Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
Man **** the Cardinals and their fans.

Blues are in the home stretch and getting moved aside for one of a million baseball games and it only happens because there's idiots that only watch baseball because it's slow enough for their simple minds to comprehend.
I'm fine with people not liking baseball, but saying it is simple is ridiculous.

Reactions: bluesfan94

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I'm fine with people not liking baseball, but saying it is simple is ridiculous.

Didn't say it was simple. I said it was slow as in the pace. The people are simple ;)

But that would be fine with me if it wasn't spilling over into hockey. In October, if the Cards are in a race, then yeah I can understand the Blues moving aside.

But then the flip should also be true and it's not and there's my problem. It's less baseball and more decisions made because of baseball fans in this city.

Reactions: Default

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
Didn't say it was simple. I said it was slow as in the pace. The people are simple ;)

But that would be fine with me if it wasn't spilling over into hockey. In October, if the Cards are in a race, then yeah I can understand the Blues moving aside.

But then the flip should also be true and it's not and there's my problem. It's less baseball and more decisions made because of baseball fans in this city.
I wish Blues games down the stretch took priority as well, but viewership dictates that. I will not deny baseball is a slow game and I can understand why people who are not fans find it very boring.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Could you even imagine the Cardinals in a playoff run down the stretch and they get bumped to the alternate channel for the 3rd Blues game of the season. Lol.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ

Baseball games used to be well under two hours long. When I became a fan, they were still averaging about 2.5 hours and many of the games I watched/went to were over in 2.25 hours or less.

It became excruciating as games crept closer and closer to 3 hours long. I gave up when playoff games started hitting 4+ hours. I just didn't have room in my life for that sort of time commitment when my enjoyment of the product was falling off a cliff. It shouldn't be a slog to make it through a game. Get the game back to 2.5 hours or less and I would definitely consider coming back. Baseball at that pace was quite enjoyable.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I’ve said this probably 100 times, Flaherty will end up in the bullpen. He’s incredibly inefficient. He has great stuff though, but he can never go deep in games because he throws 25 pitches an inning. Will be a great reliever one day.

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
I’ve said this probably 100 times, Flaherty will end up in the bullpen. He’s incredibly inefficient. He has great stuff though, but he can never go deep in games because he throws 25 pitches an inning. Will be a great reliever one day.

BS. The dude is #1 starter material. He's just like Wainwright early in his career, just give it time.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
BS. The dude is #1 starter material. He's just like Wainwright early in his career, just give it time.
#1 starters go deep in games. He’ll never do that consistently. Just a solid bullpen arm.

Edit: averaged just over 5 innings per start in the minors. That’s who he is.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
giphy.gif

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
The 11+ minutes of actual action during a 2-1/2 hour sporting event is lost on me.
I take it you aren't a football fan, then?

#1 starters go deep in games. He’ll never do that consistently. Just a solid bullpen arm.

Edit: averaged just over 5 innings per start in the minors. That’s who he is.
This is a terrible take. Even if he doesn't go deep in games, which is more the way the game is moving anyway, he'll still be a starter because he can give you five amazing innings.

Reactions: Vladdy the Impaler

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
So, this Goldschmidt guy...
too bad we have a manager who treats game 4 like its a game 7 and brings in a inexperienced closer in for a 2 inning save.

and why do they continue to feed fowler ab? guy is terrible.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Bullpen blows a 3 run lead in 3 innings. Gonna sink the team again this year if that keeps up.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
too bad we have a manager who treats game 4 like its a game 7 and brings in a inexperienced closer in for a 2 inning save.

and why do they continue to feed fowler ab? guy is terrible.
That's not a two inning save.

Fowler hasn't been bad this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
It's a long season, but man the Brewers are good. Yelich is going to be an NL MVP candidate. Cubs are still loaded, and the Pirates/Reds have both gotten stronger. It's gonna be an absolute grind in the central.

Pitching is going to have to be much better if we have any hope of making the post season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark