice. Hard to say vesey is a power forward with that baby face lol but he sure is playing like one

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Vesey has been awesome . Only thing I would change as coach would be to tell him to avoid carrying the puck in front of our goalie. I like his confidence to do it but dont want it to bite him.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
How many people around HF and the NHL talking heads predicted a Blues-Lightning final? A pretty good amount..

The Rangers just dominated both. Out scored them 11-1. Not to mention, we outplayed the Blues earlier in the season too.

If it aint broke, dont fix it. No need to make a trade or change right now.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Hayes and Vesey singing here after trading away all those 1sts is hilarious and satisfying. The feeling is Grinch-esque (surely there's a German word to describe this )

Last edited:

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I really like the Blues coach as well - and well respected around the league.

How many people around HF and the NHL talking heads predicted a Blues-Lightning final? A pretty good amount..
The Rangers just dominated both. Out scored them 11-1. Not to mention, we outplayed the Blues earlier in the season too.
If it aint broke, dont fix it. No need to make a trade or change right now.

Yeah, a solid point - not easy to move pieces when the whole team is playing such great offensive hockey.
In Blues defense though in a playoffs scenario it would be (1-1) after 2 games - even though Blues had puck luck in the first home game.

Last edited:

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
Yeah, I read it, Rangers is playing unreal hockey from all lines now - and what can you do to respond? :)

Not to rain even a drop on the Rangers, who put in really solid game yet again, but I did not think much of Hitchcock's game plan. If I was Blues player, I might even be a bit pissed off at what I was told to do, which looked to me like basically watching the Rangers run past you for much of the game.
It was great. I loved it. But Hitchcock does not look good.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Just watching rangers in 60 and to see the replay of miller stopping the puck with his skate to pass to Hayes for 5th goal was a thing of beauty

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
I feel bad for Sam. The Rangers are moving the puck so well he's having a hard time keeping up! :laugh:

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I'm just finishing the game now had an ice game myself.

Let me say henrik Lundqvist needed that glove save on robbie Fabbri. That changed everything. That's a goal he lets up all season and it would have made it 2-1. I don't think he looked particularly sharp before that stop. Looked like he's looked all season.

HOWEVER after that save its almost like he got his confidence back and felt good. He was outstanding tonight after that save. Popping on shots confident and clean in his movements and rebounds. Just a great game for him.

Folks the rangers are Teeing off on teams right now. If you you'd have gotten even half of what lundqvist gave you tonight (which is what we should expect from a goalie of his ilk) we are at the very least 9-1.

Hank finding his game? Wow watch out because this group is scary good and our veteran D core looks healthy and isn't being tested much.

Sky is the limit as far as I'm concerned. Yes the scoring will come down a bit but if stl and Washington and Tampa are the cream of the crop? Then wtf are we because we are hammering really good teams here. No one can skate with us 4 lines deep no one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad