Prospect Info: Blues 2021-2022 Prospects Thread Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Neighbors with a fight and and assist. Edmonton has not played in a while due to COVID. First game back was a blow out loss.

Glad his is willing to fight, but o wild prefer him not too.

The Q starts back next month. I really hope we stop drafting from there. Covid is here and we will continue to get variants. Prefer not to have prospects development sidelined.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Kessel with 1g 1a against U of Boston on the 24th.
Dickinson with 2g last night plus a was named 1st star.

If he can figure out how to overcome his size, he maybe one of our top 3 forward prospects.

Reactions: MortiestOfMortys

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Kessel with 1g 1a against U of Boston on the 24th.
Dickinson with 2g last night plus a was named 1st star.

If he can figure out how to overcome his size, he maybe one of our top 3 forward prospects.

Dickinson’s size doesn’t worry me at all. Kyrou was a string bean too. Becoming an actual pro athlete, what else do you have to do all day but hit the gym and practice? He’ll bulk up with time. He’s never going to be a thumper like Tyler Tucker or anything, but if his stick skills are good enough he shouldn’t have any problems continuing on his trajectory. I’d love to see a bit better production from him tho. Right now he’s in the Alexandrov bracket of good middle-six guys, but at least NA can PK and is excellent as a net front presence. It’ll be interesting to see where it all goes

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
He is top 15 in scoring in the OHL. 1.39 points per game is pretty solid and he has already topped his point goals his draft.

He is a top 6 or bust prospect, IMO.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Was a brutally dangerous hit. Hope that guy gets suspended.
looks like he has been suspended, length tbd. this is months long injury, though, so awful news. didn't fiala suffer similar against us in playoffs few years back? he made full recovery and hopefully dickinson will too.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
This might be the end of his season, however, he's shown enough potential to justify his ELC. I hope he uses some of the 'extra time' to bulk up his upper body a bit.

in other news: last draft I was really hoping the Blues would draft Ryan Winterton as he was heavily underscouted (no OHL-season) and I felt he had huge potential. Due to an injury he recently played his first few games: 6 games played, 13 points, +/- 11 for the Bulldogs. Yeah, Seattle got a good one there. First round quality pick in the third round.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Very good draft updates from P-D

Dickinson
Neighbors
Bolduc
Loof
I liked this quote on Dickinson: “We’ll let him get settled down for three weeks,” said Tim Taylor, the Blues’ director of player development. “And once he’s able to travel, we’ll bring him in to St. Louis and get him looked at by our doctors so they can get a better outline of what needs to be done for his rehab.”

I know some are nervous about our medical staff after the Tarasenko thing, but having him under an ELC and giving him NHL-level treatment/rehab is absolutely a good thing. This is a major injury and handling it with NHL resources gives him the best chance at a full recovery.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Neighbors with a fight and and assist. Edmonton has not played in a while due to COVID. First game back was a blow out loss.

Glad his is willing to fight, but o wild prefer him not too.

The Q starts back next month. I really hope we stop drafting from there. Covid is here and we will continue to get variants. Prefer not to have prospects development sidelined.

The Q started last week.

QMJHL actually did better in the last two years than the two other CHL leagues in terms of development. The OHL didn't play at all in 2020-21 and didn't even have training for its players. The WHL started a shortened season at the end of February and didn't have playoffs. The Q started in October and played between 30-43 games per team + playoffs.

This season, the QMJHL couldn't afford to play without attendance in January unlike the OHL because the Q already lost a lot of money last year to have a season while the OHL didn't. The Q will still play its 68 games season + playoffs even if they had no games in January. Teams were able to have training in January though.

In the last two regular seasons, the Q only stopped playing for 3 months out of 14. OHL stopped for 7 months out of 14 and the WHL 5 months out of 14.

Last edited:

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
The Q started last week.

QMJHL actually did better in the last two years than the two other CHL leagues in terms of development. The OHL didn't play at all in 2020-21 and didn't even have training for its players. The WHL started a shortened season at the end of February and didn't have playoffs. The Q started in October and played between 30-43 games per team + playoffs.

This season, the QMJHL couldn't afford to play without attendance in January unlike the OHL because the Q already lost a lot of money last year to have a season while the OHL didn't. The Q will still play its 68 games season + playoffs even if they had no games in January. Teams were able to have training in January though.

In the last two regular seasons, the Q only stopped playing for 3 months out of 14. OHL stopped for 7 months out of 14 and the WHL 5 months out of 14.

Good point. I didn’t take the previous season into account. However, many players in the OHl, went overseas to play.

I still feel that they should not have shut down at all.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Good point. I didn’t take the previous season into account. However, many players in the OHl, went overseas to play.

I still feel that they should not have shut down at all.

Some OHL stars went to Europe or in the AHL but most of the 400+ players didn’t play at all.

It wasn’t the QMJHL’s choice to shut down but when you consider what happened probably it was a good thing after all. January was our worst month in two years of pandemic.

They played their last games on December 18 and then had their 10 days off for Christmas. They didn’t go back to their teams at the end of December because of the shutdown. They were supposed to start training again on January 7th but the league postponed it to January 14th because of COVID. Between Christmas and January 14th more than 100 players/staff had COVID so games wouldn’t have happened anyway. They started training again on January 14th and played their first games on February 4th.

The season will end at the end of April instead of March to make up for January.

OHL also had a lot of games postponed in January because of COVID outbreaks. I think the WHL had some as well.

Last edited:

CoMoBlues

Aug 16, 2010
Columbus, OH
Dylan Peterson took home the MVP of the Beanpot tourney last night. He scored the GWG in a BU 1-0 win over Northeastern in the final. Pretty cool moment, fans were chanting his name as the Blues 3rd round draft pick in 2020 was all smiles. The BU coach in a postgame interview said of Peterson, that he’s a stud, and has been injured a lot of the year. Still the clinching goal was his 8th of the season.

Reactions: Blueston and LGB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad