Post-Game Talk: Blues @ Preds 7:00

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
There were quite a few empty seats but to be honest a lot of them are usually filled with season ticket holders. These 5 and 6 game home stands become tiresome, particularly if the wins are infrequent. At some point, usually toward the end, I notice a lot miss out on one of them.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
With Goose, on the 4TH LINE, where they belong, being good grinders. I really don't want any of our prospects plugged into those roles.

Jeez, people complain all year cause Trotz put a skilled guy down on the 4th line - now he doesn't and they complain cause we roll a grind line.:shakehead:amazed:

The thing about Clune the Clown and Eaves (to a lesser extent), is it's not like they are going to be a key to victory....ever. Does Trotz really need to play those two to assess how great they are? Are they the future? (Although I can imagine Trotz was gushing in the post game over his shiny new fourth line grinder). It's not like the Preds can't do without whatever it is that Trotz thinks Clune the Clown and Eaves are contributing. I don't see the problem with evaluating some prospects over what was sent out there last night. At this point of the season, what's the harm?

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
"The Clown" has more goals than Wilson, Borque,Cullen, and Stalberg,. Hmmmm May the Clown should be centering the First line.

Infinite Jest

Apr 26, 2013
"The Clown" has more goals than Wilson, Borque,Cullen, and Stalberg,. Hmmmm May the Clown should be centering the First line.

Where are you getting your stats? He doesn't have more goals than any of them. In fact, they all have at least 3 times as many goals as him...

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
maybe he mistook calling clune a clown and thought the clown was somehow a reference to Gaustad?

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
You were talking about the 4th line. Clune Eaves and Gausad who I presume you refered to as the clown.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
The thing about Clune the Clown and Eaves (to a lesser extent), is it's not like they are going to be a key to victory....ever. Does Trotz really need to play those two to assess how great they are? Are they the future? (Although I can imagine Trotz was gushing in the post game over his shiny new fourth line grinder). It's not like the Preds can't do without whatever it is that Trotz thinks Clune the Clown and Eaves are contributing. I don't see the problem with evaluating some prospects over what was sent out there last night. At this point of the season, what's the harm?

Assessing them in a role that they are not expected to fill does what exactly?

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
Agree Wilson doesn't look too good in Leggy's role on the PP, but I think it's because now, instead of just Horny and Fish being pretty redundant on the PP, we have Wilson, too, who's a bigger downlow slower guy on the PP. Yes, I get he's a similar passer to Leggy, but he's not as good a puck-handler or skater and doesn't pull the switch as quickly on his passes.

Switch up Fish and Smitty, give Willy a couple games where they can do a little more movement and he can get below the redline and hit Horny rotating in front and Smitty moving to the openings.

Spaling made a VERY NICE tip, not a lucky deflection, from where I was sitting.

It deflected/redirected off his stick on Fisher randomly throwing the puck near the net. Seems to be the only offense other then the dmen getting shots from around the blue line

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad