OT: Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
I'm sorry guys, but we can't solve a dispute here.
How do you say in English when a guy likes when an audience is listening to him carefully/with an interest.

a) He likes to be listened with interest
b) He likes to be listened to with interest
c) Other variant
Of those options, B would be the most correct. The wording is a bit awkward though. It would be more common to hear something like "he likes when the audience listens with interest" or "he likes when the audience listens intently" or something along those lines.

DangerDarrin

Aug 26, 2014
Hey guys, probably been done a million times but I thought I would ask anyways. I am from Edmonton and coming to St.Louis for the ASG event. Even if I can't score tickets, it would be cool to be around the festivities. Coming for 5 days so I am wondering what would be cool to check out? Was thinking of going to check out the Blues archives at the central library, ballpark village, Enterprise (Blues store), the arch, and for history reasons the Eads bridge. Anything else I should see? We are staying across from Enterprise so around that area or a quick taxi to somewhere would be great!

FrontYardSpecial

Jan 22, 2014
Hey guys, probably been done a million times but I thought I would ask anyways. I am from Edmonton and coming to St.Louis for the ASG event. Even if I can't score tickets, it would be cool to be around the festivities. Coming for 5 days so I am wondering what would be cool to check out? Was thinking of going to check out the Blues archives at the central library, ballpark village, Enterprise (Blues store), the arch, and for history reasons the Eads bridge. Anything else I should see? We are staying across from Enterprise so around that area or a quick taxi to somewhere would be great!

I always recommend the City Museum to visitors. It’s not your typical museum. The new aquarium at Union Station is scheduled to open sometime in late 2019 so that might be worth checking out. If you like beer, you’re in luck. Budweiser offers free tours. There’s also a great craft beer scene in St. Louis depending on what styles you like. Forest Park is also great but weather might be hit or miss in February. Theres a world class zoo along with art and history museums that are all free.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
It would be worth it to catch the train to the Forest Park area. Its right on one of the stops, and very affordable. Forest Park is larger than Central Park in NYC. There are a couple great museums there, and some places to eat. You can paddle boat, etc. (Not sure with the winter ASG timing, but I there is always something.) If you have young ones, or just a young heart, the Science Center is free admission there and is super cool. The zoo is very nice, and also free admission (also in the Forest Park area).

I used to live in a nearby area and took the train to the games, so I know its a pretty easy ride back and forth, and much cheaper than taxi/Uber.

Others can tell you what good places to eat are down town around the area.

Reactions: DangerDarrin

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Some food suggestions:
-Charlie Gitto's downtown for great Italian food.
-Seamus McDaniel in Dogtown (across the highway from Forest Park) for a good local dive bar/restaurant
-O.B. Clark's in Brentwood (about 15 minute car ride from downtown) has decent food and is always a hot spot to run into Blues and visiting players and coaches. A lot of the cell phone video you will find of the day our boys brought the Cup back to town on June 13 was shot there.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Some food suggestions:
-Charlie Gitto's downtown for great Italian food.
-Seamus McDaniel in Dogtown (across the highway from Forest Park) for a good local dive bar/restaurant
-O.B. Clark's in Brentwood (about 15 minute car ride from downtown) has decent food and is always a hot spot to run into Blues and visiting players and coaches. A lot of the cell phone video you will find of the day our boys brought the Cup back to town on June 13 was shot there.
I’d counter Seamus with Felix’s, which is right down the street. Phenomenal pizza and a good beer selection.

DangerDarrin

Aug 26, 2014
Thanks for the suggestions guys! From what I've googled, these look like all great places. What is the best blues bar to go to? I mean, not our hockey club but actual blues music, lol. And we do want to try this toasted ravioli everyone seems to talk about. Best ravs?

Also some other things to maybe check out that are hockey related or non hockey related. I am not sure what to expect with the ASG events going on

Last edited:

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Thanks for the suggestions guys! From what I've googled, these look like all great places. What is the best blues bar to go to? I mean, not our hockey club but actual blues music, lol. And we do want to try this toasted ravioli everyone seems to talk about. Best ravs?

Also some other things to maybe check out that are hockey related or non hockey related. I am not sure what to expect with the ASG events going on
I invite you to take a look here

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Thank you! I did that before I made a post because whenever I click on the "Info for Fans visiting St.Louis" thread, it comes up as "The requested page cannot be found"
Bum deal...

That thread had everything you needed, but it’s dead now, so I guess this is a good thread.

Chojin

Tiny Panger...
Apr 6, 2011
Where's the best place to see women's hockey in town? The highest level I could find was Lindenwood (who I guess is playing at the new Chesterfield complex).

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Hot take: Sugarfire is the most overrated restaurant in STL and considering the price I'd rather go to Bandana's
To me, Sugarfire is more about style over substance. The more weird shit you put on my bbq (or any other food for that matter) the more convinced I become that it’s probably not very good on its own. Gimme basic and good every time.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Hot take: Sugarfire is the most overrated restaurant in STL and considering the price I'd rather go to Bandana's
giphy.gif

Lol nah, tbh I’ve only ever been a few times and I’ve always liked it. Granted one of those times I had just a burger, but still. It’s not my number 1 though, I will say that.

Reactions: KirkOut
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad