Proposal: Blues Devils

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I wouldn't say "deep" at LW. Yes we have a lot of prospects and players that play LW but no real top 6 LW (maybe Gusev). At C , we have two studs with Nico and Hughes . If we trade Zacha then we have Zajac and a handful of unproven guys for 3/4 C duties.
Id love to get Dunn somehow but not sure what to give up . I would not want to trade Zacha. I am more comfortable trading Mcleod Bastian Boqvist etc
Dun will require a 1st.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
...and Devils are said to be interested in Dunn
Do you have a source for that? Just wondering. :)

Blues have 1.1m in Cap, that's not enough to sign Dunn and with Blues signing Krug to me the Blues will trade Dunn

Steen and Tarasenko will probably be on LTIR.

Agreed that Dunn could be traded, although it's not because he doesn't fit under the cap. More to make room for Mikkola who's on a 1-way contract.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
I don't think either team does it.....NJ would not trade Boqvist and why would St. Louis trade Sanford...those are two pieces I don't think either wants to move.....

Reactions: stl76

Whitsmith803

Jul 11, 2016
St. Louis, MO
I wouldn't say "deep" at LW. Yes we have a lot of prospects and players that play LW but no real top 6 LW (maybe Gusev). At C , we have two studs with Nico and Hughes . If we trade Zacha then we have Zajac and a handful of unproven guys for 3/4 C duties.
Id love to get Dunn somehow but not sure what to give up . I would not want to trade Zacha. I am more comfortable trading Mcleod Bastian Boqvist etc

I'd say they're pretty deep at LW and Center
Johnsson, Andreas
Wood, Miles
Gusev, Nikita
Bratt, Jesper
Kuokkanen, Janne
Foote, Nolan
Jesper Boqvist

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
A lot of pieces on both sides don't really seem to be necessary for this trade. I'd be fine taking on Bozak or Steen if it lowers the asking price for Dunn though.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I don't want to move both Kuokkanan and Boqvist. Would definitely offer one though

I also am not sure how much STL needs to clear Bozak anymore

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
A lot of pieces on both sides don't really seem to be necessary for this trade. I'd be fine taking on Bozak or Steen if it lowers the asking price for Dunn though.
Yeah, either Dunn is package with a cap dump, and in this market Bozak at 5m is dump, and you get not much or trade Dunn alone for better stuff. Or keep Dunn. Here the Devils take on a ton of salary and lose three prospects to get Dunn.

Sanford makes 1.5m for a year and then is eligible for arbitration so he’s not cheap either compared to guys on ELCs. Just because the Devils don’t have cap issues doesn’t mean they don’t want forwards on ELCs too.

Whitsmith803

Jul 11, 2016
St. Louis, MO
I don't want to move both Kuokkanan and Boqvist. Would definitely offer one though

Bozak needs to move so the Blues can add a scoring winger like Hoffman, Blues have Barbie Sunny De la Rose for the 3rd and 4th line Center
Blues need to cover themselves for expansion draft and with Schwartz UFA next year, hence getting 3 forwards that don't have to be protected and cost controlled
I think there is fair value with Bozak Stanford Dunn for the three players I listed

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011

With it looking like Steen might have played his last game, we don't need to move Bozak and I doubt that Armstrong would want to.

If/when Dunn is moved, I doubt that salary will be attached.

Whitsmith803

Jul 11, 2016
St. Louis, MO
Yeah, either Dunn is package with a cap dump, and in this market Bozak at 5m is dump, and you get not much or trade Dunn alone for better stuff. Or keep Dunn. Here the Devils take on a ton of salary and lose three prospects to get Dunn.

Sanford makes 1.5m for a year and then is eligible for arbitration so he’s not cheap either compared to guys on ELCs. Just because the Devils don’t have cap issues doesn’t mean they don’t want forwards on ELCs too.
Devils get the proven players, Bozak Sanford(25) Dunn (23) all have won a cup, Bozak's contract is only 1 year which has value and gives Devils a Stanley Cup winning reliable 3rd 4th Center

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Devils get the proven players, Bozak Sanford(25) Dunn (23) all have won a cup, Bozak's contract is only 1 year which has value and gives Devils a Stanley Cup winning reliable 3rd 4th Center
NJ don’t need to sacrifice prospects to have him for one shortened season which is really a reset for the team with a new staff. If Bozak was on a new team it would be a contender.

I’m not against getting Dunn, just agreeing with the other poster that I’m not sure why six players are in this trade. Also why wouldn’t St Louis trade Dunn separately and get a better return if they wanted to move him?

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
McLeod has what a lot of Blues don't have which is Elite speed, he can play right side of Thomas ROR or Sunny
But him alone doesn't equal the value of Dunn and Bozak

Kyrou is faster, younger in my opinion more skilled. We have kostin just about ready as well.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
How are you going to keep Dunn with Krug, Scandella, Gunner, Mikkola, Perunovich, Walman? Blues need Goals up top and Devils are said to be interested in Dunn

Well that's 7 guys. 3 of which almost certainly play in the AHL at least to start. And Gunnarsson is a 7th D at this point.

You could get rid of Dunn for a forward and one of those guys can step in. But it's not like they have to do it.

Reactions: sfvega and 67Blues

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
To me I wouldn't do it most of the devils young prospects are LHD and I would rather take a cap dump from Tampa Bay and deal an elc for someone like Cernak who is a young RHD with size and adds something our prospects might not add to our team......Not saying Tampa would do it but I'd be looking more for that kind of trade....No insult to the Blues players I just don't think the trade fits for either team......IMO trading Sanford Thomas or Kyrou is just stupid even Dunn who is young too.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
this trade opens up Army being able to sign Hoffman to 1yr 5m
The Blues already have room for a contract like that without moving any salary, including re-signing Dunn. You are not taking into account Steen LTIR-retiring and Tarasenko’s cap hit on LTIR for a few months. They don’t need to move any salary out unless it is part of a move to improve the team.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN

In Armstrong’s most recent interviews, he’s talking as though he projects Dunn on the 3rd pairing. This surprised many of us who though Mikkola was ready to crack the roster, or that Perunovich has an outside chance.

He’s not distressed goods. He holds good value for his RFA status and controlled salary. Some models love Dunn, probably more than the Blues’ front office. I don’t think it would be hard to trade him for a 1st if the desire was there. But I bet he starts training camp in St Louis at this rate.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
While NJ could use an intermediate answer on LD which Dunn would fit, as others have noticed, long term the team has a number of prospects percolating their way up the ranks. Also, the new Devils' GM has said he wants to be tougher to play against defensively. When I've watched the Blues play I haven't focused on Dunn. Does he fit that mold or is he more the smooth skating finesse rearguard who is best paired with a physical partner? The bit I've read suggests he is a third pair PP guy which NJ has in Butcher, but that's just an impression I've gotten.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
While NJ could use an intermediate answer on LD which Dunn would fit, as others have noticed, long term the team has a number of prospects percolating their way up the ranks. Also, the new Devils' GM has said he wants to be tougher to play against defensively. When I've watched the Blues play I haven't focused on Dunn. Does he fit that mold or is he more the smooth skating finesse rearguard who is best paired with a physical partner? The bit I've read suggests he is a third pair PP guy which NJ has in Butcher, but that's just an impression I've gotten.
We have Butcher. I’d rather go after a more defensive minded d as that is more needed. Dunn has looked okay defensively from what I saw of the maybe 7-8 games I watched of him as a pro. Until the playoffs this year and after what I saw I would like to stay clear away from him.
Prior to being a pro I didn’t think he was anything special defensively. He arguably wasn’t even the best defenseman on his minor hockey team.
If we needed an offensive guy, by all means let’s get him. But I don’t want to waste an asset. Do we need defensemen? Yes. Not necessarily this style though.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00