Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012

Hey everyone, not sure if this fits here. So apologies if not, but I intern for the St. Louis Jr. Blues and we have a chance to sweep our first round playoff series tonight. Milwaukee is a huge rival so you'll see a great game, and if last night was any indication a very physical rock em sock em style of hockey!

Tickets are $6 and it's also Dollar Beer Night! So a very good deal budget wise, the game is at the Affton Ice Rink tonight and we would love to have a full house tonight, so if you can I highly encourage you to come out and wear your Blues gear!

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I've just about given up on the Stltoday hockey forum. The comments there are not moderated, and some of the members seem to be in some sort of insult competition.

I tried to avoid the abusers by putting them on ignore, but I still see their comments when quoted by others.

The Hockeysfuture forum makes me happy.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
I've just about given up on the Stltoday hockey forum. The comments there are not moderated, and some of the members seem to be in some sort of insult competition.

I tried to avoid the abusers by putting them on ignore, but I still see their comments when quoted by others.

The Hockeysfuture forum makes me happy.
the admin on there, mikesmith, is a totally clueless shill and i feel sorry for the people at the post who have him as a coworker. I remember him going on massive ban sprees when people would complain about Lance Lynn having another one of his "Lynnings" but would do nothing else at all.

Im honestly surprised hes still employed by them. I would have sent him a pink slip a decade ago.

Dec 15, 2002
There's moderation there. It's just whatever TPTB feel like gets them off that particular day.

Oh, you mean actual moderation as in "getting rid of that shit so intelligent people can participate in discussions." Yeah, there's none of that going on there - and there never will be. If anything, I'm surprised those forums still exist. Then again, I'm surprised some people who "work" there still have a job after all these years.

I'll say this much: that place really went to hell after Rick Zombo left.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
There's moderation there. It's just whatever TPTB feel like gets them off that particular day.

Oh, you mean actual moderation as in "getting rid of that **** so intelligent people can participate in discussions." Yeah, there's none of that going on there - and there never will be. If anything, I'm surprised those forums still exist. Then again, I'm surprised some people who "work" there still have a job after all these years.

I'll say this much: that place really went to hell after Rick Zombo left.

You said it, Rick! ;)
I left the asylum for good about eight years ago and have never looked back. HockeyPete is about the only notable poster who’s never made his way over here. I don’t miss that lunacy at all; God only knows how many iterations of the same username I had to create due to ban-happy Mike Smith having a boulder-sized boil (boilder?) up his ass. Dude has no sense of humor. I think my final ban was for posting a Team America: World Police meme (America, **** yeah) after the Bruins sent Vancouver into the most predictable of all riots.

Reactions: Mud the ACAS

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
It's like public school versus private.

I like both forums.

Pros and cons to both IMO.

I enjoy the hockey smarts here, but also like the unfiltered feelings of people in the asylum. Trolls are annoying, but so is getting a post deleted or worse, edited.

Foomp Dugan

Mar 29, 2012
It's like public school versus private.

I like both forums.

Pros and cons to both IMO.

I enjoy the hockey smarts here, but also like the unfiltered feelings of people in the asylum. Trolls are annoying, but so is getting a post deleted or worse, edited.
There are a handful of people that ruin that place over there. The fact that the moderation does nothing about it tells me that they may be in on it.

I also post at Blues News Forum which a lot of the old posters from the Asylum have migrated to. Nice place, but not much traffic.

I like that this place is informational, but it seems that if you don’t agree with the status quo, you get bastardized.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Man f*** the Cardinals and their fans.

Blues are in the home stretch and getting moved aside for one of a million baseball games and it only happens because there's idiots that only watch baseball because it's slow enough for their simple minds to comprehend.

Reactions: Default
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad