Blues Discussion Thread 2018-2019 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yeah DA is doing fine. And the most valuable member of our front office that we need to keep is Bill Armstrong. So, I don’t care that much about Brodeur.

In other news, the Winter Classic Jersey is the 3rd. No surprise there. No complaints either.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I’d be cool with them going to the Winter Classic kit being the home and a white version being the roads. I think they’re great.

Reactions: CaliBlues710

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I’m not sure what all Brodeur did so I’m not sure what they’ll be losing.

But my guess is he was a good option to bounce certain ideas off of but I didn’t see him as remotely irreplaceable.

And sounds like he actually wants less responsibility and less travel so he can spend more time with his family. As others have said, I’d guess the Devils or Islanders as well.

amosmoses

Aug 26, 2018
Just getting the first post out of the way...not sure this is the proper avenue, but I’m going for it.
Hey guys, I’ve been a lurker for about ten years now.
Hate that Brodeur might be leaving.
DA hit a homerun with the ROR trade.
Colt55 has spawned a new account (Nublues).
Very much enjoy Ranksu’s gifs.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
yeah didn't seem like Brodeur did that much. Wish him good luck though.

We need to find us a true Allen-whisperer

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Just getting the first post out of the way...not sure this is the proper avenue, but I’m going for it.
Hey guys, I’ve been a lurker for about ten years now.
Hate that Brodeur might be leaving.
DA hit a homerun with the ROR trade.
Colt55 has spawned a new account (Nublues).
Very much enjoy Ranksu’s gifs.
Welcome!

Reactions: amosmoses

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
yeah didn't seem like Brodeur did that much. Wish him good luck though.

We need to find us a true Allen-whisperer
Where it it has been info that Brodeur leaves? If that it case its really shame. I was hoping that secred thing what Allen told he did this summer would have been discussed with Brodeur and helped him like he did earlier. We knew Brodeur help him get his head/mind straight.

Hope that other thing sport therapy has worked well.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
Where it it has been info that Brodeur leaves? If that it case its really shame. I was hoping that secred thing what Allen told he did this summer would have been discussed with Brodeur and helped him like he did earlier. We knew Brodeur help him get his head/mind straight.

Martin is a bad person IMHO. He had woopie with his wife's brother's wife. Then they all got divorced and he married his ex-wife's brother's ex-wife.

Last edited by a moderator:

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Martin is a bad person IMHO. He had woopie with his wife's brother's wife. Then they all got divorced and he married his ex-wife's brother's ex-wife.

As for the second sentence, I am glad we have such a close personal friend of the people involved with intimate knowledge of the details to pass judgement on him. You do know all the facts about his personal life? Or like with Ranksu, do you pass judgement only knowing part of the story?

Last edited by a moderator:

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
I'm not sure if or when this was discussed, but Bill Armstrong's contract expired in June. The Blues absolutely need to keep him in the organization, and to do so, that may require a promotion. With Brodeur leaving, that opens up a spot for assistant GM...is BA holding out for that position? Is MacInnis aiming for that position as well?

I can absolutely see BA being a GM in this league someday (I'm not sure if that's what he's aiming for, however). For all the talk about the Blues' off-season acquisitions, keeping BA in the organization could rank up there with O'Reilly in terms of impact on the Blues long-term. It's surprising that it hasn't been talked about in the Blues' media.

Reactions: stl76

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
With Kevin McDonald handling San Antonio Rampage, promoting Bill Armstrong to Assistant GM would make sense. With Keith Tkachuk's increase in scouting responsibilities over the past year, I would not be surprised to see him become the Director of Amateur Scouting.

Mar 6, 2012
Well, Brodeur's son is still participating in hockey tryouts for the upcoming season. Not sure that means a whole hell of a lot, but if this was a 100% done deal and he was moving, he probably wouldn't be bothering.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Well, Brodeur's son is still participating in hockey tryouts for the upcoming season. Not sure that means a whole hell of a lot, but if this was a 100% done deal and he was moving, he probably wouldn't be bothering.

I don't really see the connection between Brodeur moving on and his son attending tryouts. It's his son's decision, and if Brodeur doesn't have a new employer yet (as speculated, he might just take some time off), it may be unlikely that Brodeur's son even got invited to any other team's tryouts.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I'd be cool with a promotion for BA. He's a vital member of this organization. Maybe the #1 asset not including players and Tom Stillman actually.

I do agree it's very strange that we haven't heard anything regarding this but I wouldn't be surprised if JR and Korac had no clue that his contract expired. I'm sure Doug and the ownership group know how important he is so I'd expect they'd be working on something...

Mar 6, 2012
Again, it probably means nothing. His son is only 9, so I doubt he's making many of these decisions.

I saw them both yesterday. Our kids play hockey together.

All I'm saying is that as of right now, his son is signed up for the upcoming hockey season in St. Louis and seems to be moving forward with it. What does that mean? Probably nothing, but it's the closest thing I have to any insider info so its fun to share.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
I'd be cool with a promotion for BA. He's a vital member of this organization. Maybe the #1 asset not including players and Tom Stillman actually.

I do agree it's very strange that we haven't heard anything regarding this but I wouldn't be surprised if JR and Korac had no clue that his contract expired. I'm sure Doug and the ownership group know how important he is so I'd expect they'd be working on something...

JR speculated in his most recent Athletic article that BA might be a candidate to fill Brodeur’s spot, which may be why the Blues and BA haven’t agreed on a new contract yet.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Again, it probably means nothing. His son is only 9, so I doubt he's making many of these decisions.

I saw them both yesterday. Our kids play hockey together.

All I'm saying is that as of right now, his son is signed up for the upcoming hockey season in St. Louis and seems to be moving forward with it. What does that mean? Probably nothing, but it's the closest thing I have to any insider info so its fun to share.

I totally thought you were referring to his other son who was drafted (Anthony Brodeur), who is unsigned. IIRC, he has tried out with the Blues in the past? Maybe not though - I know there was a d-man with last name Brodeur (but no connection to MB) who has tried out a couple of times at our prospect camp).

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007

JR Athletic article from yesterday. Are you familiar with the Athletic? You should totally check it out!

:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad