OT: Blues Fans of the 2013 World Series

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
Good win, I'm pretty excited for Kolten Wong, the kid could barely hit during the season and even during the 1st two playoff rounds but he comes up big with a base hit and a stolen base, and then made a big fielding play. Good for him.

But our bats need to start taking advantage of men on base. The bottom of the order needs to hit better.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Good win, I'm pretty excited for Kolten Wong, the kid could barely hit during the season and even during the 1st two playoff rounds but he comes up big with a base hit and a stolen base, and then made a big fielding play. Good for him.

But our bats need to start taking advantage of men on base. The bottom of the order needs to hit better.

That dude can absolutely haul ass around the bases.

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
Reading the comments in the Bruins World Series thread make me laugh, but they have been just as critical of Farrell as I have, which surprises me a bit. Matheny is doing an excellent job in comparison to Farrell this series. Farrell is doing about as bad as Mattingly

illninofan*

I'm laughing at people who seriously think the foul line is the literal baseline. :laugh: :lol:

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Onto Game 4. I'm sure that it was probably mentioned in the Fox coverage, but Rick Sutcliffe was saying on the International feed that they had watched Buchholz throw on Saturday afternoon and he looked terrible. He wasn't even sure if he would start today he looked that uncomfortable and was all over the place.

bluesman11

Robert Johnson
Mar 19, 2010
Not that anyone here is objecting, but that's the right call, I was making the call before I even knew the umps had made the call.

Haven't seen it end a game before, but it's the right call.

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
Onto Game 4. I'm sure that it was probably mentioned in the Fox coverage, but Rick Sutcliffe was saying on the International feed that they had watched Buchholz throw on Saturday afternoon and he looked terrible. He wasn't even sure if he would start today he looked that uncomfortable and was all over the place.

I believe Bucholz own quote about his shoulder was "I feel like i got one more good start in me" if he really said that then John Farrell is crazy for pitching him.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
Reading the comments in the Bruins World Series thread make me laugh, but they have been just as critical of Farrell as I have, which surprises me a bit. Matheny is doing an excellent job in comparison to Farrell this series. Farrell is doing about as bad as Mattingly

Farrell is suffering from rookie manager blues. He's made some small mistakes. One of the more obvious ones was not intentionally walking Jay to get to Kozma that would have put a force on every base and would have saved this whole obstruction thing.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I believe Bucholz own quote about his shoulder was "I feel like i got one more good start in me" if he really said that then John Farrell is crazy for pitching him.

That is a telling quote. The fact he has been left to 4th in the rotation should show how much he is struggling. Some patience at the plate early tonight could give us a nice jump.

Farrell is suffering from rookie manager blues. He's made some small mistakes. One of the more obvious ones was not intentionally walking Jay to get to Kozma that would have put a force on every base and would have saved this whole obstruction thing.

He made a really, really huge mistake last night. Bottom of the 8th he brought Workman in with the idea that he was going to pitch more than 1 inning, their No. 8 batter was due up to start the 9th and he didn't make a double switch. Saltalamacchia (7th batter) and the pitcher should have gone out and Workman and Ross should have come in.

Doesn't matter that he is an AL manager, that kind of mistake is terrible even if you still win. When the player that you should have taken out on a basic tactically play then goes on to cost you the game with a crazy throw...

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Its a tough way for Boston fans to lose the game and that sucks but I don't understand how anyone can dispute the call. If anyone with any sense reads what the rule they would tell it was clearly obstruction. Cant wait for tonight's game.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO

I hope he starts. He's clearly injured and not effective. I want to light him up.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
And I thought Boston had knowledgable baseball fans. :shakehead

Heat of the moment it was to be expected, I think we all get like that sometimes. I'm very surprised that so many are still trying to act like it was the wrong call. It's just so strange because the rule could not be any more clear.

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
Heat of the moment it was to be expected, I think we all get like that sometimes. I'm very surprised that so many are still trying to act like it was the wrong call. It's just so strange because the rule could not be any more clear.

If we go on to win this series, I hope that play doesn't become what the series is remembered for. It was as cut and dry as it gets.

Got One Cup

Jun 3, 2008
I'm enjoying reading all the Boston fans complain about that play. You cannot get in the way of a player running the bases, bottom line . It sucks a great game had to end on a weird play like that but stop trying to make this a conspiracy.

brendan

rip bruv/cudi
Feb 12, 2012
California
Hoping we can finish Boston off while the series is still in STL

would love to go down to downtown during game 5 and see a series win. Did that in 2011 for game 7, was GOAT

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Hoping we can finish Boston off while the series is still in STL

would love to go down to downtown during game 5 and see a series win. Did that in 2011 for game 7, was GOAT

I did that in 2011 and 06. It was awesome both times. Won't be able to go this year regardless, but I should be able to make the parade if they win it.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
In the heat of the moment, I would react the same, but it is pretty funny how people are still trying to rationalize it as a terrible call. If Middlebrooks just laid flat instead of raising his legs, there might not have been an obstruction.

I want the Cards to win, but I would prefer at least 1 game to be clean and smooth with no major errors. Every game has had significant sloppiness to it.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
I really hope there is a stream for tonights game. If anyone finds one I hope you can post it here, I would really appreciate it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad