Pre-Game Talk: Blues Ducks: Quack Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Remember when everyone told me Bolduc wasn't anything special and I was positive I wanted to just see what he can do before trading him? I think I was right. I like him A LOT.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
One thing I really appreciate about the young guys coming up (specifically Bolduc), is not being scared to just dump the puck in or throw it behind the net. I see it often with Kyrou when he's on the blue line, he will try to make a play to get up to the slot, but the right play is probably to throw it around to the other side or dump it deep. Neighbours and Bolduc have not been shy in just getting it deep for another player while they go for a change. It's really nice to see

Reactions: LGB and Blueston

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
They were never gonna be bad enough to tank anyway w how good Hofer/Binner have been this yr…but it’s quite the around after the Rangers manhandling 8 days ago. They even almost outshot an opponent in successive games. Plan the parade.

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
We'd need 18 points in our next 14 games to beat Vegas going .500 so probably not.

That 1 game left with Vegas could turn into make or break game for the season. In reality this Saturday against Wild & Monday against Golden Knights are what we decide on season.

Sad thing is if we play like these last 2 games for that terrible stretch, we would be in much better position.

I wish I could believe in taking that second WC spot. Faraway, so close!

Saturday & next Monday will decide our season's fate. Wild Saturday & Monday Golden Knights

Reactions: Hrkac Circus

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Bolduc continues to impress. He wins most board battles. He anticipates a lot of plays on both sides of the puck. He comes back on D. He sees the ice well. His skating is good enough but nothing special.

It’s still really early but he looks good.
He's been looking much more confident out there over the past few games from what I've seen. Looks like he's gone from being passive to playing a far more active role out there. I loved seeing him find a gap in the high slot in the 3rd and banging his stick because he wanted the puck when the game was still tight.

I still don't know what to expect from him long-term, but I've gone from wondering if he'll be able to cut it at the NHL level to fully expecting him to be a solid middle-6 contributor for us. Really pleased with what he's shown since camp started until now, aside from his slow start in the A. He's shown a level of compete that I wasn't sure he had in him.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
He's been looking much more confident out there over the past few games from what I've seen. Looks like he's gone from being passive to playing a far more active role out there. I loved seeing him find a gap in the high slot in the 3rd and banging his stick because he wanted the puck when the game was still tight.

I still don't know what to expect from him long-term, but I've gone from wondering if he'll be able to cut it at the NHL level to fully expecting him to be a solid middle-6 contributor for us. Really pleased with what he's shown since camp started until now, aside from his slow start in the A. He's shown a level of compete that I wasn't sure he had in him.

I've always been confused about the "boom or bust" label and the idea that he lacks compete. When he was drafted, one of the primary scouting reports was that he was tenacious on pucks. You could see it in video, too. But then people who haven't seen a QMJHL game for over a decade say it's a no-defense league for floaters and suddenly that seed is planted. The French Canadian prima dona stereotype doesn't need much fuel, apparently, so he doesn't get leeway for not making the WJC team. I hope all of that put a real chip on his shoulder and he keeps getting better, because I've never seen a low motivation or low compete or soft player in Bolduc. Just like I've never seen a low skill player in Neighbors or an AHL-only player in Kessel.

Remparts666

Feb 11, 2021
I’m happy for Bolduc and I hope he keeps improving his overall game . Watching him in the Q, his shot has always been his best asset . Makes me think about Hoffman shot on the pp a few years ago. I’ve had doubts about his compete level for the nhl but he really seems on the right track .

Reactions: Blueston
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad