TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
That's not a two inning savee.

Fowler hasn't been bad this year.
comes in the game in the 8th inning

wow math is hard

"fowler hasnt been bad"
1-10. yeah thats not bad at all!!! i personally loved his PH appearance where with a runner on 2nd base and up in the count 3-0, he decides to swing instead of drawing a walk with carpenter and goldschmidt on deck.

never comment about baseball again please

Last edited:

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
comes in the game in the 8th inning

wow math is hard

"fowler hasnt been bad"
1-10. yeah thats not bad at all!!! i personally loved his PH appearance where with a runner on 2nd base and up in the count 3-0, he decides to swing instead of drawing a walk with carpenter and goldschmidt on deck.

never comment about baseball again please
That's not what a two inning save is. Coming in the 8th inning is not a two inning save. It was a four out save.

You do prove that math is hard.

Fowler has a .357 OBP, which is you can live with, and he's been hitting the ball really hard. His BABIP is low, which shows he's been really unlucky. I know that those things aren't tangible, and that you're probably not in on advanced stats, or anything beyond batting average, which indicates the level of baseball intelligence you possess, but when it's only been four games, those are the things you can live with.

For comparison's sake, Jose Ramirez, who finished third in the last two AL MVP races, has gone 1-11 thus far this year with a lower OBP than Fowler. Bader is only 2-12, but you're not calling for him to sit (nor should you). Early season results are desperately lacking in sample size, so they're stupid to base anything off of, but especially using a stat like batting average when bad luck is clearly at play.

"never comment about baseball again please"

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
That's not what a two inning save is. Coming in the 8th inning is not a two inning save. It was a four out save.

You do prove that math is hard.

Fowler has a .357 OBP, which is you can live with, and he's been hitting the ball really hard. His BABIP is low, which shows he's been really unlucky. I know that those things aren't tangible, and that you're probably not in on advanced stats, or anything beyond batting average, which indicates the level of baseball intelligence you possess, but when it's only been four games, those are the things you can live with.

For comparison's sake, Jose Ramirez, who finished third in the last two AL MVP races, has gone 1-11 thus far this year with a lower OBP than Fowler. Bader is only 2-12, but you're not calling for him to sit (nor should you). Early season results are desperately lacking in sample size, so they're stupid to base anything off of, but especially using a stat like batting average when bad luck is clearly at play.

"never comment about baseball again please"
"coming into the 8th inning is not a two inning save"

k lets have 1st grade math class. WHATS 1 + 1 CLASS? 2. So if someone comes into the game in the 8th inning, then sits down to rest and then comes back into the 9th inning, how many innings is he pitching in class?

wow, that was really hard to grasp!!!

also 2-12 with a HOME RUN is better than 1-10 so your bader excuse (why you brung him up is beyond me) kinda stumps yourself.

im not sure if you are just trolling or have incredibly low baseball IQ.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Definition of "Innings Pitched":

"Innings pitched measures the number of innings a pitcher remains in a game. Because there are three outs in an inning, each out recorded represents one-third of an inning pitched.

Just because a pitcher appears in a game, doesn't mean he will record an inning pitched or even a third of an inning pitched. In order for a pitcher's IP total to increase, he must be pitching while an out is recorded. (This includes pickoffs and caught stealings, while double plays are worth two-thirds of an inning pitched.) Pitchers are not credited for a third of an inning pitched if a batter reaches on an error because an out was never recorded."

Source: What is a Innings Pitched (IP)? | Glossary

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
Definition of "Innings Pitched":

"Innings pitched measures the number of innings a pitcher remains in a game. Because there are three outs in an inning, each out recorded represents one-third of an inning pitched.

Just because a pitcher appears in a game, doesn't mean he will record an inning pitched or even a third of an inning pitched. In order for a pitcher's IP total to increase, he must be pitching while an out is recorded. (This includes pickoffs and caught stealings, while double plays are worth two-thirds of an inning pitched.) Pitchers are not credited for a third of an inning pitched if a batter reaches on an error because an out was never recorded."

Source: What is a Innings Pitched (IP)? | Glossary
probably the biggest reach post in HFboards history.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
probably the biggest reach post in HFboards history.
Stating the definition of "innings pitched" by using the actual MLB site as a reference is a reach?

Well geez, I guess I should stop using a dictionary to define words as well.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
really smart move by the coaching staff to give wainwright a starting rotation spot.

I guess Schildt really is MM2.0

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
well ive seen enough of this team for 2019. maybe ill give them another watch once Mo gets fired.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
"coming into the 8th inning is not a two inning save"

k lets have 1st grade math class. WHATS 1 + 1 CLASS? 2. So if someone comes into the game in the 8th inning, then sits down to rest and then comes back into the 9th inning, how many innings is he pitching in class?

wow, that was really hard to grasp!!!

also 2-12 with a HOME RUN is better than 1-10 so your bader excuse (why you brung him up is beyond me) kinda stumps yourself.

im not sure if you are just trolling or have incredibly low baseball IQ.
Yeah, makes sense that you're giving a first grade math class because you never made it to third grade, where we learned about fractions. Google it some time, but make sure you have a while cause I think you might struggle to understand.

I agree that Bader has been marginally better, but only marginally. Lower OBP. Again, defensive metrics make the case for Bader to start regardless, but that's not the point. Any comment on Jose Ramirez? Alex Bregman (1-14, albeit the one hit was a homerun, no walks)?

I think that the problem is that you're too baseball dumb to understand the concept of BABIP, OBP, Exit Velocity, etc.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
Yeah, makes sense that you're giving a first grade math class because you never made it to third grade, where we learned about fractions. Google it some time, but make sure you have a while cause I think you might struggle to understand.

I agree that Bader has been marginally better, but only marginally. Lower OBP. Again, defensive metrics make the case for Bader to start regardless, but that's not the point. Any comment on Jose Ramirez? Alex Bregman (1-14, albeit the one hit was a homerun, no walks)?

I think that the problem is that you're too baseball dumb to understand the concept of BABIP, OBP, Exit Velocity, etc.
you got proven wrong already, u sure this is the hill you wanna die on? basic math does not lie my friend

8+9 = 2 INNINGS

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
you got proven wrong already, u sure this is the hill you wanna die on? basic math does not lie my friend

8+9 = 2 INNINGS
Let's say you start an hour-long math test at 11:30 PM and, assuming you manage to finish, complete it at 12:30 AM on the next day. Did it take you two days to finish that math test?

Reactions: MissouriMook

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
You really don't know what fractions are, do you? 3 outs = 1 inning. 5 outs = 5/3 innings = 1 2/3 innings =/= 2 innings.
8+9 = 2 INNINGS

does not matter how many batters he faced or outs recorded. he pitched, sat down, then came back out for a SECOND INNING of work

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Regardless of your inability to comprehend fractions, your point about Hicks throwing >1 inning is unfounded. Last year, Hicks threw at least 1.1 innings 17 times. On two other occasions, he threw 1 inning or fewer but it took place over two half-innings.

For his saves, one of the six was more than 3 outs.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
8+9 = 2 INNINGS

does not matter how many batters he faced or outs recorded. he pitched, sat down, then came back out for a SECOND INNING of work
Dude. Quit while you're behind. You're getting dummied on this and you just keep doubling down and I would be sad for you but for the fact you 1000% had it coming.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
I hope none of you have jobs with math involved, good riddance.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Lol Carp flipped off the ump after he was called out on a clear swing. Now Cards have no 3B :laugh:

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
this is a funny game. I hope the cardinals somehow win with Yadi making a Scott Rolen-esque play at 3B

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
Lol Carp flipped off the ump after he was called out on a clear swing. Now Cards have no 3B :laugh:
yeah, what a veteran move by him. great leadership! this team is full of so many stupid and selfish players.

they better hope someone scores too because there is literally nobody left but Reyes left to use. another horrific job of managing by Mike Matheny 2.0.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
lol. go ahread run scores on the 80th wild pitch of the game

yeah, what a veteran move by him. great leadership! this team is full of so many stupid and selfish players.

they better hope someone scores too because there is literally nobody left but Reyes left to use. another horrific job of managing by Mike Matheny 2.0.

wait I thought you said you were done watching. Like earlier up on this page. during this game

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
lol. go ahread run scores on the 80th wild pitch of the game

wait I thought you said you were done watching. Like earlier up on this page. during this game
who says im watching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad