Prospect Info: Blues 2021-2022 Prospects Thread Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I feel like prospect trades rarely work out like fans envision. For better or worse, we have half of our defensive core for this cap window locked up. Continue to draft best player available, and fill in the gaps with pros as we go.
Yeah drafting for need doesn't really make any sense in the NHL, unless you are in a rare desperate situation. For example, we have Neighbours and Bolduc now but what if one of them goes in a Chychrun trade? All the sudden our prospect needs just changed. All that really matters is you have good prospects, no matter the position, because filling needs is what trades are for.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Dominik Bokk moves from the AHL to Eisbaren in Germany, and it isn't exactly because he was lightning up the AHL... Glad Army realised in time that Bokk likely wouldn't reach his potential and used him to get Faulk.

Reactions: Blueston

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Dominik Bokk moves from the AHL to Eisbaren in Germany, and it isn't exactly because he was lightning up the AHL... Glad Army realised in time that Bokk likely wouldn't reach his potential and used him to get Faulk.
Yeah, that trade really worked out. Capitalizing on Rundblad and Bokk being highly rated prospects are definitely some of his better moves.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
As long as d can take to develop, any that we draft won’t arrive until after this core has largely aged out. We will fill in d holes with trades or fa.
Might be a good reason to draft now, so we can start the rebuild years with some slow growing D already in the pipeline.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Pederson had 2 goals last night. Has 1 more game today
Kessel had 2g, 1a in 2 games this weekend
Neighbors has not dressed in the past two games so I am guessing injury
Bolduc didn’t record any points this weekend, but he did play.

Andy Lehoux

Jan 2, 2018
Possible first round pick - could be on the board when Blues select

Maveric Lamoureaux 6'7" 195 RHD Drumondville QMJHL

“I like to play the physical part of the game, the nasty side is part of my game,” Lamoureux explained. “But I am also trying to work on the offensive side to become more of a two-way defenseman.”

Lamoureux is definitely one of the most intriguing options coming out of the Q. He quickly stands out through his thrilling physical attributes, gifted defensive expertise, and surprising mobility.

Reactions: execwrite1

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
He feels a bit like RT in his +1 season. When he was traded, it took him sometime to get his feet under him and then he took off. I hope that Bolduc continues on his trajectory. We really need a sniper as we don't have another one in the system.

At this point, I would like keep him over Neighbors. And I had them ranked the other way prior to the beginning of the season.

Reactions: Blueston

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
He feels a bit like RT in his +1 season. When he was traded, it took him sometime to get his feet under him and then he took off. I hope that Bolduc continues on his trajectory. We really need a sniper as we don't have another one in the system.

At this point, I would like keep him over Neighbors. And I had them ranked the other way prior to the beginning of the season.
Don't forget that Neighbours is 2nd in ppg in WHL as well. Earlier in the season I was of the opinion that we didn't have any untouchable prospects, but these 2 are quickly becoming that for me.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Anyone have any info on Simon Robertsson?

Not much more than everyone else knows, but he mostly plays on Skelleftea's 4th line or is an extra forward. Doesn't get a lot of icetime. Wonder what the Blues are planning with him as he needs more minutes, he either needs gets more icetime with Skelleftea or it might be a good idea to get him to Springfield next season so we're in control over icetime. Dunno if he's up for it though.

Reactions: Drubilly

Drubilly

Sep 23, 2018
Collinsville
Not much more than everyone else knows, but he mostly plays on Skelleftea's 4th line or is an extra forward. Doesn't get a lot of icetime. Wonder what the Blues are planning with him as he needs more minutes, he either needs gets more icetime with Skelleftea or it might be a good idea to get him to Springfield next season so we're in control over icetime. Dunno if he's up for it though.
Thanks!

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Anyone have any info on Simon Robertsson?

It does appear he’s played some games for their U20 team, with 21 points in 18 games, so that’s encouraging at least

Simon Robertsson at eliteprospects.com

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
According to CapFriendly.com we have signed Will Cranley to an ELC today. I say this having seen exactly zero OHL game play this season, but why did we waste a contract slot on him? His numbers are awful as a 20 year old, even relative to the guy on his team with the 2nd most starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad