OT: Blues Fans of the 2013 World Series

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
How exactly would TLR have convinced his offense to hit? We haven't done a damn thing offensively and there's nothing Matheny could have done about it.

Wong could have played, Robinson should be in this game, roster line up would have been shaken up. Would it have made a big difference? No, but the margins were pretty fine in 4 & 5.

When it comes down to it, you're largely right. I'm not really interested in the mistakes that Matheny may or may not have made with pitching changes. Scoring 12 runs in 5⅔ games isn't going to win you the Series.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Wong could have played, Robinson should be in this game, roster line up would have been shaken up. Would it have made a big difference? No, but the margins were pretty fine in 4 & 5.

When it comes down to it, you're largely right. I'm not really interested in the mistakes that Matheny may or may not have made with pitching changes. Scoring 12 runs in 5⅔ games isn't going to win you the Series.

Agreed about Wong and Robinson. Still don't know how much of a difference it would make.

Edit: Thank you Beltran.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I used to be a fan of Boston teams, since I have family up there. No longer. **** those fat ****** for mocking Wacha. He's still a kid, and he's more successful than any of you ***** ever will be.

To be fair, just about every Cardinal fan (including many here) were going around saying tonight was a automatic win, and showing a overabundance of overconfidence. Then he comes out and gets shelled and knocked out early, with the Red Sox worst starting pitcher by far pitching a gem thru 6 and 2/3 innings.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
To be fair, just about every Cardinal fan (including many here) were going around saying tonight was a automatic win, and showing a overabundance of overconfidence. Then he comes out and gets shelled and knocked out early, with the Red Sox worst starting pitcher by far pitching a gem thru 6 and 2/3 innings.

Automatic? Really?

I saw some people confident in Wacha but automatic might be taking it too far. I didn't see any of that.

Chippewa

Feb 19, 2012
houseboat, venezuela

You must have been seeing different things than I. I saw a lot of uplift in that we had a pitcher we can really trust. Nobody counted tonight as an automatic win. Nobody could with the way our offense is.

Would we have chanted a rookie pitchers name after he carried his team, and finally maxed out in a humiliating fashion on a national stage? I think not.

Enjoy your WS win. Then I hope your franchise rots along with your fans.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO

I challenge you to find a single fan in here that said that. There's a massive difference between saying you have confidence that your team and pitcher have a chance and saying its an automatic win.

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Automatic? Really?

I saw some people confident in Wacha but automatic might be taking it too far. I didn't see any of that.

I didn't read one comment from one Card fan on here who was worried in the slightest with Wacha going against Lackey tonight. Every single one were convinced he was going to win the pitching battle. That's what I meant by automatic.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I didn't read one comment from one Card fan on here who was worried in the slightest with Wacha going against Lackey tonight. Every single one were convinced he was going to win the pitching battle. That's what I meant by automatic.

Nobody said it was automatic. Not one single person. Learn the difference between having confidence in your pitcher and thinking its an automatic win.

Last edited:

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011

Yeah, and several of us highlighted how inept our hitting was. Any pretence that Lackey has been in the same League as Wacha recently is completely misplaced. We let Lackey off in the second and third and our guys punished Wacha in the third and fourth. That's the way it goes sometimes, and all baseball fans knows that even the best pitcher in the League doesn't win every start.

The better team won this series, and congrats to Boston. Appreciate who your audience is in this thread though, some things not meant as inflammatory might be taken that way with how this game has went.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
That was exactly how I didn't want to lose. I can take losing if we play well. Getting laughed off the field like that is utterly embarrassing. Could our offense have showed up for one game? Was that too much to ask?

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
No offense intended, poor choice of word used on my part I apologize. It was a good series, and your boys put up a hell of a fight. I picked a 4-1 Sox series win, so to get to a game 6 is a hell of a accomplishment. The cards are a hell of a tough team, with a ton of good young talent, they keep plugin' away and they'll be back again soon.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
No offense intended, poor choice of word used on my part I apologize. It was a good series, and your boys put up a hell of a fight. I picked a 4-1 Sox series win, so to get to a game 6 is a hell of a accomplishment. The cards are a hell of a tough team, with a ton of good young talent, they keep plugin' away and they'll be back again soon.

We usually are.

I have no worries about the Cards being back.

Last edited:

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA

hahaha getting to game 6 is a 'hell of an accomplishment' because you picked sox in 5?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Lol the Cards were by no means an "inferior" team. If they played 100 times, I'd imagine it would be close to 50/50. Wainwright didn't have his best stuff, and Lester did. That's the turning point of the series. The Cards will be back soon, maybe as early as next season. The team is unbelievably deep, and we have prospects coming up that will make us even better. It sucks to lose, but it was still a great season. Tied for the best record in baseball after losing our closer, replacing him with a guy that completely **** the bed, replacing him with a guy that was dominant for 4/5 of the season and lost it right before the playoffs, and replacing him with a guy that just started pitching in 2008. That's the depth we had at the closer position alone. Then you throw in the fact that we lost our starting shortstop, our number 2 and 3 starters and it just shows how deep the team is. You can't win the World Series every year. 4 NL championships, 2 World Series in the last decade and the top rated farm system in baseball. I would be shocked if we don't win one in the next 3 years.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
You guys have some of the best young pitchers I think I have ever seen. Rosenthal is straight money.

Go Rams.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Now the question becomes: which team will be the next to win a game, the Rams or the Cards?

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri
Have to re-sign carlos.

I would love to see Carlos back but doubtful. I'm thinking a AL team. Beltran has bad knees & Cardinals got very lucky this past season that he didn't get injured this past season. I'm thinking the Yankees sign Beltran to be their DH, just a feeling...

And The Cardinals top priority should be is to go out to find a SS, please and thank you.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Short stop is the most pressing need. But I have a sinking feeling Freese will be back. Let's hope Wong spends the off season working his ass off so he can come in and out play Freese. If he does that, I think we could see them move Carpenter to third and play Wong everyday at second.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad