Proposal: Blues Blow up it Up

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Nylander is not even worthy as s starting point for Pietro

And why would Gardiner take a shitty contract like that, he wants max payment, he wants his retierment contract now (he will get it from Chia)

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
if nylander would take 6.5 x 6 year contract he would be playing tonight.

same with gardiner, if they could get him locked up for a number that starts with a 5 that would also be a done deal.

i didnt see the post when matthews was there but obviously that is going to be a short phone call

AmadiosAmigos

Oct 27, 2010
The first trade went from terrible for the Leafs to terrible for the Blues. Yikes.

Gardiner is going to be overpaid in Free Agency and he is going to be a white elephant of a contract. He should thank Babcock and the Leafs management for putting a team around him to hide how exposed he was before they got all this talent. He by no means is worthless but the trade essentially equates to Pietro and Schwartz for Nylander and a 1st and the value is lopsided

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
giphy.gif

Reactions: JFH and TK 421

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Damien Cox

Damien Cox‏Verified account @DamoSpin
FollowFollow @DamoSpin
More
John Tavares is playing so well it does make you think; why not sign Marner and Nylander, and trade Matthews for a whole pile of goodies? Not saying they would, but it’s not such a crazy idea any more. And that’s because of JT.

Using Cox to prove a point isn't the best notion. The only way they move Matthews is if he tells them he's not signing.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
That's overpayment from STL, but NJ just simply cannot trade Damon Severson, period, even for this package. Our defense sucks to begin with and he's far and away our best defenseman this season.

Trading Severson means BEN LOVEJOY IS IN THE TOP 4 and either Santini or Gryba gets called up full time. Switch Severson to a forward prospect, or send us a defenseman back and we can work around it.

Reactions: AlexTheDevilsFan

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
That's overpayment from STL, but NJ just simply cannot trade Damon Severson, period, even for this package. Our defense sucks to begin with and he's far and away our best defenseman this season.

Trading Severson means BEN LOVEJOY IS IN THE TOP 4 and either Santini or Gryba gets called up full time. Switch Severson to a forward prospect, or send us a defenseman back and we can work around it.

You must have missed what he wants us to give up. The next 2 firsts, Zacha, and Severson. I didn’t see Tarasenko’s name on the blues side.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
When’s his ETA to be back? Man I hope he stays healthy.
he should be back in the next 10 days, he participated in his first full team practice since the injury at Thursdays morning skate, and was NOT wearing a non-contact jersey which is great to see

Reactions: Taluss

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
If the Blues do intend to blow it up, there's 2 players that I would love to get: Jaden Schwartz & Alex Pietrangelo.

The reason that I include Pietrangelo in the "blow it up" context is, if they were to tank and get the draft picks, he's going to be in his walk year by the time they even start to turn the corner.

Jaden Schwartz because he's probably in the top 5 of underrated players in the game. I love the way he plays and think he's a really solid support player in the top 6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad