Blues Prospects Thread 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Wiki has him listed as 5'9" 169 lbs. Dobber and EP at 163 lbs. That' s not small, it's tiny. He would have to spend at least a year in NA just bulking up. I am a little leery of this one. Maybe I am just over-cautious by nature. He sounds really "boom-bust", and I would rather not go in that direction until later in the draft.

Eh. He just turned 18. Plenty of time to add muscle/mass and maybe even grown an inch or two as well. And the game has changed somewhat. Perunovich turns 22 this summer and is still only listed at 175 lbs.

Depends on how his body is built - how easily can he build mass? Idk but that’s something the Blues would have insight on for any player they consider taking.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Puck Soup had an interview with David Carle, who is the coach at Denver. They went over a bunch of college hockey stuff and spoke about Scott Perunovich a few times.

The relevant parts start at 01:05:20

Thanks for posting. He speaks extremely highly of SP. Picks him to win Hobey Baker, says he has been maybe best D in college hockey for 3 years. Really gives us something to look forward to if we ever have NHL play again.

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
Unless Perunovich is lightning in a bottle, I expect him to work himself gradually in lineup. Blues are loaded at D and still have their eyes on one more Cup.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Hi guys,
I am looking for info on Anton Andersson. Where is he? How come there is no statistical info on him since 2018-19? Is it a long-term injury or something else?

Thank you in advance.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Hi guys,
I am looking for info on Anton Andersson. Where is he? How come there is no statistical info on him since 2018-19? Is it a long-term injury or something else?

Thank you in advance.

I’m not 100% convinced this person even exists. Wasn’t at the draft, has never shown up for Prospects Camp or the TC tourney...could be another Taro Tsujimoto. ;)

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Something that I was wondering. We've seen some other teams already sign free agent players out of the CHL or NCAA to AHL-contracts for next season. Are we allowed to sign players to AHL-contracts for Springfield for next season or is this a no go seeing the season 'officially' isn't over yet and Springfield is still Florida's affiliate? If we can't do that, that would put us in a significant disposition as we are not going to hand out AHL-contracts for a team that doesnt exist after this season (the Rampage).

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Something that I was wondering. We've seen some other teams already sign free agent players out of the CHL or NCAA to AHL-contracts for next season. Are we allowed to sign players to AHL-contracts for Springfield for next season or is this a no go seeing the season 'officially' isn't over yet and Springfield is still Florida's affiliate? If we can't do that, that would put us in a significant disposition as we are not going to hand out AHL-contracts for a team that doesnt exist after this season (the Rampage).
Couldn’t we just sign them to an AHL deal and they’d automatically be transferred over to Springfield if/when the season is officially canceled? Or does it not work like that

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Couldn’t we just sign them to an AHL deal and they’d automatically be transferred over to Springfield if/when the season is officially canceled? Or does it not work like that

That is exactly what I'm wondering.

scenario 1: The GM of Springfield signs their players to AHL deals. Currently the GM of Springfield is a Florida guy. We will have to wait untill the season is over when a Blues assigned GM, Kevin McDonald, takes over to be allowed to sign players to an AHL-contract at Springfield.
scenario 2: The Blues themselves are able to sign players to AHL deals, wherever that AHL organisation is going to be.

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Anyone else get frustrated at how little information exists on Vadim Zherenko? Apparently he had a fantastic season in the MHL...?

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Anyone else get frustrated at how little information exists on Vadim Zherenko? Apparently he had a fantastic season in the MHL...?
He played in both the VHL and MHL and had good numbers in both. But, I always forget, which is the better league? If memory serves me correct others have said one is like the AHL here and the other is like the CHL junior league

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
He played in both the VHL and MHL and had good numbers in both. But, I always forget, which is the better league? If memory serves me correct others have said one is like the AHL here and the other is like the CHL junior league
VHL is the AHL, MHL is CHL.

SwivelSchwartz

May 14, 2019
Incredible the strides he’s made in his skating from when he was drafted. Bill Armstrong looks to have struck gold once again

Reactions: mk80

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Good point - never going to beat the Gilmour pick. Okay, Tucker could be the second best.

Interesting there were 12 rounds in the draft then.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Great link - thanks for posting.

What a find by the scouting department. He could be the biggest steal in Blues draft history. Can't wait to see him in the AHL next (?) season.
Me neither!!

I love it when players dramatically improve their skating. Always a great sign!

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
We took Doug Gilmour in 7th round. That is pretty high bar to top.

Colton Parayko in the 3rd round of what was a f***ing abysmal 2012 draft would be in the running for this as well, though probably not on Gilmour levels. Though Colt was a major contributor on a cup winner for us, so that might change the math.

Reactions: simon IC

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Colton Parayko in the 3rd round of what was a f***ing abysmal 2012 draft would be in the running for this as well, though probably not on Gilmour levels. Though Colt was a major contributor on a cup winner for us, so that might change the math.
I love Parayko but he has way to go to reach HOF like Killer. But to be fair, while 3rd ain’t 7th, there are more teams now. Gilmour was pick 134 which would be 5th rounder now. Interestingly, we took Ronning at pick 134 year after Gilmour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad