OT: Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Maybe I've missed it, but I'm already missing the "view first unread" button when opening a thread.

That said, I can't tell if I actually don't like it, or just am not used to it. Time will tell.

WeWantTacos

they said aw-reety an' they was aw-righty
Apr 6, 2012
Brett Hallway
My biggest issue was that it felt confined due to ~ 1/5th the page being whitespace on the right side preventing text from going all the way across the page, but now that I've figured out how to change that it isn't so bad.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Eye will get use to it.

I think they need to add a shade to every other post to limit the white, kind of like this but you know, not in excel lol (Too lazy to find a better picture)

shade-every-other-row.png

url

Last edited:

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Haha oh noooooo, the new servers are blocked on my work computer. That sucks a lot. That means my posting will probably be limited to just the evenings/GDTs from now on. Probably for the best in regards to my productivity, but still, that's quite disappointing. Can't really go to my admins and ask for them to unblock the site so I can procrastinate summore, they tend to not like that (they won't even let me download spotify on my compy). Blech, rough couple of days in the Blueniverse

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
i liked the ability to see what threads i've posted in, and to click on the number of replies to see who has posted how many times (even if that is admittedly very minor feature). both seem to no longer exist.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Haha oh noooooo, the new servers are blocked on my work computer. That sucks a lot. That means my posting will probably be limited to just the evenings/GDTs from now on. Probably for the best in regards to my productivity, but still, that's quite disappointing. Can't really go to my admins and ask for them to unblock the site so I can procrastinate summore, they tend to not like that (they won't even let me download spotify on my compy). Blech, rough couple of days in the Blueniverse
VPNs might be your friend. I can use Spotify on our network to stream, yet no one else can. Why? VPN.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
My biggest issue was that it felt confined due to ~ 1/5th the page being whitespace on the right side preventing text from going all the way across the page, but now that I've figured out how to change that it isn't so bad.
How did you change that?

Reactions: KirkOut

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Maybe I've missed it, but I'm already missing the "view first unread" button when opening a thread.

That said, I can't tell if I actually don't like it, or just am not used to it. Time will tell.
Should be a little blue button to the left of the thread title on the forum page that takes you to the first unread post. It'll be wonky for your first time in the thread post-migration, but on your second and all subsequent visits I think it should work.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
I like that the forum is more streamlined and easier to navigate but I'm not a fan of all the white color.
Colors might get tweaked, but there are bigger problems to trouble-shoot at the moment. Permissions, user groups, and filters need to be tweaked, training mods (not to mention myself) on the new interface, etc. There's quite the laundry list of functionality issues to address before cosmetic issues are going to hit the radar.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
VPNs might be your friend. I can use Spotify on our network to stream, yet no one else can. Why? VPN.

Yeah, unfortunately VPNS are a biiiiiig no no at work. So it goes. Worse things have happened. If I get bored I'll probably just go to reddit haha, which oddly enough isn't blocked at all. The IT guys are weirdos

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
If you ar
Yeah, unfortunately VPNS are a biiiiiig no no at work. So it goes. Worse things have happened. If I get bored I'll probably just go to reddit haha, which oddly enough isn't blocked at all. The IT guys are weirdos
e using a VPN, can they tell who is using one? By the way, I am talking about my phone and not my work computer.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
what are the chances of one of matheny/mo being fired?

I put it at 10%

Chubbinz

Nov 1, 2016
If you ar

e using a VPN, can they tell who is using one? By the way, I am talking about my phone and not my work computer.

Yes it is possible to tell it just depends on how motivated they are to do so. Make sure your phone isn't named "your name's phone" or something that would directly identify it to you, and don't be the only one connecting to wireless access points while using the VPN. If they can't find someone to directly blame it on, odds are all that will come out of it is a memo sent out, either the IP for the VPN is firewalled out, or they just block the MAC address of your phone so no internet for you off of their wifi. If they are really motivated they could packet sniff in an effort to try to further identify the suspected person but I wouldn't worry much about that as it's just easier to ACL the problem away and be done.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Yes it is possible to tell it just depends on how motivated they are to do so. Make sure your phone isn't named "your name's phone" or something that would directly identify it to you, and don't be the only one connecting to wireless access points while using the VPN. If they can't find someone to directly blame it on, odds are all that will come out of it is a memo sent out, either the IP for the VPN is firewalled out, or they just block the MAC address of your phone so no internet for you off of their wifi. If they are really motivated they could packet sniff in an effort to try to further identify the suspected person but I wouldn't worry much about that as it's just easier to ACL the problem away and be done.
Excellent info. Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad