Injury Report: Blues 2020-21 Injury Report

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Wonder if Parayko will be getting back surgery.
I think I read in latest JR article Army has said that is last option to go surgery.

In my eyes now it's the time. This team isnt real Stanley Cup Contender. We are playoff team, but at 1st round Avs and Vegas will crush us.

This would also play out well for Army pocket too if Parayko wants to resign, Parayko cant ask what he is worth it. So Army can hold tight Parayko's balls

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I think I read in latest JR article Army has said that is last option to go surgery.

In my eyes now it's the time. This team isnt real Stanley Cup Contender. We are playoff team, but at 1st round Avs and Vegas will crush us.

This would also play out well for Army pocket too if Parayko wants to resign, Parayko cant ask what he is worth it. So Army can hold tight Parayko's balls

tenor.gif

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008

A healthy Blues team would beat both of them.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Parayko will be UFA when this contract ends. If Army won't pay him, someone else will.

Until we have a healthy Blues team to find out for sure, this is speculation.

Reactions: Ranksu

BlueKnight

Apr 19, 2015
Alberta, Canada

I like your optimism but I look and face reality I don't see a healthy Blues team beating Colorado or Vegas.

Hopefully we'll get resing Parayko. What if Army won't give money what Parayko wants? Acquire another dmen?

I said it before and I'll say it again, Why sign Parayko when Army can't even give Pietrangelo what he wanted. Army will do what he's done before and go get a band-aid.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I like your optimism but I look and face reality I don't see a healthy Blues team beating Colorado or Vegas.

I said it before and I'll say it again, Why sign Parayko when Army can't even give Pietrangelo what he wanted. Army will do what he's done before and go get a band-aid.
Boo boo. Petro has been4th best D on Vegas this season. And he ain’t getting younger. So he is Vegas problem now. One day soon you will be glad we didn’t give him what he wanted.

parliamentlite

Feb 26, 2019
Hopefully we'll get resing Parayko. What if Army won't give money what Parayko wants? Acquire another dmen?
I mean, this site is called Hockey's Future, and the future is either a future healthy Paryako as a Blue with a potentially good contract or a boatload in return for sending him somewhere else where they are more willing to take that risk.

parliamentlite

Feb 26, 2019
Boo boo. Petro has been4th best D on Vegas this season. And he ain’t getting younger. So he is Vegas problem now. One day soon you will be glad we didn’t give him what he wanted.

"Every thread need not be a Petro thread, but it do"

His team is fine. He's struggling. Probably like Faulk last year adjusting to a new team, maybe a sign of some lasting issue. Time will tell.

Edit: This thread should be about Blues injuries. Nothing Ranksu said warranted Petro talk, including by me. Mods should probably delete my post here.

Last edited:

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Let's try and keep on track, okay people? I agree, this injury could seriously affect Parayko's future with the Blues. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Lots of steps before we get to that point. Right now, we need a healthy Parayko. If he's not healthy, we have a totally different set of conversations that need to take place.

I do think if he has to have surgery, it jams a wrench into this season and you can probably count him out for the rest of it. Whether '21-22 is impacted depends on the nature of the surgery and how recovery goes. Might be fine, might impact the early part of the season, might impact all of it. You start futzing with backs, you're into an area of unknowns. You start doing it with pro players, it's an added level of complexity. You do it with someone who's 6'6", ... well, you get the idea here.

Again, lots of steps before we start worrying about it in earnest but I think that thought at least has to be somewhere in mind, not totally dismissed as bah, it's nothing, he'll be totally fine. Could end up being a nothing, could end up being a major issue. I'd say on a 0-100 scale, 0 = no concern whatsoever, we should be at about 15. Let's see how the current situation plays out, then start drawing up contingency plans if needed.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I’m sorry, but I don’t see Vegas or Colorado easily getting by this lineup.

Schwartz-Schenn-Tarasenko
Perron-O’Reilly-Kyrou
Sanford-Thomas-Hoffman
Barbashev-Bozak-Sundqvist
Clifford, Blais

Krug-Faulk
Scandella-Parayko
Dunn-Bortuzzo
Mikkola

Binnington

Vegas doesn’t have center depth, and Colorado (while having a lot of firepower on the top line) doesn’t have the same deep lineup as this.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Well, yeah. If everything goes perfectly for us and everything goes like crap for them, then it's easy to say we "easily" get past them.

Reality is different, and occasionally she's a bitch with her sister Karma. It's quite possible they pick on that Krug-Faulk pairing no matter how well Faulk is playing to force Krug to play defense quite a bit, and we're on our heels in response. That entire 3rd line could be feast or utter famine and ripe for being picked on. I don't think it's nearly the foregone conclusion some want to believe.

Again, it doesn't matter what we might be when fully healthy. I'm going to bet we won't be fully healthy, so the question is how that roster stacks up.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
upload_2021-3-5_12-58-27.png

I understand it's his job to report on these types of things, but why even post something like this? He'll come back when he comes back.

Honeycutt

Jan 18, 2010
Well, yeah. If everything goes perfectly for us and everything goes like crap for them, then it's easy to say we "easily" get past them.

Reality is different, and occasionally she's a bitch with her sister Karma. It's quite possible they pick on that Krug-Faulk pairing no matter how well Faulk is playing to force Krug to play defense quite a bit, and we're on our heels in response. That entire 3rd line could be feast or utter famine and ripe for being picked on. I don't think it's nearly the foregone conclusion some want to believe.

Again, it doesn't matter what we might be when fully healthy. I'm going to bet we won't be fully healthy, so the question is how that roster stacks up.

This is all speculation.

Reactions: mike1320

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Because if he posted nothing, people would hound him all day asking for updates.
Instead of vague posting on twitter, just say there is no new update on Tarasenko and he is day to day. I used to like his content when I was growing up, but he just doesn't have inside knowledge of the team and when he does, he can't divulge it. Either be a journalist or don't

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Instead of vague posting on twitter, just say there is no new update on Tarasenko and he is day to day. I used to like his content when I was growing up, but he just doesn't have inside knowledge of the team and when he does, he can't divulge it. Either be a journalist or don't
He is directly quoting Berube's answer. That is almost by definition his job -- to ask players and coaches questions and report their answers to us. Now, if it were just JR saying "I know the date but won't tell any of you suckers", that's one thing. But he can't make Berube say anything else.

I say all of this as someone who also is not a huge fan of JR and thought his reporting of the Parayko injury was pretty clumsy. But I don't really know what else he's supposed to do in this instance.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis

Lol this shit again. We've already beat Colorado and Vegas without Tarasenko and with a Parayko that looked meh. Get real man.

I'm already glad, why the f*** would you want someone here just because of money instead of actually wanted to be here. I would rather have 100 Perrons that one Pietrangelo.

"Every thread need not be a Petro thread, but it do"

His team is fine. He's struggling. Probably like Faulk last year adjusting to a new team, maybe a sign of some lasting issue. Time will tell.

Edit: This thread should be about Blues injuries. Nothing Ranksu said warranted Petro talk, including by me. Mods should probably delete my post here.

I am still under the belief that Faulk had a shitty first year here because of Pietrangelo being a :eek::eek::eek::eek:. I just get the feeling that he made Faulks life here shit.

He quoted the dude that brought up Pietrangelo and it wasn't Ranksu.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Colorado’s lineup has Mackinnon and Makar, but their depth is nowhere near as good as the Blues’.

VGK is more well-rounded, but they have a clear weakness down the middle with a defense that is struggling.

Neither team is going to walk all over a healthy Blues’ lineup, and that’s with a sub-par Krug, and a returning-from-injury Tarasenko. The Blues have no clear weakness: just things that we wish were more elite (defense). The Blues’ defense is still one of the top in the league, when healthy.

This reminds me a lot of when I put money on STL and BOS to win the cup... in December. Both teams are once again highly underrated while their opponents are overrated.

Reactions: mike1320

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
He is directly quoting Berube's answer. That is almost by definition his job -- to ask players and coaches questions and report their answers to us. Now, if it were just JR saying "I know the date but won't tell any of you suckers", that's one thing. But he can't make Berube say anything else.

I say all of this as someone who also is not a huge fan of JR and thought his reporting of the Parayko injury was pretty clumsy. But I don't really know what else he's supposed to do in this instance.
Do reporters always use every quote they are given? No, so that's not an excuse or an argument to vague post about a player who may or may not come back this weekend or even next week. I'd rather he say that there's no new info about Tarasenko instead of giving me info that isn't actually info. I don't like it, never have liked it, and it doesn't do anything for me as a sports fan.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Colorado’s lineup has Mackinnon and Makar, but their depth is nowhere near as good as the Blues’.

VGK is more well-rounded, but they have a clear weakness down the middle with a defense that is struggling.

Neither team is going to walk all over a healthy Blues’ lineup, and that’s with a sub-par Krug, and a returning-from-injury Tarasenko. The Blues have no clear weakness: just things that we wish were more elite (defense). The Blues’ defense is still one of the top in the league, when healthy.

This reminds me a lot of when I put money on STL and BOS to win the cup... in December. Both teams are once again highly underrated while their opponents are overrated.
I strongly disagree with the bolded. Our defense, when healthy, might be better than average, but it isn't anywhere near the top of the League. Parayko is the only defenseman on the roster who can be described as elite, and some people would even argue with that. Krug and Faulk both have their strengths, but I think they both get overrated by some posters here.

Reactions: Blues Knight

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
I strongly disagree with the bolded. Our defense, when healthy, might be better than average, but it isn't anywhere near the top of the League. Parayko is the only defenseman on the roster who can be described as elite, and some people would even argue with that. Krug and Faulk both have their strengths, but I think they both get overrated by some posters here.
I would put us in or close to top-10. We definitely have a better defense than:
Ottawa
Vancouver
Detroit
Pittsburgh
Edmonton
New Jersey
Buffalo
Philadelphia
Anaheim
Chicago
Montreal
Los Angeles
Winnipeg
New York (R)
Florida
(15 teams)

And I would argue we have similar or better defense than:
San Jose
Nashville
Columbus

Washington
Calgary
Arizona
Dallas
New York (I)
Boston
Colorado

Toronto
Vegas
Minnesota

(13 teams)

The only teams that have definitively better defense are:
Tampa Bay
Carolina
(2 teams)

Our Top-4 is pretty strong. Just a little while ago, it was best in the league, or at least third-best.

Pietrangelo > Parayko
Parayko > Faulk
Bouwmeester = Krug
Edmundson/Dunn/Faulk = Scandella
Gunnarsson < Dunn
Bortuzzo = Bortuzzo

I don't think we majorly downgraded in defense, and I'm a person that was very down on exchanging Pietrangelo for Krug. This team's defense is still very good, just not league best anymore, and I think the differential is what makes most fans think it's much worse than it is. That, and our defense has been more about offense than shutting down the opposition. Bouwmeester was great to shutdown our opponent, but his offense was a blackhole. We're one top-pair LHD from having the best defense in the league; without it, we're still contenders.

Our forwards MAJORLY upgraded, though.

Schwartz Schenn Tarasenko
Blais O'Reilly Perron
Maroon Bozak Thomas
Barbashev Sundqvist Steen

Schwartz Schenn Tarasenko
Sanford O'Reilly Perron
Hoffman Bozak Kyrou
Sundqvist Barbashev Thomas

I think I would take this team over the cup team, though it would be close (I'm a very big Pietrangelo fan).

Reactions: simon IC

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I’m sorry, but I don’t see Vegas or Colorado easily getting by this lineup.

Schwartz-Schenn-Tarasenko
Perron-O’Reilly-Kyrou
Sanford-Thomas-Hoffman
Barbashev-Bozak-Sundqvist
Clifford, Blais

Krug-Faulk
Scandella-Parayko
Dunn-Bortuzzo
Mikkola

Binnington

Vegas doesn’t have center depth, and Colorado (while having a lot of firepower on the top line) doesn’t have the same deep lineup as this.

Straight up. But will we see this lineup this year? Possible I guess. Schwartz’ oblique and Parayko’s bulging disk could heel in the next few weeks.

Reactions: CaliforniaBlues310

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad