OT: Blues Fans of the 2013 World Series

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
My god Rosenthal is a machine. But so is Martinez. its absolutely insane to think that almost our entire bullpen is rookies. incredible.I was at work so I had to listen to it, but is sounds like we made a great comeback. Getting some good luck helps too. But fielding the ball properly helps even more.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Now that Martinez has that breaking ball, he's a legitimate rotation possibility. I was against the idea for quite a while because his only pitch was the fastball. He now has some consistency with the breaking ball, and sometimes it's downright disgusting. The pen is probably the best option still, but I would at least give him a look in Spring Training.

Exactly. Not only has he developed a curve ball, but it's become a weapon. It's not even a show me pitch. I'm so excited to see what this kid can do.

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri
Huge win, to even the series now no DH for the Red Sox for the next 3 games :nod: with a little luck on that sacrafice fly when the Red Sox handled the baseball like a grenade with 2 errors on the play.

Was nice to see the double steal also by Kozma and Jay before the walk to Delcaso loaded the bases in the 7th, reminded me of good old memories of 1980's Cardinal Baseball aka "whiteyball"

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
No DH is huge.

I'm not sure if it has been confirmed, but I'd imagine that Adams will keep our first base spot. Red Sox lose D with Ortiz coming in at first and Napoli coming out of the line up is bigger.

Don't have any worries about our pitching, but our at bats are still far from convincing.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I'm actually thinking Craig is going to play first. That's been the talk that he's going to actually be good enough to play first. If so that's huge, because Boston only has one lefty reliever and it could be pretty helpful having Bam Bam on the bench ready to go after any righty they have.

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
Great article about Matheny by Bernie in the Post Dispatch. He has been critical of Mike at times this season, but last night seems to have won him over. The National League managers have a much tougher job than Al managers, and last night proved it. Matheny pulled all the right strings in last night's game

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
Exactly. Not only has he developed a curve ball, but it's become a weapon. It's not even a show me pitch. I'm so excited to see what this kid can do.

According to people in the organization, his curveball has always been his best pitch, and with his fastball, that is saying something.

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
I like what Bernie said about Matheny standing by and trusting the kids. You can see the difference it made with Martinez when Matheny started giving him important assignments.

Yea, his decision last night to keep in Martinez was the best managerial move he has made all year IMHO.

STL Blues Fan

Jan 14, 2011
What where the Cardinals doing at the Blues game last night? They should have been taking batting practice. :)

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
2-0 early, the only out so far was a bunt on a bad pitch from Beltrán.

Trying to watch Mizzou, Blues and Cardinals games.

superblues

:sarcasm: implied
Oct 29, 2011
2-0 early, the only out so far was a bunt on a bad pitch from Beltrán.

Trying to watch Mizzou, Blues and Cardinals games.

I don't know how you're doing three. I'm having a tough enough time juggling the Blues and Cards.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
It isn't too bad, just things have a tendency to happen all at once! South Carolina making it easier to follow by giving up the ball every time they get close to the red zone.

Holliday with a bad base running mistake. Run and you on second, otherwise just take the single.

superblues

:sarcasm: implied
Oct 29, 2011
It isn't too bad, just things have a tendency to happen all at once!

Holliday with a bad base running mistake. Run and you on second, otherwise just take the single.

Not really sure why he'd even round for second like that. Consider the base hit a gift bc 9999 times out of 10,000 that ball gets caught.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad