Blues Discussion Thread 2018-2019 - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZigZagBluesFan

Sep 30, 2010
That's the downside of having the season we did. When you have to dig yourself out of a hole you pretty much have to go balls to the wall to climb the standings. Hopefully they're not too gassed next week.

I'm actually all for resting guys against the Canucks and hoping for a win anyway. Being healthy and rested is going to mean a lot more for this team than an extra home game.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Presuming he faces 27 shots per game and plays both remaining games, and presuming Bishop doesn't play again, Binnington needs to stop 54-of-54 to pull ahead of Bishop for the league lead in SV%. For every goal he gives up, he needs to stop an additional 14 shots. Or, Bishop could make another appearance and just shit the bed and that would help, too.

Same scenario, if Binnington allows 6 or fewer goals in the final 2 games, he'll end the season as the league leader in GAA.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Presuming he faces 27 shots per game and plays both remaining games, and presuming Bishop doesn't play again, Binnington needs to stop 54-of-54 to pull ahead of Bishop for the league lead in SV%. For every goal he gives up, he needs to stop an additional 14 shots. Or, Bishop could make another appearance and just **** the bed and that would help, too.

Same scenario, if Binnington allows 6 or fewer goals in the final 2 games, he'll end the season as the league leader in GAA.

Worth noting that even if Bishop botches it, Binny has to climb over Campbell's .930 and hold off Lehner's .928 (currently tied with Binny's .928, although the NHL puts Binny ahead on the standings so I'm guessing Binny has him on that 4th decimal point).

Hopefully he can accomplish all of that with a great game tonight.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
I think of it more like the Blues are letting their foot off the gas because they clenched a playoff spot. Fighting for 1st and 2nd if the final couple days of the season? Maybe it's not as important to the players as it is to the fans. All I want if for us to make it to the playoffs healthy.

Klank Loves You

Feb 21, 2015
I think of it more like the Blues are letting their foot off the gas because they clenched a playoff spot. Fighting for 1st and 2nd if the final couple days of the season? Maybe it's not as important to the players as it is to the fans. All I want if for us to make it to the playoffs healthy.
Agreed. The boys have shown they can play any style game. Fast vs Tampa, defensive vs Vegas, and physical vs Trashville. The intensity will be there next week. The worst thing that could happen is an injury. I'm pumped for the playoffs.

But high expectations lead to emotionally scarring disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad