Post-Game Talk: Blues @ Preds 7:00

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Are we really icing Eaves and Clune? Like, let's be honest, there are about 7 forwards we could plug in that would be as effective if not far superior.

Oh well. This team isn't going to make the playoffs. Losing in competitive style will have to be a moral victory.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
We gave it a good try but were beaten by the better team. Would have been a worse score if it wasn't for Rinne. The good news is seeing Rinne playing well even if we lose.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
13 of our 21 shots on net from defensemen per post-game report. ouch.

Rinne looks really good. I've missed Peks!

Spaling with a true resurgence this year. He has been on fire since mid-January.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I try my best to stay positive, but it is pretty %@!# depressing when you know that the game is pretty much over when you are only down 1 goal. I had no hope or expectation that we would tie the game- just demoralizing and depressing........

(And looking at the replay on the penalty shot call- that was a BS call- there was no penalty there whatsoever......)

twig

Dec 8, 2013
The whole offense must be turned over in the off season.

Stalberg is so week on the puck, he couldn't keep a beach ball
on his stick.

originalpredfan

Oct 27, 2013
I find it interesting that Trotz's system is defensive responsibility by our forwards, yet all too often it is the lack thereof that causes us to lose. Would it interest anyone but me if we encourage our forwards to go all out to score and perhaps not worry so much about being scored on. Would the possibility of winning a game 4-3, or 5-4 be palatable. After all, having Rinne back and encouraging our D-Men to play defense rather than make up for the lack of offense in this team might actually help. Imagine a system that has the forwards concerned with scoring and the defense concerned with limiting opponents scoring. What a concept.

Hockeyfever

Jan 5, 2012
13 of our 21 shots on net from defensemen per post-game report. ouch.

Rinne looks really good. I've missed Peks!

Spaling with a true resurgence this year. He has been on fire since mid-January.

I looked at the report. Not at all good by our centers. Wilson in his first game taking Leggy's spot had no points and no shots on goal 17:09 TOI. Cullen same stats in 18:03 TOI. Fisher with an assist but no shots in 19:39 TOI. Then lastly Gaustad no points or shots in 11:15 TOI. Not one shot by a center the entire game :shakehead

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Looked like a Blues fan got ejected in the 3rd period over in section 105. Not sure what happened though. The sexual predators chant from one of their top shelf ambassadors was nice as well. What's worse is the guy looked like Quasimodo. :laugh:

Would have been nice to get a win tonight but this season is over regardless.

Missing Leggy on the PP was very obvious also.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Pekka was terrific. Kept it from being a blow out. The rest of them :thumbd: the passing was some of the worst I have seen this season. Turnovers by the bushels just pitiful.

Blues fans are just so classy :shakehead

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
Nah, we don't do things like that. Screws up our chances at the #1 overall pick.

Sometimes I wonder if Trotz would, if he could get away with it, ice a team with 14 D-men and 4 centers.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
I was able to attend the game tonight as a neutral fan... My god were the blues fans in attendance ignorant. Was really hoping the preds could shut them up.

I will be there again Saturday to cheer on my jackets, and can assure you, myself, and any other cbj fans in attendance will be 10x more tolerable.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
Probably the last game i will attend for awhile.
What a waste of a 5 game homestand.
The arena was not even with 3,500 of being a sellout. A lot of empty seats.
Surprisingly not a ton if Blues fans. I expect it to be close to 50% Blues fans on Saturday the 15th.

Colin Wilson looked like a joke on the PP. 17:09 minutes of ice time in his "new" role and goose eggs across the stats.

Another lucky deflection goal by Spaling. Have the Preds scored anything but deflections or dirty rebound goals in the past 4 games?

No offense creativity only thing they can do is get the puck to dmen in the zone.

Wonder what the conversations are like between owners and management after losing 6 of the last 7 and only scoring 1 goal in each of the last 3 games at home?

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
Are we really icing Eaves and Clune? Like, let's be honest, there are about 7 forwards we could plug in that would be as effective if not far superior.

With Goose, on the 4TH LINE, where they belong, being good grinders. I really don't want any of our prospects plugged into those roles.

Jeez, people complain all year cause Trotz put a skilled guy down on the 4th line - now he doesn't and they complain cause we roll a grind line.:shakehead:amazed:

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
Colin Wilson looked like a joke on the PP. 17:09 minutes of ice time in his "new" role and goose eggs across the stats.

Another lucky deflection goal by Spaling. Have the Preds scored anything but deflections or dirty rebound goals in the past 4 games?

Agree Wilson doesn't look too good in Leggy's role on the PP, but I think it's because now, instead of just Horny and Fish being pretty redundant on the PP, we have Wilson, too, who's a bigger downlow slower guy on the PP. Yes, I get he's a similar passer to Leggy, but he's not as good a puck-handler or skater and doesn't pull the switch as quickly on his passes.

Switch up Fish and Smitty, give Willy a couple games where they can do a little more movement and he can get below the redline and hit Horny rotating in front and Smitty moving to the openings.

Spaling made a VERY NICE tip, not a lucky deflection, from where I was sitting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad