GDT: Blues @ Islanders 1:00 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Interesting that Butler played virtually 22 min. and Jackman had only 20 and change. I'm surprised that Lindbohm only had 10. After Gunnarsson went out, I'd have guessed that the lower three would have upped their minutes drastically.

What was pairings before Gunnar injury?

Did you see that Petteri did bring puck attack zone, any blueline plays? What about did Petteri overplayed himself in o-zone and what about quick direction changes were he lost then? Add + and - things if you can.

To everybody isnt this quite funny, everybody was 'dump' in Jocke before Islander game. If Jocke didnt add any points this game what other things he did differently compare previous games? Did he loose 1on1 situation what about on board plays?

What about did Petteri get more icetime on 3rd period, like some people here hoped? What you guys think could Petteri play SH? Give him responsibility to SH and release Pietro, Jackman and maybe Shatty SH icetime? Give them (Pietro,Shatty) needed fully concentration on 5on5 and PP. Or is this too early thinking?

Last edited:

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Did not watch game yesterday. Looks like Lindbohm made a couple nice plays.

Why did he have only 10:33 in ice time?

And, Ranksu, I am not sure what you are trying to say in the post above. Were you satisfied with Lindbohm's performance?

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/06/blues-dont-expect-elliott-back-soon/

Take from this what you will. I take it as a long term injury which is the only reason why the Blues freaked out and signed Brodeur.

Obviously, what I posted was just my opinion. Maybe I should edit it to say that.

I just don't understand this line of thought.

The game yesterday is the perfect example of why Brodeur was signed. Binnington isn't NHL ready, and had he been on the bench then we'd have probably felt forced to leave Allen in when we weren't comfortable with that.

A strain would likely be around a month for a him. That isn't an insignificant amount of time, it is a 12 games. If it takes another couple of weeks, that's 19 games. We absolutely needed to sign someone.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I see anything from a 4-8 week injury, but even if it was just 2 weeks, signing Brodeur on a deal that we can easily get out of is the right decision.

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
I just don't understand this line of thought.

The game yesterday is the perfect example of why Brodeur was signed. Binnington isn't NHL ready, and had he been on the bench then we'd have probably felt forced to leave Allen in when we weren't comfortable with that.

A strain would likely be around a month for a him. That isn't an insignificant amount of time, it is a 12 games. If it takes another couple of weeks, that's 19 games. We absolutely needed to sign someone.

I guess I just feel like it's going to be longer than that. I don't know. It's just my belief that this team is good enough to sustain an injury to it's starting goalie for a month. Now if Allen got injured then yeah, I get it.

To me it's either a knee jerk reaction or Elliott is going to be out longer/has a worse injury than originally thought. Like I said, this is just my two cents and I am often wrong.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Did not watch game yesterday. Looks like Lindbohm made a couple nice plays.

Why did he have only 10:33 in ice time?

And, Ranksu, I am not sure what you are trying to say in the post above. Were you satisfied with Lindbohm's performance?

I didnt watch that game so that is why those questions. Sorry didnt info that my 'first' post.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Lindbohm played great I thought. he does well getting the puck out of the defensive zone, isn't scared to go for blocks, and also can read rushes and step up into the play very well (I've seen him do this a few games now). What a gem we found in this kid.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I thought Lindbohm was fine, but he didn't play nearly enough for me to say he was anything more than that. 10 minutes for a Dman is basically nothing. Only guys that finished the game that played less were our 4th line forwards. He didn't look out of place, but again didn't do anything to stand out to me other than taking exception to a forward wacking away after the whistle(which is good to see). I don't want to be a sports hipster, as I am a fan of Lindbohm, but I think the praise of his game is a little out of hand. Again, just my opinion.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I thought Lindbohm was fine, but he didn't play nearly enough for me to say he was anything more than that. 10 minutes for a Dman is basically nothing. Only guys that finished the game that played less were our 4th line forwards. He didn't look out of place, but again didn't do anything to stand out to me other than taking exception to a forward wacking away after the whistle(which is good to see). I don't want to be a sports hipster, as I am a fan of Lindbohm, but I think the praise of his game is a little out of hand. Again, just my opinion.

I'm optimistic about Lindbohm, but I am confused at some of the effusive praise he gets on this board. What has he done to warrant it? He had a strong training camp, the majority of which none of us saw at all (including most of the preseason games). He's played very sparingly in the NHL. At best I think you could say he hasn't done anything to embarrass himself, and has been reliable in his limited time. His statistal results and the reports from the AHL have been a bit mixed, but consistent with a young D-man who is still developing.

Some posters act like he should be on the 3rd pairing already and jettison someone who is here now. Is this just hyperbole? What are you guys seeing? It feels like groupthink to me. I hope he continues to grow, and think he has a shot of making the team next season (especially curious as to Jackman's fate next year) but seriously, he only played a handful of shifts last game. Not enough to draw much conclusion.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
From what I've gathered he's puck moving gritty Dman with a good shot. I think his gritty play is what's elevating him into favoritism

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
I think Lindbohm also gets a boost around here because his last name isn't Jackman or Cole

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Lindbohm played decently last night. Not spectacular, not bad. He made a few errors, as young defencemen do, but played reasonably solidly. He made a couple nice hits. made a few good outlet passes, skated the puck out of the defensive zone a couple times, joined the play in the offensive zone a couple times. He played fairly well vs. the forecheck, giving up the puck only once that I saw. He won a few puck battles, held his own along the boards. I don't remember him getting any special teams time.

I saw him play 2 pre-season games and one Wolves' game, plus his Blues' games. He looks very good at this stage for a 6th Round choise. But, I wouldn't trade off Jackman, Cole or Butler, at this point (today) to play him instead. I AM surprised that he didn't get more than 10:30 last night, given that Gunnarsson went out so early.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Is Lindbohm going to be our new Polak so to speak? I think Polak was a 6th rounder too wasn't he? Anyway he has some potential for sure. Late round draft pick gems ftw!

It was a breath of fresh air not having Steen on the point on the power play. :snide: Maybe the team should consider moving him from the point. Also man Lindstrom looked excellent on the power play, great game from him. I hope he can keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad