Prospect Info: Blues 2021-2022 Prospects Thread Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
At first glance, I thought we were trading him away. I'm excited to see if he's a diamond in the rough for us or just a quality college player that we got a little too excited about because of a weak prospect pool.

Last edited:
Reactions: stl76

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
I hope Leo Loof becomes an elite prospect.
I have high hopes for him and Tyson Galloway. Galloway might be more of a project but according to scouting reports he seems to have a similar tool box to Parayko with more of an edge to his game.
A buddy of mine who met his wife in Sweden and now currently lives there gets to watch a good bit of international hockey has seen Loof multiple times and describes him as a Niklas Hjalmarasson type mold.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
I have high hopes for him and Tyson Galloway. Galloway might be more of a project but according to scouting reports he seems to have a similar tool box to Parayko with more of an edge to his game.
A buddy of mine who met his wife in Sweden and now currently lives there gets to watch a good bit of international hockey has seen Loof multiple times and describes him as a Niklas Hjalmarasson type mold.
If we can get a 2nd/3rd pairing d-man with an edge who can block shots and kill penalties, I'm psyched.

Reactions: ScratchCatFever

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Now I have to look up Niklas Hjalmarasson. Thanks for your response tho.

Reactions: ScratchCatFever

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
If Loof can be anything close the Nick Hjalmarsson I remember with the Hawks, we've got a real find here.

Also, Loof is far easier to spell :laugh::propeller
Playing against him was a nightmare. Especially when we were never able to get shots through traffic to save our life during the Hitchcock days.
If salaries were based off grit and sandpaper he would've been one of the highest paid players in the league during his prime. Regardless how much a person knows about the game, it didn't take a savant to know that guy has a major set of stones dangling between his thighs.

Kylester

Feb 28, 2020
Southern California
Playing against him was a nightmare. Especially when we were never able to get shots through traffic to save our life during the Hitchcock days.
If salaries were based off grit and sandpaper he would've been one of the highest paid players in the league during his prime. Regardless how much a person knows about the game, it didn't take a savant to know that guy has a major set of stones dangling between his thighs.
While everyone legitimately brings up the loss of both Pietrangelo and Bouwmeester on our defense, I think it's important to note the loss of Carl Gunnarson has been a major loss as well. Yes, he was criticized for turnovers and other things, but looking back, he was just a steady, hard-working defenseman who did all the grunt work in the corners and in front of the net. We have been missing this element of our defense every since "Boom Boom" got hurt and then retired. Hopefully, some combination of Loof, Tyler Tucker, or some other prospects could fill that void.

Reactions: CoMoBlues

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
While everyone legitimately brings up the loss of both Pietrangelo and Bouwmeester on our defense, I think it's important to note the loss of Carl Gunnarson has been a major loss as well. Yes, he was criticized for turnovers and other things, but looking back, he was just a steady, hard-working defenseman who did all the grunt work in the corners and in front of the net. We have been missing this element of our defense every since "Boom Boom" got hurt and then retired. Hopefully, some combination of Loof, Tyler Tucker, or some other prospects could fill that void.
We won that trade, without question. One could argue he scored the biggest goal in franchise history. If we lose game 2 in Boston we probably don't win the cup.

Maroon
Boom Boom
Schwartz game 5 in Winni
And Schenn putting us up 3-0 in game 7 would be my ranking for clutch goals in Blues history.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
What is a "med" defenseman?
Sorry I should have put the Med before the Top 4.

If I remember correctly the EANHL potential ratings are close to this.
High-70-100% chance they hit their Potential
Med-30-69% chance they hit their Potential
Low-0-29% chance they hit their Potential

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Gunnerson was pretty consistent and reliable. He could up his gain when forced up the pairing ladder. Given his price, you couldn’t ask for too much more.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
too bad he got old and his body broke down..

He was hurt when we acquired him. He had hip surgery and missed training camp with it.

Boom Boom was a crafty player but I think his style of play cost him a bunch of injuries. He absorbed hits instead of meeting force with force.

Quaz

Mar 15, 2006
St Louis
Since UMASS lost yesterday is their season over? It would be nice if Kessel signs with the Blues and joins Springfield for the stretch run.

Quaz

Mar 15, 2006
St Louis
Since UMASS lost yesterday is their season over? It would be nice if Kessel signs with the Blues and joins Springfield for the stretch run.
Woops! I was looking at UMASS Lowell! UMASS plays MN today at 5pm. I guess if UMASS loses then Kessel could sign with the Blues and join Springfield.

Reactions: Blueston

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
UMass and Kessel are going into OT against Minnesota right now on ESPNU if you can tune in

EDIT: aaaaaaaand game over, Minnesota wins. UMass' bottom pairing got abused in OT leading to the goal against. Only saw a couple shifts of Kessel, but he and Ufko (perds draft pick) looked very solid. Curious to see if/when Kessel signs and joins the Thunderbirds.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad