Half-Assed GDT: Blues at Avs :: Just another game, folks

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Looked like shoulder. He would not move his neck/head on the bench after, had it hanging. No big hit, just kind of a nothing play. It was 2 minutes in and that was the end for St.Louis.

Thank you. He may not be able to golf for a bit, bummer.

Reactions: Bendak

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Looked like shoulder. He would not move his neck/head on the bench after, had it hanging. No big hit, just kind of a nothing play. It was 2 minutes in and that was the end for St.Louis.
It looked like a dislocated or separated shoulder from the way he was holding it. I've had 4 dislocations on both sides. And, no, I'm not an Indian Deity. :naughty:

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Oh for god’s sake. Give it a rest with the lack of effort crap. It’s stupid and it’s wrong. This team didn’t miss the playoffs because they were lazy or had no heart. I’d they had no heart they wouldn’t have ripped off a stretch of 9 wins in 10 games in March when the season was on the line.

This team just isn’t good enough. Bad goaltending and zero secondary scoring were what did us in.

First step should be shipping Allen and Yeo off to Siberia. Second should be to fire whoever runs the power play and bring in Adam Oates as an assistant. Lastly, and most importantly, bring in some damn scoring.

Don't get so bent. It's just an opinion.

Where did I say they lack effort? I said FAILED starts and finishes this season. Many at home. All a matter of mental preparation, not effort. Effective effort comes from mental focus and toughness.

Turning around any one of these games where we imploded mentally would have made tonight a moot point.

Remember these....

Nov 11: Against Islanders at home...3 goals by the Islanders in the 1st period...final score 5-2 Islanders
Nov 13: At the Flames...tied 2-2 going into the 3rd....Blues score 2, Flames score 5...final score 7-4 Flames
Jan 9: Against the Panthers at home....tied 2-2 going into the 2nd...Panthers score 3 in the 2nd...final score 7-4 Panthers
Jan 20: Against Yotes at home....4 goals by the Yotes in the 1st period...final score 5-2 Yotes
Feb 13: Against the Preds at home...Blues up 3-0 going into the 3rd period....lose in OT 4-3

I could go on with more examples

Bendak

Jedi Use Hacks
Apr 5, 2013
St. Louis

m87XFhR.png

He hasn't liked anything in over 10 minutes, I'm worried about him.

Bendak likes are the only thing that are going to get us through the off season.

I-MUST-GO-pqi40l.jpg

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
Hey i am still in Army's corner. He screwed Philly out of Schenn, Pittsburgh out of Kostin and Losapeg out of Erik Foley and a First for 20 games of Staz in the last 9 months. I think were he has gotten into trouble is with the long term contracts for vets like Steen, Bergie and Sobotka. They all under performed this year even though Berglund was playing great hockey down the stretch. This has kept them from adding to a forward group that is mostly slow and unskilled. To me Armstrong's number one goal should be to dump those contracts plus Bowmeester's if he can with 2019/20 in mind when we have a wave of young speed coming. Thomas, kyrou, Foley, Kostin and Walman should all be here by then. Being from Providence i am especially following Foley and Walman. They are coming upon a watershed moment in that the rare #1 Center is up for auction in Taveras. He could really change their fortunes for the next half a dozen years. They still need to add some speed on Wing even if they get JT in my opinion. Chris Kreider would fit the role nicely. If not maybe a Tomas Vanek or another wing with scoring ability and weels. Scott Hartnell? Bring back Bort, bring back Brodziak. Sign Hutton.

Last edited:

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
Hey i am still in Army's corner. He screwed Philly out of Schenn, Pittsburgh out of Kostin and Losapeg out of Erik Foley and a First for 20 games of Staz in the last 9 months. I think were he has gotten into trouble is with the long term contracts for vets like Steen, Bergie and Sobotka. They all under performed this year even though Berglund was playing great hockey down the stretch. This has kept them from adding to a forward group that is mostly slow and unskilled. To me Armstrong's number one goal should be to dump those contracts plus Bowmeester's if he can with 2019/20 in mind when we have a wave of young speed coming. Thomas, kyrou, Foley, Kostin and Walman should all be here by then. Being from Providence i am especially following Foley and Walman. They are c

Doesn't philly get our first? I doubt Philly is crying they are in the playoffs without Schenn after missing the playoffs last year. We are out of the playoffs with Schenn after making the playoffs last year without him.

Army needs to be fired, but like someone else has said he just signed and extension so it's unlikely.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Bendak for MVP this season I guess.

I thought the postgame show on KMOX was really well done and they said a lot about our roster and what we need to do and had this year that I agree with. I don’t trust Armstrong to get it done but we’ll see.

And now the #TavaresWatch2018 is officially on

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Don't get so bent. It's just an opinion.

Where did I say they lack effort? I said FAILED starts and finishes this season. Many at home. All a matter of mental preparation, not effort. Effective effort comes from mental focus and toughness.

Turning around any one of these games where we imploded mentally would have made tonight a moot point.

Remember these....

Nov 11: Against Islanders at home...3 goals by the Islanders in the 1st period...final score 5-2 Islanders
Nov 13: At the Flames...tied 2-2 going into the 3rd....Blues score 2, Flames score 5...final score 7-4 Flames
Jan 9: Against the Panthers at home....tied 2-2 going into the 2nd...Panthers score 3 in the 2nd...final score 7-4 Panthers
Jan 20: Against Yotes at home....4 goals by the Yotes in the 1st period...final score 5-2 Yotes
Feb 13: Against the Preds at home...Blues up 3-0 going into the 3rd period....lose in OT 4-3

I could go on with more examples
Not to mention the recent game at home against the hapless, undermanned Hawks.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Bitter end to a season. We can only hope that this leads to a LOT of changes that help make The Blues a TRUE Stanley Cup contender for a good long run of years.
He'll do something stupid. We'll miss out on Tavares, sign local boy Maroon to 'appease the home crowd', sign Bozak to a 6 year $5.8M contract, keep the kids in San Antonio so they can get a full season under the Blues control of the team and trade Winny's 1st, Thompson and Kostin for Simmonds. Then we'll have to act shocked when we don't improve next season.

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
Doesn't philly get our first? I doubt Philly is crying they are in the playoffs without Schenn after missing the playoffs last year. We are out of the playoffs with Schenn after making the playoffs last year without him.

Army needs to be fired, but like someone else has said he just signed and extension so it's unlikely.

Irony.jpg

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Hey i am still in Army's corner. He screwed Philly out of Schenn, Pittsburgh out of Kostin and Losapeg out of Erik Foley and a First for 20 games of Staz in the last 9 months. I think were he has gotten into trouble is with the long term contracts for vets like Steen, Bergie and Sobotka. They all under performed this year even though Berglund was playing great hockey down the stretch. This has kept them from adding to a forward group that is mostly slow and unskilled. To me Armstrong's number one goal should be to dump those contracts plus Bowmeester's if he can with 2019/20 in mind when we have a wave of young speed coming. Thomas, kyrou, Foley, Kostin and Walman should all be here by then. Being from Providence i am especially following Foley and Walman. They are coming upon a watershed moment in that the rare #1 Center is up for auction in Taveras. He could really change their fortunes for the next half a dozen years. They still need to add some speed on Wing even if they get JT in my opinion. Chris Kreider would fit the role nicely. If not maybe a Tomas Vanek or another wing with scoring ability and weels. Scott Hartnell? Bring back Bort, bring back Brodziak. Sign Hutton.

If you were Tavares, would YOU now choose to sign with St. Louis, seeing that they failed to make the playoffs, and are saddled with several relatively ineffective players on poor to inconvenient contracts, and the few skilled replacements that WILL be playing a fair amount next season will make rookie mistakes, and likely take much of the season (or maybe 2) to adjust to The NHL? And the contract problems run across the board (Allen in goal, Bouwmeester and Gunnarsson on defence, and Sobotka and Berglund at forward). So, Tavares' own salary might, in combination with The Blues' inefficient contracts, might strap The Blues from getting the additional help they'll need to surround him with the help to make the team a true contender. The goaltending uncertainty/implosion is enough, on its own, to discourage a UFA who wants to win now.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Well shit, now I'm glad we lost. The current team minus Tarasenko now against Nashville? Honestly we were just saved from embarrassment. Not even worth it.

Get healthy, boys.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I guess I'm hopping on the Penguins bandwagon now. Vegas and Pens for the final please?
I have a problem, in that my 2nd favourite team (my home town team) The Winnipeg Jets, determine how high The Blues' draft choice obtained from them, will be. If they go far (which they should), The Blues get a lower choice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad