Pre-Game Talk: Blues @ Oilers Oct 20 7:00PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
If the Oilers lose a close game, that's cool with me. As in better play than Buffalo and Carolina.

Quite a test coming up. At the very least, we'll be entertained.

Hopefully McDavid lights em up.

Yak can score lots tonight, as long as Edmonton gets two points.

Namtsua

Apr 4, 2011
BC
So flame tickets on stubhub for the game tonight are 7$ american for a ticket. Pretty pathetic that their fanbase struggle to sell out games, especially when edmonton rolls in there and pounds them. What a sad excuse for a franchise. 7$ is absolutely pathetic for a canadian fanbase. Flames are garbage

http://www.stubhub.com/calgary-flam...&qtyq=false&dUpg=true&sort=price+asc&bla=true

friend showed me this, just pathetic.

You realize this happens to every team in the league, right?

No matter how popular the home team is, it's hard to get excited when they're playing a team like the Hurricanes.

I've seen tickets go for similar prices for certain Canucks, Oilers and even Rangers games (those were 5$ USD).

Finally, your point about struggling to sell out their arena confuses me. As StubHub is a ticket reselling website, the seat is already purchased. Perhaps the owner couldn't go so they just wanted to get quick buck.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Because it's showing dismissal for the management of the team. I don't think the Oilers will win, but I hope they do.

And I'd be much more pleased if they won 5-0 than 5-3. Yak can go pound sand.
look at how many fans around the league want their management to be gone. doesn't mean they hate their team. you don't have to agree with everything management does in order to be a fan.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Your calling out other posters as "pathetic" and "spiteful" is classic, raw-raw, JJ Oilerism.

You don't have an exclusive right to ensure all Oiler fans cheer for the team within the set of guidelines you set forth. It is ok for some of us to love the team, the players and hate the nepotism and management that has dragged this franchised through the mud for 10 years yet keep making sure the raw-raw fans remain just that ... raw-raw.

Did you ever think that some of us who saw this train wreck coming 10 years ago knew that getting rid of the poison that is KLowe and his clowns might be the only way to fix this team and set it right. As of right now, the same poison is in the room and until it's gone, the same mistakes will kneecap this team ... I am sorry those raw-raw blinders you bought into don't allow you to see it.

The thing is you don't love the team if you're actively cheering against them to spite the management that has ruined them over the past decade. Your "raw-raw" response is just hilarious, because its exactly what you're doing with old management. "Raw-raw old management this, raw-raw nothing ever changes, raw-raw". You keep doing you bud, I've never claimed to have an exclusive right to ensure all Oilers fans cheer for the team in some set of guidelines. I simply stated my opinion which is that fans who act like this are pathetic and spiteful, and feel some need for validation, more than they need to see the team win.

nhlisajoke

Nov 15, 2010
Edmonton
You realize this happens to every team in the league, right?

No matter how popular the home team is, it's hard to get excited when they're playing a team like the Hurricanes.

I've seen tickets go for similar prices for certain Canucks, Oilers and even Rangers games (those were 5$ USD).

Finally, your point about struggling to sell out their arena confuses me. As StubHub is a ticket reselling website, the seat is already purchased. Perhaps the owner couldn't go so they just wanted to get quick buck.

I agree but for the capitals to only be $12 is crazy

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton
Opinions are like ass holes everyone has one, but some stink stink more then other. If you don't like the smell breathe through your mouth and go on with your day. Just because someone else's ass hole stinks more then yoursay doesn't mean the end of the world, only that the whole place is gonna smells like ****. I think being an Oiler fan over the last decade give the right to some scepticism and negativity. Oilers are off to a better start then we are use to but the team still needs alot of work. It's ok for some not to get their hopes up after all the let downs we have had to endure.
As for Myself I'm finding it hard to contain at least a little bit of excitement even though I know we aren't there yet. I have faith in Chia and the moves he has made its gonna take more then 4 games though before I either write him off or give him praise.
I liked Yakupov but his time here was up I wish him all the best with St Louis, just not against us. That being said if in our last game against the blues this year he has 14 goals do you let one"accidentally" sneak in ?:sarcasm:

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
I agree that the kind of people in your last statement are wrong.
but just because a fan hopes a former oiler pots one or two or three doesn't mean they want the team to lose. this isn't the first time a former oiler will score on oilers and it won't be the last. chances are, Yak might get one tonight, and cheering when he does so, isn't wrong or anti-oiler if in the end they want Oilers to come out on top.

If cheering for the other team to score against the Oilers then it's cheering against the Oilers. No amount of explaining or justifying can argue that.

At that moment being an Oiler fan comes into question. Of course can jump on and off nobody stopping that.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
look at how many fans around the league want their management to be gone. doesn't mean they hate their team. you don't have to agree with everything management does in order to be a fan.

Just to interject, it's not quite like the way you've laid it out here....just saying. But yours was a nice politically correct post. That's for sure.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Opinions are like ass holes everyone has one, but some stink stink more then other. If you don't like the smell breathe through your mouth and go on with your day. Just because someone else's ass hole stinks more then yoursay doesn't mean the end of the world, only that the whole place is gonna smells like ****. I think being an Oiler fan over the last decade give the right to some scepticism and negativity. Oilers are off to a better start then we are use to but the team still needs alot of work. It's ok for some not to get their hopes up after all the let downs we have had to endure.
As for Myself I'm finding it hard to contain at least a little bit of excitement even though I know we aren't there yet. I have faith in Chia and the moves he has made its gonna take more then 4 games though before I either write him off or give him praise.
I liked Yakupov but his time here was up I wish him all the best with St Louis, just not against us. That being said if in our last game against the blues this year he has 14 goals do you let one"accidentally" sneak in ?:sarcasm:
very weird analogy.
in this case, stink is very relative and people need to respect some other people stink.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Blues fan here. Just a touch of clarification. Yakupov is in the top 6 but doesn't play the minutes. The ice time varies per player. He plays less then 15min a game while Tarasenko is usually around 20min.

Also, why was Yakupov considered average in speed? He's obviously not McDavid fast but the kid can absolutely fly. Very explosive skater, even if does look like he's being chased by bees lol

He's a good skater, he just doesn't know how to utilize it most of the time because when it comes to decision making he can't think anywhere near as quick as he can physically play. His top end speed is more the average to good part of his skating, but he definitely is explosive and has good lateral movement. A guy with his explosiveness should be able to blow by defenders constantly, but his inability to beat defenders one on one has a lot to do with his inability to pull off moves at high speeds, and I also think he probably doesn't utilize his changing of speeds very well. McDavid for example will slow up and then explode catching D flat footed, while Yak kind of just goes all out off the hop and D can adapt to his speed because he doesn't have an extra gear to use when he starts off in top gear.

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
So flame tickets on stubhub for the game tonight are 7$ american for a ticket. Pretty pathetic that their fanbase struggle to sell out games, especially when edmonton rolls in there and pounds them. What a sad excuse for a franchise. 7$ is absolutely pathetic for a canadian fanbase. Flames are garbage

http://www.stubhub.com/calgary-flam...&qtyq=false&dUpg=true&sort=price+asc&bla=true

I'm not sure if you've ever been up to the 300's in the Saddledome, but it's the worse seating situation I have ever encountered for a pro sports venue.

You couldn't pay me to go up there tonight to watch the Hurricanes.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
If cheering for the other team to score against the Oilers then it's cheering against the Oilers. No amount of explaining or justifying can argue that.

At that moment being an Oiler fan comes into question. Of course can jump on and off nobody stopping that.
I disagree.

actively hoping oilers lose is "anti-oiler"
hoping a certain player (ex-oiler or not) scores vs oilers does not mean you are against your team. it just doesn't have correlation at all.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I disagree.

actively hoping oilers lose is "anti-oiler"
hoping a certain player (ex-oiler or not) scores vs oilers does not mean you are against your team. it just doesn't have correlation at all.

But that doesn't help the Oilers. A shutout against the Blues would be the best thing a fan could hope for. Yakupov is an enemy like any other player on any other team. If he scores against other teams then good for him. But tonight he's just another obstacle that I hope the Oilers can surpass.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
You clearly don't give a single **** about the Oilers. Still with the same ****** baghead avatar, not a single positive thing to say ever. You don't like the team yet you follow them. Maybe you should look into that masochism deal. It might be your thing.

The Oilers are 3-1 and all you can talk about is not getting enough value for a crappy 8 goal scorer who has accomplished absolutely nothing in the past 4 years. Nothing about beating Calgary twice. Nothing about bouncing back from a tough loss. Nothing about hoping the team wins tonight. You call yourself an Oiler fan? Ha! And I'm Will Smith.

Yes, they are 3-1 for which I am eternally gratefully less than great Keith. Is it Keith Partridge you are modelling yourself after, just curious. Now there is a positive.

The first few games RNH looked bad, Eberle when paired with him the last few games improved that line dramatically. Wouldn't Yak look pretty good along side the best player in the world today McDavid (another positive if you are counting, assuming simple math is in your bag) .... but no, we traded him for a 3rd round pick. Same mistake by management, different year.

I am not surprised you model yourself after an insane Scientologist, Will Smith ... it is fitting.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Yes, they are 3-1 for which I am eternally gratefully less than great Keith. Is it Keith Partridge you are modelling yourself after, just curious. Now there is a positive.

The first few games RNH looked bad, Eberle when paired with him the last few games improved that line dramatically. Wouldn't Yak look pretty good along side the best player in the world today McDavid (another positive if you are counting, assuming simple math is in your bag) .... but no, we traded him for a 3rd round pick. Same mistake by management, different year.

I am not surprised you model yourself after an insane Scientologist, Will Smith ... it is fitting.

Religion is a wonderful topic for discussion my friend. :) I actually didn't know he was. Nor did I care. And if you must know Keith is my actual name.

And no, Yak looked okay. 2 goals in 10 games. Wow 16 goals in a season, that's almost as good as his career high.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014

So is Yak bad enough he won't get 15 goals on a playoff team or good enough to play on a bubble team's top line?

Which is it?

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown

Keeping Yakupov after he made it clear he no longer wanted to be an Oiler sounds like a recipe for locker room issues.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005

i have corporate tickets to bring customers to and i cant get people to come to the games.....even with free food and booze lol

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
I'm hoping St. Louis plays well, a structured, fast paced game. And I hope the Oilers match that and show they can hang with top tier teams that are playing near their best. Beyond that the score doesn't matter much. Hoping for 4-3 Oil.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
If this was 1 or 2 lost trades, fair enough comment to get over it. But seriously we are 10 years out of the playoffs and still losing trades or not getting reasonable value back. No, management needs to be reminded of this 24-7. Improving a team short term, but losing a trade long term is no way to win a cup.

And Yak was the difference between them potentially winning a cup or not?
Also, Yak requested a trade (multiple times) so they kind of had to trade him.

I'm amazed that some people would like to see Yak succeed at the expense of their "favorite" team but then again, not too surprised because there are some posters who have a constant axe to grind against the organization no matter what they do, not that the organization doesn't deserve criticism but it seems to be the theme of every single post from some people.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
The thing is you don't love the team if you're actively cheering against them to spite the management that has ruined them over the past decade. Your "raw-raw" response is just hilarious, because its exactly what you're doing with old management. "Raw-raw old management this, raw-raw nothing ever changes, raw-raw". You keep doing you bud, I've never claimed to have an exclusive right to ensure all Oilers fans cheer for the team in some set of guidelines. I simply stated my opinion which is that fans who act like this are pathetic and spiteful, and feel some need for validation, more than they need to see the team win.

I am not cheering against them. I want them in the playoffs as much as anyone, I want them to win the cup as much as anyone. Concurrent with that I want Yak to Rub management's nose in it.

If my thoughts offend you, perhaps you should put out a detailed listing of what makes and Oilers fan a fan ... vs. what doesn't .... just so we can try and slot ourselves into your guidelines.

Once again your calling out certain fans as "pathetic and spiteful" says more about you than it does about those same fans. Wake up buddy ... didn't JT say its 2016 and Canadians come in all colors now?

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

There's nothing to support this claim. Yak scored at a 15 goal pace with McDavid last year. Explain to me how that is a good thing for a guy considered a "goal scorer" when Eberle scored at an over 30 goal pace playing with the same guy.

I would also disagree that RNH looked bad in any game this season, but I'm sure you're one of the anti-Nuge posters on here so I won't even bother debating that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad