Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
I'd like to thank the person in the apartment complex who has the same ISP as me and is still using the same default password, so I can borrow their internet to get back online while I wait until now Tuesday [was tomorrow evening] for someone to come figure out what's wrong.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
All the Black Mirror stuff is stand-alone. Prior seasons are short stories, about an hour episodes. This time its just one longer story. I think its about 90 minutes to watch it once, but you may want to go back and try different paths.

By the way, Black Mirror stuff is very high quality. Excellent provocative writing, great acting. Its a far cry from network TV. Watch Bandersnatch, but you can watch episodes in any order you like.
The original Black Mirror was hard for me to watch. It was quality and thought provoking, but it struck too many cords concerning things that I find both wrong with our current society (Black Mirrior exaggerates it to an over the top status) and highly annoying. I can only watch episodes every so often. But the fact that they pick out societal flaws and extrapolate them into the future also makes it interesting.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
One time I saw the Matterhorn. It's an amazing mountain in Switzerland. I stayed in Zermatt the night before. It had no cars. Only accessible by train. The definition of quaint.

Reminded me of Venice, Italy. No cars. Boats, yes, but I had to park on an island to get there.

Reactions: CoMoBlues

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
What about all the other days?
giphy.gif

Reactions: CoMoBlues

Saint Loser

"(they) are unavoidably unsafe" - SCOTUS
Mar 16, 2018
One time I saw the Matterhorn. It's an amazing mountain in Switzerland. I stayed in Zermatt the night before. It had no cars. Only accessible by train. The definition of quaint.

Reminded me of Venice, Italy. No cars. Boats, yes, but I had to park on an island to get there.

Zermatt is beautiful. My favorite part was the public water fountain straight from the mountain streams. Best water I've ever tasted.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
So, the roads are horrendous - my wife was stuck for 30 minutes on Lindbergh, not moving...she parked at a mall and will walk home (4 miles)...ugh.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
STL area has a winter storm warning for the next 36 hours or so.

They're forecasting 6-16 inches of snow over that time, plus sleet and freezing rain in areas.

Looking like it’s going to be more towards the 16” than the 6”. 8” so far here in Wildwood and supposed to snow all night

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Chicago is supposed to get 1-2 inches. Normally we are the ones getting a foot. Chicago is also way better conditioned with dealing with it. There are so many cars moving here that roads don’t pile up with snow like other places. And, the road crews are used to dealing with it.

St. Louis has a much harder time for the opposite reasons. I remember driving down to St. Louis during the last big storm and forgot how bad it can get there. Total white out condition. But, for people north of STL in Illinois, it gets even worse. Fewer plows and vehicles. It can be downright treacherous out there.

Anyway, be safe! Enjoy the snow if you can. I always like walking around in it when it is fresh and still coming down. That atmosphere is so unique.

Reactions: EastonBlues22

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Hope everybody's OK. I got some scary looking pictures from my family and friends in STL.

I live in upstate NY (though not in the mountains). This storm in STL has now dropped more snow than we've gotten this entire winter combined. I'm sure I'm tempting fate by typing this...

Reactions: EastonBlues22
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad