Gobo

Stop looking Gare
Jun 29, 2010
I mean Yaks playing on their top line. Hope he lights it up

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
The first decent team we face this year.

I could see them getting caught off guard by just how bad Calgary, buffalo, and Carolina were compared to the blues.

Expecting us to go down early, tighten up for period 2 and 3, and fall just short on a comeback.

Yak with a multi point night.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
I don't. He's playing against us.

Sure, light it up any other night. Not tomorrow night.

It's just natural that former players have big nights against us.

Yak and Paajarvi probably come out with multi point games.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Never seen so many people care about a player. Enough to make me yak.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Statement game... win this one and we are legit... A loss and we haven't improved much.. Time for McDavid /Lucic to take things up a notch.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Don't see the Oilers pulling this one out. They're better this year but still not quite there as far as competing with a team like this. That and Hitchcock always has his teams ready to play Edmonton like he has a stick up his rear end. 4-2 St. Louis.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Nothing has Changed about Yak 1 game in 4 with points he will go thru these 8-9 games without points then a few in bunches. 30-40 pts this year book it,

MikeModano9

Oct 27, 2011
Tallahassee
Blues have looked heavy on the puck with relentless forcheck. Been getting great tending. And have been sniping goals left and right. Going to be a huge test for the team.

Splatter

Sep 13, 2010
St. Louis
It's just natural that former players have big nights against us.

Yak and Paajarvi probably come out with multi point games.

Unless somebody gets hurt in practice, Paajarvi will be sitting out the next game.

Lines:

Fabbri-Stastny-Yakupov
Schwartz-Steen-Tarasenko
Perron-Berglund-Jaskin
Upshall-Brodziak-Reaves
Extra: Paajarvi, Rattie

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
This is the real test here. The Blues have one of the best defensive cores and systems in the league. Don't think the Oilers are ready for a test like this yet, especially looking at our first 4 games. We've been too sloppy to expect a win against the Blues. Add to that the Yak factor. Players seem to always have good games against their former teams, and Yakupov looks itching to prove something against us. The only way I see us winning this is if McDavid comes looking to make a statement after being held pointless in the last 2 games. But I'm pretty sure the Blues D will focus him down.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Ben Betker has been recalled. Fayne placed on IR

He won't see any action. Probably just didn't want to recall Benning after just sending him down, so that he can get some AHL games in.

I'm going to go against my better judgement and predict a win. We played the blues quite well last year after we had acquires some big bodies. If the team D can tighten it up and McDavid can get back on track I think we at least have a chance. I'm fully prepared to be disappointed though.

scb23

Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton
We need big games from our big bodies to win this one. Lucic and Maroon need to be monsters and clear some space. Big game from McDavid coming up. He doesn't like being held off the scoresheet - bet this day off is killing him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00