Blues Prospects Thread 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Don't people who played hockey for over 20 years but are now too old to keep from being shattered to pieces by sneezing, count......at least a little bit? :help:
Lol, I hope so Robb! You just described me. :D Can't play anymore due to arthritis and osteoporosis. Oh well, I don't regret a thing, and I would do it all over again! :)

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Don't people who played hockey for over 20 years but are now too old to keep from being shattered to pieces by sneezing, count......at least a little bit? :help:

Survey says

wCnbIl.gif

Reactions: TheBluePenguin

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Lol, I hope so Robb! You just described me. :D Can't play anymore due to arthritis and osteoporosis. Oh well, I don't regret a thing, and I would do it all over again! :)
Is there a league for 70+ players? Too many guys in their 40s still like to crunch people into the boards in recreational pick-up games. They think they're still in their 20s. I'll admit I still like the feel of knocking opponents around. I'd love to give some good hip checks. But, I'm afraid (from experience) that I'd get the worst of it, playing against players 20-30 years younger.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Booooo! Hisssss! :mad::rolleyes::eek::huh::popcorn::help::thumbd: No accounting for taste!

Haha...just teasing Robb. Everyone knows you're in the BluesTalk HOF.

Is there a league for 70+ players? Too many guys in their 40s still like to crunch people into the boards in recreational pick-up games. They think they're still in their 20s. I'll admit I still like the feel of knocking opponents around. I'd love to give some good hip checks. But, I'm afraid (from experience) that I'd get the worst of it, playing against players 20-30 years younger.

Seniors leagues? Would need to be a major metro area to support more than a couple of teams though.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Haha...just teasing Robb. Everyone knows you're in the BluesTalk HOF.

Seniors leagues? Would need to be a major metro area to support more than a couple of teams though.
I live in a village of 300 people. None of them are ice hockey fans. I could play in mid winter, when I'm in Winnipeg, as there are no upper age limits in Senior Leagues. But, it would likely lead to an early grave. I guess I'll have to wait for the next life, and hope I don't come back as a millipede! :laugh:

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
I live in a village of 300 people. None of them are ice hockey fans. I could play in mid winter, when I'm in Winnipeg, as there are no upper age limits in Senior Leagues. But, it would likely lead to an early grave. I guess I'll have to wait for the next life, and hope I don't come back as a millipede! :laugh:

There's a guy that's pushing 80 at our local drop-in. ;)

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Well pronman has us in his top 10 at least as he’s now released 31-11 rankings. Can’t say I’m surprised, but wouldn’t have been if we were 10-20 range either just because.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Well pronman has us in his top 10 at least as he’s now released 31-11 rankings. Can’t say I’m surprised, but wouldn’t have been if we were 10-20 range either just because.

He’s been gushing about Thomas for a while now. I figured he’d put the Blues top 10 based on that fact alone.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
He’s been gushing about Thomas for a while now. I figured he’d put the Blues top 10 based on that fact alone.
While I expected him to have us high given how much he likes Thomas Kyrou and Bokk I wasn’t sure because I don’t know how he feels about the lower half of our prospects.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
While I expected him to have us high given how much he likes Thomas Kyrou and Bokk I wasn’t sure because I don’t know how he feels about the lower half of our prospects.

Yeah, I don’t have a subscription but based on what people I’ve gathered that having a prospect(s) he views as truly special carries more weight than having a stable of good-not-great prospects. Which is why I think we’re seeing the Blues ahead of a team like Philly, for example. He’s not super high on any of their guys even though they have a stocked pipeline.

Reactions: Dbrownss

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Yeah, I don’t have a subscription but based on what people I’ve gathered that having a prospect(s) he views as truly special carries more weight than having a stable of good-not-great prospects. Which is why I think we’re seeing the Blues ahead of a team like Philly, for example. He’s not super high on any of their guys even though they have a stocked pipeline.
Right, but we are also stacked, and have two/three high end/elite prospects that separate us there. We are on number 15 in our rankings and it’s between an AHL all star and one of our best AHL players in 16-17. I’d say we are doing alright.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Right, but we are also stacked, and have two/three high end/elite prospects that separate us there. We are on number 15 in our rankings and it’s between an AHL all star and one of our best AHL players in 16-17. I’d say we are doing alright.

No I definitely agree that this is the best pool of prospects the Blues have had in quite some time. I think there’s a nice mix of potential high-end talent and guys that could contribute in a bottom six role or maybe surprise and be more than that. Coupled with the fact the NHL roster is also the strongest it’s been in a couple years, the organization is setup nicely. Getting some solid goaltending is the biggest red flag at this point (and even that will hopefully be fixed as Husso comes along.)

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I dont get in depth with other teams prospects but I distinctly remember Philly fans assuring HF guys like Lindblom and some of their defensive prospects were sure fire top guys and they havnt amounted to much yet, so I agree with CP that they are deep but not special. I'm anxious to see what he labels Thomas at. He's his biggest fan

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Seems to me like we belong squarely in the second 5 (6-10) so it doesn't really surprise me. I do have issues with several of his rankings, starting with Tampa at 31. They don't have anyone approaching elite that isn't already an NHL player, but I would put every one of their 2-6 prospects ahead of the Hawks' #2 and he has the Hawks at 14. Boqvist is a nice player, but he's not enough to tip the scales that much.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
StayLive

Bokk plays at 9am ct I believe it is. 1600 local time and Sweden is GMT+2. He’s number 15, playing 3RW according to Vaxjo twitters lines.

It’s 8usd to watch. I bit....

Recording it and will upload to YouTube later today.

Bokk is on PP1 playing the slot position and carrying puck up ice.

Bokk scored second goal for Vaxjo

They end up winning in a shootout with Bokk missing first.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad