Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeWantTacos

they said aw-reety an' they was aw-righty
Apr 6, 2012
Brett Hallway
Lmao Greg the leg, this is how you kick a field goal.

giphy.gif

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Lol Rams, one of the worst showings ever. f*** them.

Brady and Belichick are both the GOAT.

But now I want some new teams in the Bowl...

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
Screw Stan Kroenke, Roger Goodell, and the NFL. This was the perfect outcome IMO, Patriots win again, turning off more casual fans, and the Rams getting past the Saints just further tarnishes the NFL brand. National media now needs to be focusing on how one team's jack-a** owner exercised his rights to buy the Rams at the last minute, just when Khan was all but in as owner. Then quietly bought up land in LA, lied, tanked the organization, turned down $450 million, shat on the city on his way out the door...

And this is just the beginning for those scumbags. It’s my understanding that St. Louis has the NFL and the rams by the balls right now.... IT'S BAD, according to several people I know who are connected to the lawyers involved in the suits. Firstly, the emails that St. Louis is in possession of are extremely damning. Nobody cared, didn’t think they’d ever get caught. Well, that didn't work out too well for them. Secondly, St. Louis is apparently in possession of the escape plans that date back to 2010. Demoff left them behind at Rams park... there’s other stuff, but that will filter out in time. The lawyers are gonna drag Kroenke and the NFL through the mud on this one.

Last edited:

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Screw Stan Kroenke, Roger Goodell, and the NFL. This was the perfect outcome IMO, Patriots win again, turning off more casual fans, and the Rams getting past the Saints just further tarnishes the NFL brand. National media now needs to be focusing on how one team's jack-a** owner exercised his rights to buy the Rams at the last minute, just when Khan was all but in as owner. Then quietly bought up land in LA, lied, tanked the organization, turned down $450 million, shat on the city on his way out the door...

And this is just the beginning for those scumbags. It’s my understanding that St. Louis has the NFL and the rams by the balls right now.... IT'S BAD, according to several people I know who are connected to the lawyers involved in the suits. Firstly, the emails that St. Louis is in possession of are extremely damning. Nobody cared, didn’t think they’d ever get caught. Well, that didn't work out too well for them. Secondly, St. Louis is apparently in possession of the escape plans that date back to 2010. Demoff left them behind at Rams park... there’s other stuff, but that will filter out in time. The lawyers are gonna drag the NFL through the mud on this one.
Is there really a party more interested in suing than in quietly settling this? On both sides? A lawsuit would be more entertaining, but I’m skeptical it ever develops.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
If Patriots win, 2001 will be avenged. Don't worry guys
lolol yeah that was some payback for sure!

Heard the game was a total snoozefest and the halftime show was a trainwreck. Big congrats to the Lambs on a whopping 3 points in a championship game though, impressive!

Los Angeles has led the league in points per game over the past two seasons, yet the Rams became just the second team in NFL history to fail to score a touchdown in the Super Bowl.

lmfao

yogintheaveragebears

May 23, 2015
I feel like the half time show was just that... a show. No one was going to be happy because nothing controversial happened. As I dont really follow maroon 5,although admittedly enjoy a few of their songs, and hate mumble rap, it at least didn’t offended my ears. Big fan of getting Big Boi out there though!

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
Is there really a party more interested in suing than in quietly settling this? On both sides? A lawsuit would be more entertaining, but I’m skeptical it ever develops.

It will be interesting to see what happens. It seems less likely that this will get taken to court. Some have argued the NFL doesn't care about bad PR related to the Rams relocation (in some ways I guess I agree). But when the likely damages (cash, PR and more) approach $500M, my bet is they’ll nix open court and the horse trading will begin. Either way, St. Louis is going to come out of this with a healthy fortune because they have a lot of the leverage here. It would be funny for the lawyers to say "screw the money, let's go for the jugular" but I doubt that would ever happen. It would be funny though to see scumbag Kroenke, Jerry Jones, and Goodell getting their depositions in court.

Plaintiff lawyers are gonna have fun with this one.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
I liked 5 a lot, but I never got around to playing 6 because they made so many big changes and I didn't feel like learning everything all over again.
Lol I say that every time a new one comes out. I do generally wait until the price comes down or a complete edition comes out. I don't play very often but a few weekends a year I go down a deep, dark Civ-hole.

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
Diablo 2 took up large parts of my younger life. Path of Exile is a really fun Diablo clone. Civ 6 still hasn't solved the boring mid-game issue. Europa Universalis IV was amazing, but now it's just bloated with DLC that doesn't do anything. Skyrim was amazing. I'd play that again. Zelda Breath of the Wild has been super fun. I also play a lot of MLB the Show.

Best game ever though? Toss up between Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy X. At the time, they were both mechanically incredibly innovative not only for the genre, but for gaming in general. Then you add in the storylines and the music....man oh man. Nothing beats those. Spoiler alert.....when I was a kid I thought I had done something wrong to have Aeris die. I stopped my current game and replayed the entire game up to that point, trying to figure out what I did to lose her as a character. It was incredibly impactful that a game actually killed off one of it's main characters.

bluebird enthusiast

Dec 3, 2014
Would appreciate it if this Tornado Warning business in February would stop.

Very happy about my investment in a weather radio. It has alleviated a concern I've had since I was a kid that I would sleep through a tornado.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Sid Meier's Civilization

Best game ever?

Can there be an objectively "best game ever"? That's like picking the best painting ever or the best book ever. Nobody is going to agree. Heck, I wouldn't even agree with myself from one day to the next. A lot of it boils down to taste and a person's state of mind, both when they first consumed the media through nostalgia and the mood they are in at the moment. I have a list of favorites, and they general fall in tiers. I have a definite console bias, and a bias toward games with a strong story. I'd say my top 5 are pretty set although the order will change.

Top 5 favorites (no particular order)
- Castlevania Symphony of the Night (Honorable Mention to Rondo No Chi)
- Final Fantasy Tactics (HM to FF5 and 6)
- Bioshock
- Last of Us
- Mario Galaxy (HM to Galaxy 2, 64, and Odyssey)

2nd tier of favorites (no particular order)
- Resident Evil 4 (here's hoping for RE2:remake when I get some time to really play it).
- Deus Ex
- Batman Arkham City (HM Arkham Asylum)
- Tomb Raider (2013)
- Zelda A Link to the Past (HM OoT)
- Grandia (HM Grandia 2 and both Lunars)
-Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Suikoden 2
- Metal Gear Solid 3

Reactions: JoshFromMO

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
I would have 3 tiers. Tier 1 would be games I've played through 3 times or more. Tier 2 would be 2 times. I also have a few favorite multiplayer/coop games that I would classify seperately.

Tier 1:
Last of Us
Mass Effect Series
Red Dead Redemption
Uncharted 1-4

2nd Tier:
Red Dead Redemption 2 (will probably move up to Tier 1 eventually)
Tomb Raider (2013)
Medal of Honor (2010)

COOP or Multiplayer:
Battlefield 4
Division
Battlefront 2 (the original)

I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I would have 3 tiers. Tier 1 would be games I've played through 3 times or more. Tier 2 would be 2 times. I also have a few favorite multiplayer/coop games that I would classify seperately.

Tier 1:
Last of Us
Mass Effect Series
Red Dead Redemption
Uncharted 1-4

2nd Tier:
Red Dead Redemption 2 (will probably move up to Tier 1 eventually)
Tomb Raider (2013)
Medal of Honor (2010)

COOP or Multiplayer:
Battlefield 4
Division
Battlefront 2 (the original)

I'm sure I'm forgetting some.
I can't agree with any COOP list that doesn't have Borderlands 2 :) I loved that game so much. I can't wait for the third one.

Also really liked the Division. I never got into the Dark Zone too much, but just the story and the loot/customization were a lot of fun. I preordered the second one and the beta started a few hours ago. I can't wait to play when I get home. Part of me doesn't want to though and wants to start fresh on the release date, but I don't have that kind of willpower.

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
I can't agree with any COOP list that doesn't have Borderlands 2 :) I loved that game so much. I can't wait for the third one.

Also really liked the Division. I never got into the Dark Zone too much, but just the story and the loot/customization were a lot of fun. I preordered the second one and the beta started a few hours ago. I can't wait to play when I get home. Part of me doesn't want to though and wants to start fresh on the release date, but I don't have that kind of willpower.

Totally forgot about Borderlands :( I definitely enjoyed both Borderlands 1 and 2. Were really fun. I think I played Siren and the sniper in both games. That and Clap Trapp...loved that dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad