GDT: Blues @ Islanders 1:00 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Great comeback, but the criticisms after the first period are still valid.

Nice to see our PK coming out more aggressive, nice to see more movement on the PP, but the overall sloppiness in the team remains. It will be interesting to see how we set up on the PP when Steen returns.

Reasonable criticisms of Hitchcock are fair. We've seen in the playoffs how slow he is to make effective adjustments in the team. There is nothing but time in the regular season, but we can't rely on using that because it isn't there when it matters most.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Berglund-Stastny-Lindstrom with six points.

Keep them together and see if they can do that against the heavier, tighter checking teams.

execwrite

May 4, 2002
Peekskill, NY
Visit site
This game was a turning point. Backs to the wall, last game of the road trip.

The boys could have packed it in. But Hitchcock, Backes and all the rest fought back.

Mark it - that was a big win that really shows the depth that Armstrong has built.

No question that Brodeur is here for the rest of the season.

execwrite

May 4, 2002
Peekskill, NY
Visit site
Great comeback, but the criticisms after the first period are still valid.

Nice to see our PK coming out more aggressive, nice to see more movement on the PP, but the overall sloppiness in the team remains. It will be interesting to see how we set up on the PP when Steen returns.

Reasonable criticisms of Hitchcock are fair. We've seen in the playoffs how slow he is to make effective adjustments in the team. There is nothing but time in the regular season, but we can't rely on using that because it isn't there when it matters most.

That part I agree with.

Meatball

Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Yeah. Even last game it was evident that Marty's got something left in the tank. How much remains to be seen. It helps that he's playing behind a team not unlike the Devil's teams of yore.

MoonDragn

Mar 28, 2007
Maryland
Come to think of it, isnt Marty like a perfect fit for this Blues system?

You haven't seen nothing yet. Once Marty gets to know your defense, He'll start playing D back there. Your defense is fast enough to cover any mistakes that Marty makes. Match made in heaven. I find it laughable people keep saying Marty is washed up. Yes he's a little bit slower than he was when he was younger, but its not like he forgot how to be a goalie.

Meatball

Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
You haven't seen nothing yet. Once Marty gets to know your defense, He'll start playing D back there. Your defense is fast enough to cover any mistakes that Marty makes. Match made in heaven. I find it laughable people keep saying Marty is washed up. Yes he's a little bit slower than he was when he was younger, but its not like he forgot how to be a goalie.

Maybe we should have went after him instead of giving up so much for Miller in the first place.

Talk about complete opposite results.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Thank you guys updating here. Cant watch game, finland independence 97th year day. Please give some report after game how Petteri and Jocke has played.

Im quite far other ppl now. I think nearest ppl are over 100kmaway. no electricity etc. Only candle anf open fire.

Thank you guys.

Linbohm is the man! He needs to stay up with the big club permanently!!

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO
Maybe we should have went after him instead of giving up so much for Miller in the first place.

Talk about complete opposite results.

Remember that Miller played extremely well his first 6 games or so, and then bottomed out terribly. Let's give Brodeur a little more time before anointing him the savior.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
So nice to be able to go to work now after such a heartfelt comeback win like today! I'll have a bounce in my step all night for sure, can't wait for the replay at 7c!

Meatball

Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Remember that Miller played extremely well his first 6 games or so, and then bottomed out terribly. Let's give Brodeur a little more time before anointing him the savior.

It was clear from the beginning that he wasnt going to fit here because of his style and the types of teams he's played on. He'd never played in a tight defensive system before. He needs to see shots. That's why I wasn't a fan of the trade at the time.

I'm way more optimistic about Marty for that reason alone. Plus, he'll have more time to adjust to a system he's somewhat familiar with.

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO
It was clear from the beginning that he wasnt going to fit here because of his style and the types of teams he's played on. He'd never played in a tight defensive system before.

I'm way more optimistic about Marty for that reason alone. Plus, he'll have more time to adjust.

Let's hope that Elliott comes back quickly and healthy and that Allen finds his game again, so that none of the above is necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille