OT: Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I'm happy to have an MLS team as well. I've never really gotten into soccer, but I'm going to give it a shot. I've always thought I never really got into basketball or soccer because I didn't have a team to cheer for growing up. We'll see if that changes. I'm sure it will be successful as there are a lot of soccer die-hard around St. Louis.

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
Hey guys at least we have our very own XFL team called the St. Louis BattleHawks.

Wow, can't wait. That name is amazing.. lets go hawks.

Haaaaaaaa.....
Came to this board just to see this post. St. Louis fan cheering for a team called __Hawks. Someone did their research

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
You could put battle in front of thousands of nouns and have it be an okay, cheesy, XFL team name, and that's the one they go with? Really?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Came to this board just to see this post. St. Louis fan cheering for a team called __Hawks. Someone did their research
Yep. They talked to precisely 0 people from St. Louis before they submitted that name. Just awful. No St. Louisan wants to cheer for the Hawks.

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
Hey guys at least we have our very own XFL team called the St. Louis BattleHawks.

Wow, can't wait. That name is amazing.. lets go hawks.

Haaaaaaaa.....

Huge year in STL sports. It's crazy that we finally win the Stanley Cup, and then get an MLS franchise and an XFL team to boot.

Two sport city my arse, Kroenke!

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
20 years ago today, "We will rally around Kurt Warner and play good football."

Greatest injury fill-in in STL sports history?
Warner for Green
Pujols for Bonilla
Binnington for Allen

Last edited:

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Somewhat interesting video that I’m watching right now.

EDIT: Just finished watching it. It’s actually not that interesting at all.

Last edited:

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
Hate to see Kevin Wheeler get canned by 101.1. Liked him the best, although that's because he's not a hyperventilating live twitter stream. Maybe that's why he got fired though. That's exactly the personality type that works now.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Rest in Peace Chris Duncan. Brain tumor at 38.

I loved the Turn with him and Anthony Stalter. Stalter I find myself agreeing with almost all the time and Dunc was hilarious. Seemed like a really good dude.

I was sad to hear about Dunc, He was so goofy and full of life. When he was on the Fast lane with Randy and Damarco Farr, it was a great show and has not been the same without that trio IMO

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
RIP Dunc, knew he had taken a medical leave from 101 ESPN but didn't know he was so close to the end. Such a funny and down to earth guy, he will be missed. Gliobastoma Multiforme is a terrible disease.

Also, I hate the Patriots so f'ing much. Makes me grin with so much satisfaction every time I think about us beating Boston's arses in game 7.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
RIP Dunc, knew he had taken a medical leave from 101 ESPN but didn't know he was so close to the end. Such a funny and down to earth guy, he will be missed. Gliobastoma Multiforme is a terrible disease.

Also, I hate the Patriots so f'ing much. Makes me grin with so much satisfaction every time I think about us beating Boston's arses in game 7.
Boston kicked off their 20 year sports run against St. Louis, lets hope we put an end (with the cup win) till it and they get a nice long drought.

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
I'm sorry guys, but we can't solve a dispute here.
How do you say in English when a guy likes when an audience is listening to him carefully/with an interest.

a) He likes to be listened with interest
b) He likes to be listened to with interest
c) Other variant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad