Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Has anyone been out to the PGA Championship? I cant think of anything more boring than watching golf, but apparently it is a madhouse at Bellerive.
A supplier at my company offered me 2 tickets... :laugh:. Love playing golf, but I can't watch it for more then 5min

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
One of my brothers went out Friday and generally enjoyed himself.

A bit torn about the experience myself. I enjoy golfing quite a bit and will watch events on TV. I've seen a few live rounds as well, including the Senior PGA championship that was at Bellerive a long while back. It's pretty neat being able to see what these guys can do from up close and to feel the emotion of the event, but the huge crowds (and in this case the weather) do take some of the fun out of it.

If I were to do it again, I'd go to a less prestigious event or try to get into one that's a little more heavily regulated on attendance (like the Masters). If you're going to go to one like this one, I'd try to get there early and camp a good spot on one hole for most of my time, and maybe follow one of the latter groups around for awhile to finish things off.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
One of my brothers went out Friday and generally enjoyed himself.

A bit torn about the experience myself. I enjoy golfing quite a bit and will watch events on TV. I've seen a few live rounds as well, including the Senior PGA championship that was at Bellerive a long while back. It's pretty neat being able to see what these guys can do from up close and to feel the emotion of the event, but the huge crowds (and in this case the weather) do take some of the fun out of it.

If I were to do it again, I'd go to a less prestigious event or try to get into one that's a little more heavily regulated on attendance (like the Masters). If you're going to go to one like this one, I'd try to get there early and camp a good spot on one hole for most of my time, and maybe follow one of the latter groups around for awhile to finish things off.
Undoubtedly the experience at a tournament like this is just mayhem and you spend a ton of time just trying to catch a glimpse of shots. It is easier if you’re 6’2”+ but even then you’re still jockeying for position. I’m not much for just camping out I like to see every shot so TV is the only place for me.

I went to the Greenbrier in West Virginia a few years back and the field is definitely weaker but I was able to follow Spieth for several holes without getting hung up on people.

Would always rather watch on HDTV in A/C and a cold beer in hand.

tvillewr4

Jan 2, 2012
Illinois
Went to bellerive today...petro was there, walked right by him, sneakily snagged a pic of him later and told him to have a he’ll of a year..file size too big, won’t let me upload from my phone

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Went to bellerive today...petro was there, walked right by him, sneakily snagged a pic of him later and told him to have a he’ll of a year..file size too big, won’t let me upload from my phone
Yeah the Blues were well represented. Gretzky was around, but more importantly his daughter was there.

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
Yeah, I guess Bellerive was a bit soft for a major, but it is good to see St. Louis land such a big event and see the sports fans come through once again. May the Rams rot in hell.

Reactions: Mike Liut

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I prefer majors where par is a great score, but it was still a great event. St. Louis did it up big and it was awesome to see the worlds best players put on a show.

Reactions: Mike Liut

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
Wow, all of these pages in the thread and no one seriously laughed about goat simulator??? First thing when I saw goat simulator, was is this really a game?? Then I thought of "Don't Mess with the Zohan"!!! LOL!!

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
I prefer majors where par is a great score, but it was still a great event. St. Louis did it up big and it was awesome to see the worlds best players put on a show.
I think the PGA Championship is generally designed for lower scores compared to the other 3.

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
Whyyyyyyyyyyyy

431dYHg.png

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
If I’m reading this right, @Robb_K should be able to help you out
I never look at this thread. I'm a serious hockey fan! No time for frivolity! :naughty: But I got a notice that someone mentioned my name on this thread. So here I am. So, just how can I help Ranksu out??? Because I have old eyes, too? By the way....just how old are your eyes? I thought you told us you were in your 20s, agewise, Ranksu? Maybe I'll find out. I definitely plan to go to Finland next June. I probably won't go all the way north to Lappland. But, maybe we can meet half way. So, Bobby, - how can I help Ranksu? Are you making fun of my not knowing which thread I'm on when I post on non-GDTs between periods, and stay on that thread, forgetting to go back to the GDT? I already make fun of myself for doing that for the last 18 years.:confused::confused:

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
I never look at this thread. I'm a serious hockey fan! No time for frivolity! :naughty: But I got a notice that someone mentioned my name on this thread. So here I am. So, just how can I help Ranksu out??? Because I have old eyes, too? By the way....just how old are your eyes? I thought you told us you were in your 20s, agewise, Ranksu? Maybe I'll find out. I definitely plan to go to Finland next June. I probably won't go all the way north to Lappland. But, maybe we can meet half way. So, Bobby, - how can I help Ranksu? Are you making fun of my not knowing which thread I'm on when I post on non-GDTs between periods, and stay on that thread, forgetting to go back to the GDT? I already make fun of myself for doing that for the last 18 years.:confused::confused:
Yes I was messing with you Robb :laugh:

If it makes you feel any better I’m in my mid 20s with terrible vision lol

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I'm 36 now and I'm feeling first time age affecting my body. Eh.. Yes, we need to plan meeting when its possibility for both.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
All white, own post and quote. Very hard to see the difference which is which. Is this new feature or test?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad