Toews - Makar
Girard - Timmins
Graves - Cole

Grubauer
Francouz

giphy.gif

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
So ready to watch hockey again and feeling good about our team. Let’s kill the Avs.

Also try to keep the hot takes to a minimum tonight, folks.

Reactions: Bendak and Zamadoo

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I have to think the players take it personally that Colorado is being hailed as the Cup favorite, when they won the conference last season (at worst they tied each other). Playing at Colorado is a challenge. Stay out of the seizure box! These games should have intensity and chippiness immediately. 4 point swing possibility is pretty intense.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
The regular season race should be:
1 - make the playoffs
2 - finish 1st or 2nd if one of Colorado/Vegas slips out of the playoffs. The point being to only have to beat one of them in the postseason. But as of today, winning the division should be a much more favorable draw.

Tvillewr419

May 17, 2019
Letsss go boys!! I hadn’t been too excited leading up to this but now that it’s here, I can’t freaking wait!!! This year will be the first opener I have missed since the lockout/short season of 8/7 years ago, so that kind of sucks, but we got our Blues back!!

excited to see the forward group, rooting hard for Faulk to rebound, love ROR as captain (miss Petro but it’s a business and he got us the Cup) and really want to see these Covid boys that didn’t show up in Edmonton silence some haters

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Tonight would be a good opportunity to come out and punch the Avs in the mouth and let them know that, even though just about every talking head out there is ready to hand them the Cup before the season starts, we're going to have something to say about that. After all, you can't start the season 2-0 without winning the first game. LFG! LGB!

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I'm so damn excited for this game. Despite this being a game against our biggest competition in the division, I honestly don't care what the outcome is. I just want to watch Krug-Parayko begin building their chemistry, how the PPs look, how Thomas and Hoffman look on a line together and how Binner looks wearing his new pads.* The Avs might be the fastest team in hockey, so we should get a good preliminary look at how Kyrou can handle a 3rd line role and how mobile our D can look. Obviously I'm cheering for a win, but I'm not going to get too high or too low regardless of what happens tonight.

Hockey is back!!!

*For any goalie gear nerds, Binner is one of the many goalies switching from CCM to Lefevre this year. For you non-gear nerds, Lefevre was the designer of CCM pads for a number of years before leaving to start his own company a number of years ago. This is the first year since that he has partnered with a brand (TRUE) who was able to pay the NHL's licensing fees. There are rumors that some goalies wearing CCM pads were actually just putting CCM skins over Lefevre-build pads, but obviously that was not ever confirmed. Other goalies wearing CCM stopped getting new-model CCMs when Lefevre left so that they were still wearing the model/specs he designed. At least 8 goalies have switched from CCM to Lefevre this year.

Got One Cup

Jun 3, 2008
Couldn’t find the place, why the hell are we in the West? 9:30 start? Great. My boss will looking at me like this.
35A5C675-FC10-4A04-9A16-0A93D042C5B6.jpeg

Have to stay up though, one of the few games I won’t have to stream. Thanks a lot FoxSports. Ohh well hope all this is worth it, will be interesting to see all the new faces on the team and an actual live game.LGB!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad