Blues Prospects Thread 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Good for him. But the last thing we need is another LHD.

Yeah I wouldn’t take him over Tucker or Perunovich at this point, just wishing him luck is all. It’s weird how these things work out sometimes, but this dude went from an undrafted nobody to getting serious looks from two teams in the fall (us and Calgary), and now has earned himself an ELC. That’s awesome

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Good article by JR at The Athletic on Perunovich. Sounds like he will sign with the Blues but who knows.

Perunovich sounds like the real deal and can overcome his lack of physical play with his skill level. Might even be NHL ready now. Comparison to Quinn Hughes is encouraging.

Reactions: Bluenatic

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
In non-Sci Fi related news, it looks like the AHL situation has worked itself out for the time being.

It looks like the Blues will be sending their guys to Springfield for the next 5 years. Or until Vegas decides to take this one instead.

https://www.foxsports.com/midwest/s...eal-with-ahls-springfield-thunderbirds-030620

THANK GOOOOD.

Best case scenario, imo. I’m just glad this got resolved.

Besides being close to AGM Kevin McDonald, another upshot of Springfield is that, because it’s in hockey-hotbed Massachusetts, and close-ish to Boston, hopefully we’ll be able to attract decent free agents

Reactions: Kylester

Quaz

Mar 15, 2006
St Louis
I thought that was a great article in the Athletic about Perunovich. Since they were making comparisons to Makar and Hughes in size I went back and checked Makar's NCAA stats from last year and he finished with a lower PPG average than what Perunovich currently has. Perunovich isn't as dynamic of a skater as Makar or Hughes, but he has been as productive at the the NCAA level and from what I remember he is an above average skater. The Blues have the advantage of signing him this year and burning the first year of his entry level deal. Although if UM Duluth goes deep in the tournament this year there may not be time to bring him in and burn the first year of his entry level contract.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I thought that was a great article in the Athletic about Perunovich. Since they were making comparisons to Makar and Hughes in size I went back and checked Makar's NCAA stats from last year and he finished with a lower PPG average than what Perunovich currently has. Perunovich isn't as dynamic of a skater as Makar or Hughes, but he has been as productive at the the NCAA level and from what I remember he is an above average skater. The Blues have the advantage of signing him this year and burning the first year of his entry level deal. Although if UM Duluth goes deep in the tournament this year there may not be time to bring him in and burn the first year of his entry level contract.
Just being in the tournament (pretty much a lock at this point) will make him unavailable to sign until the 28th of March at the earliest. If UMD makes the Frozen Four, we won't be able to sign him until after the regular season is over, which seems like it would prevent us from burning a contract year given that we would be beyond the point at which players stop getting paid under their contract for a given season.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Good article by JR at The Athletic on Perunovich. Sounds like he will sign with the Blues but who knows.

Perunovich sounds like the real deal and can overcome his lack of physical play with his skill level. Might even be NHL ready now. Comparison to Quinn Hughes is encouraging.
Oh, I did not like reading those four (bolded) words. Not at all.

Last edited:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Oh, I did not like reading those four (bolded) words. Not at all.
Our best Dman averaged the fewest hits per game by Dman on the team. By far our worst Dman averages the most hits per game. It’s what guys do when they can’t play the f***ing game, they just hit people. Give me someone who can actually affect the outcome of a hockey game over a brainless goon.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Our best Dman averaged the fewest hits per game by Dman on the team. By far our worst Dman averages the most hits per game. It’s what guys do when they can’t play the f***ing game, they just hit people. Give me someone who can actually affect the outcome of a hockey game over a brainless goon.
Yeah, no one said anything about brainless goons.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I don't think lack of physical play is fair. He is just small. Seems to physically engage.
Which is satisfactory for me. He doesn't have to be Scott Stevens, (or more accurately, Torey Krug :)). As long as he engages and doesn't actively avoid contact, his size doesn't matter. I just didn't like that he thinks he can use his skill to justify avoiding physicality. That would bother me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blueston

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Which is satisfactory for me. He doesn't have to be Scott Stevens, (or more accurately, Torey Krug :)). As long as he engages and doesn't actively avoid contact, his size doesn't matter. I just didn't like that he thinks he can use his skill to justify avoiding physicality. That would bother me.
Based on descriptions of how he plays, Krug seems like a reasonable comp. Both won't have highlight reel plays like Makar or Hughes, but both are talented offensively to produce big numbers. Both are smaller in stature, but do engage physically. Perunovich will just need to get that NHL body and learn how to use it and pick his spots.

Spear

Anonymous source FOR HIRE
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Based on descriptions of how he plays, Krug seems like a reasonable comp. Both won't have highlight reel plays like Makar or Hughes, but both are talented offensively to produce big numbers. Both are smaller in stature, but do engage physically. Perunovich will just need to get that NHL body and learn how to use it and pick his spots.

And take fighting lessons from Vince Dunn!

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018

Well, I guess Perunovich and McGing played their last NCAA game this season. Hopefully we can quickly sign both (for next season?).

CHL, like the NHL, AHL and ECHL, is suspended. So maybe Tucker, Alexandrov, Laferriere, Washkurak, Michel, Hofer, Ellis haven't played their last CHL game this season yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad