2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
For Friday:

Schenn-O'Reilly-Perron
Schwartz-Thomas-Hoffman
Sanford-Bozak-Kyrou
Clifford/Blais-Sundqvist-Barbashev

Blais might be out, but if he doesn't get suspended, he should be in and Clifford out for Hoffman. I mean...wow. What can you say?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bendak

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
For Friday:

Schenn-O'Reilly-Perron
Schwartz-Thomas-Hoffman
Sanford-Bozak-Kyrou

Blais might be out, but if he doesn't get suspended, he should be in and Clifford out for Hoffman. I mean...wow. What can you say?

I don’t think Chief will ever sit Clifford. That’s his type of player

Reactions: Bendak and Blueston

parliamentlite

Feb 26, 2019
If I am reading the map right, most of the chances by Colorado that are related to our defense (and even our forwards) largely occurred on the right side. Now, that also is impacted by how Colorado plays and the players on that side of the ice, but it says to me that if anyone had any struggles, the right side was it. That sort of flies in the face of the majority concerns defensively with our left side. Given Parayko and Faulk had the most minutes, I would assume the high danger chances most likely came against one or both of them. Granted, as you noted, all of this is low relatively speaking, which means they still played well.

This is an interesting trend to see. I will have to look at the COL roster to see how much of it was influenced by their personnel.

Good post. If I might add one thing for consideration, remember what happened with the Canucks going blocker side over and over on Binnington. On scoring chances, the Avs didn't automatically default to blocker like the Nucks did. But I'd imagine they took a when in doubt, shoot towards his right side approach. That in turn leads to more shots from the right side of the ice.

I'd imagine there's more to it than just who was out there skating with regards to where shots were coming from.

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO
Several people have commented on the improvement in Kyrou's defensive game, and I agree. It is a huge step forward for him. Here is a question though; is Hoffman going to be asked to do something similar to better fit into Berube's system? More importantly, is he capable of doing so? I am wondering if there are going to be issues between Berube and Hoffman.

Why would there be issues between Berube and Hoffman? Has Hoffman ever had any issues with previous coaches or come off as uncoachable?

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
For Friday:

Schenn-O'Reilly-Perron
Schwartz-Thomas-Hoffman
Sanford-Bozak-Kyrou

Even if he hadn't got suspended, I still wouldn't play him instead of Clifford. Guy gets a goal in his first game and you wanna sit him?

Just looking at the box score from the other day, I notice Faulk was +3 and led the team in SHTOI. Great game for him. I look forward to him silencing his critics this year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad