Blues Prospects Thread 2020-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Simon Robertsson has scored in consecutive SHL games. If he would have done that a month ago, I am sure he would have been at WJC.

At first I was confused!

That wasn't Robertsson. It was Boliden! lol

Then I figured out that Boliden is an ad for a mining company.

Now I see the name on the bottom.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Robertsson is the guy I have the least idea about since… Dominik Bokk. The scouts love him, his production is piss-poor, but the highlights are exciting. If we got him in the 1st or 2nd, I’d be mad about the selection, but for a 3rd rounder (that was projected in the 1st) I’m thrilled by it. If for nothing else, he’ll make good trade fodder.

but seriously, it seems like Loof is the better prospect at this point. Can y’all believe this guy?? You don’t trade for D-men in this league and get much success, you draft them. And this guy checks so many boxes for us. Super excited to see this kid in North America.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Ok... so, what do we know about Will Bitten?

Simon Robertsson has scored in consecutive SHL games. If he would have done that a month ago, I am sure he would have been at WJC.

They finally play him more then 4-6 minutes a game?

AVictoryDive

Jan 7, 2013
Collinsville, IL
Same position, and offensive output, same age. Only real difference is one is left handed one is right handed.
Very different players though.
Stevens is a very well rounded but limited player because of his skating though he has the size.
Bitten has very good skating with very nice hands though just hasn’t put it all together yet.
Bitten is 2 years younger though

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Very different players though.
Stevens is a very well rounded but limited player because of his skating though he has the size.
Bitten has very good skating with very nice hands though just hasn’t put it all together yet.
Bitten is 2 years younger though
I forgot Steven's was picked up as a older draftee.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
I'm not understanding this trade at all.

To clarify

ST. LOUIS, Mo. – St. Louis Blues President of Hockey Operations and General Manager Doug Armstrong announced today the team has acquired forward Will Bitten from the Minnesota Wild in exchange for forward Nolan Stevens. Bitten will report to the Blues’ AHL affiliate, the Springfield Thunderbirds.

Bitten, 23, was originally drafted by the Montreal Canadiens in the third round, 70th overall, of the 2016 NHL Entry Draft. The Ottawa, Ontario, native has spent the past four seasons with the AHL’s Iowa Wild. This season, the 5’11, 174-pound forward has tallied eight points (three goals, five assists) and six penalty minutes in 23 games. In 168 career AHL games, Bitten has tallied 77 points (31g+46a).

Elite Prospects wrote of Bitten:
A smart offensive catalyst that consistently displays outstanding work ethic, elite hockey sense, and an ability to stay ahead of the play in all three zones. Very naturally gifted skater who moves around the ice with ease. Excels in pressure situations and uses his vision to predict where the puck is going to be, and proactively gets his body into a position where he can either take it away or take off up the ice. Offensively, he has a very creative streak, and knows what kinds of plays he can make in all situations; he also has an exceptional release on his shot, which he can get off quickly. Defensively, he is a buzzsaw that will not let up on the opposition, creating problems for them by causing turnovers and playing strong positionally.​

Last edited:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I think Bitten was the captain of that Flint Firebirds team that all turned in their jerseys to the owner after he fired the coach. Something like the owner’s son wasn’t getting as much ice time as he wanted or something. Real bizarre scenario. Maybe he wasn’t the captain, but the best player or something. I just remember his name coming up in those stories.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Wonder if Stevens asked to be traded since he clearly wasn't in our plans?
I was thinking that the Blues are transitioning to more of a good-skating team and we need the AHL players to be good skaters.

If we had kept up the injuries and COVID thing, Stevens would have been called up at some point. Now we have a better skater to call up, in case.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I was thinking that the Blues are transitioning to more of a good-skating team and we need the AHL players to be good skaters.

If we had kept up the injuries and COVID thing, Stevens would have been called up at some point. Now we have a better skater to call up, in case.
We have called up 5 or 6 guys and he wasn't one of them. Suppose if we had another 5 or so injuries may have cycled to him eventually. But he clearly wasn't in our plans.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Physically big on the ice. Skates well, good passing, blast from the point, physical and will play the body. Positioning is pretty good. Think he will be a solid 2nd pairing guy.

Reactions: execwrite1

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
Ok... so, what do we know about Will Bitten?

They finally play him more then 4-6 minutes a game?

Last five games Robertsson has been averaging 8:37. Trending up. Having scored in the last two games means he is building a case for more ice-time.
Unluckily, his team went into covid protocol quarantine and postponing of games, after his game picked up. So his team hasnt played since my previous post.

Drubilly

Sep 23, 2018
Collinsville
Last five games Robertsson has been averaging 8:37. Trending up. Having scored in the last two games means he is building a case for more ice-time.
Unluckily, his team went into covid protocol quarantine and postponing of games, after his game picked up. So his team hasnt played since my previous post.
Thanks for posting! Fairly excited about him as a prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad