Injury Report: Blues 2020-21 Injury Report

mike1320

Sunny back on the ice today per Twitter.

Kyrou-O’Reilly-Tarasenko
Hoffman-Schenn-Perron
Sanford-Sundqvist-Blais
Clifford-Joshua-MacEachern
Walker

Krug-Faulk
Dunn-Scandella
Mikkola-Bortuzzo
Walman

Schwartz also skated before practice.
Slowly but surely looking like an NHL roster again. :thumbu: Just in time to stomp the shit out of Vegas this weekend.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
We really just need one more guy back, Schwartz or Bozak, to fill out that top 9. Bump Blais to the 4th with Joshua and Clifford and we’d be in business.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
No Parayko update?
Berube said he’s making progress but that’s it. Hopefully could be back in the next couple weeks.

Meanwhile, the team just announced that MacEachern is now placed on IR with an upper body injury. Not a huge loss because he probably was going to be the first guy scratched when we got a forward back, but we don’t really have anyone to replace him until one of Schwartz or Bozak returns... Edit: I guess Walker will just go back in. Forgot about him.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Nah Walker at least provides something. Poganski is worthless.
I'm going to side with Ranksu on this one. Poganski doesn't bring much, admittedly, but at least he isn't a liability. Walker's defense is absolutely atrocious. He is not NHL caliber.

Reactions: Ranksu

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
Berube said he’s making progress but that’s it. Hopefully could be back in the next couple weeks.

Meanwhile, the team just announced that MacEachern is now placed on IR with an upper body injury. Not a huge loss because he probably was going to be the first guy scratched when we got a forward back, but we don’t really have anyone to replace him until one of Schwartz or Bozak returns... Edit: I guess Walker will just go back in. Forgot about him.
now mac mac is out ? oh my word ....... when does it end ?...... next up

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
It all hinges on Parayko. If he can come back healthy, I like our chances of competing in the playoffs. If his back limits him to 75% effectiveness; that's not enough to carry this club past the heavies in the division. If he's going to be compromised for the duration of this season and into the playoffs, this feels like '18 where we might just acknowledge it's not our year and try to get better draft capital.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
It all hinges on Parayko. If he can come back healthy, I like our chances of competing in the playoffs. If his back limits him to 75% effectiveness; that's not enough to carry this club past the heavies in the division. If he's going to be compromised for the duration of this season and into the playoffs, this feels like '18 where we might just acknowledge it's not our year and try to get better draft capital.
I doubt we see a sell-off if there is any possibility of playoff revenue. Vaccine distribution has been good enough that a not-insignificant amount of people will be allowed to buy playoff tickets. I will be somewhat surprised if we aren't at 25% capacity by playoffs that should start mid-to-late May. In a year where the team is bleeding money, playoff revenue won't be as easily forgone as it was in the past.

Dec 15, 2002
Per Lou Korac, per Berube:

-- Bozak is ready
-- Schwartz could be ready as early as Wednesday, but is making "great progress"
-- DLR could be available if needed
-- Thomas is skating with the extras, making "good progress," could be skating with the team soon
-- Parayko is "making progress" but not skating yet

Short: we'll soon see if getting guys back is the panacea or not for this team's problems.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Per Lou Korac, per Berube:

-- Bozak is ready
-- Schwartz could be ready as early as Wednesday, but is making "great progress"
-- DLR could be available if needed
-- Thomas is skating with the extras, making "good progress," could be skating with the team soon
-- Parayko is "making progress" but not skating yet

Short: we'll soon see if getting guys back is the panacea or not for this team's problems.
Great on Bozo and Schwartz. They will help, especially Schwartz, with defensive zone coverage. I would caution on Thomas that his injury is hand/wrist, so skating doesn't mean he is that close to returning.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Getting Bozak back is huge for our center depth. Also, I’d assume DLR comes in if Schwartz isn’t good to go Wednesday.

Sanford-O’Reilly-Perron
Schwartz/Blais-Schenn-Tarasenko
Hoffman-Bozak-Kyrou
Blais/DLR-Sundqvist-Clifford

Either of the two look MUCH better than what we’ve had recently.

Thanks for the contributions Dak, Walker, and Poganski, but hopefully we don’t see you guys again this year.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Getting Bozak back is huge for our center depth. Also, I’d assume DLR comes in if Schwartz isn’t good to go Wednesday.

Sanford-O’Reilly-Perron
Schwartz/Blais-Schenn-Tarasenko
Hoffman-Bozak-Kyrou
Blais/DLR-Sundqvist-Clifford

Either of the two look MUCH better than what we’ve had recently.

Thanks for the contributions Dak, Walker, and Poganski, but hopefully we don’t see you guys again this year.
No reason to bring DLR back in especially if he’s not 100%. Just give Joshua one more game on the 4th line until Schwartz is back.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Well, that's worst case scenario. Out at least 2 more weeks.
I think it's retoactive -- he's already been out two weeks, and we weren't yet sure how long he'd be out, so we kept him off the LTIR list so that if he was good enough, he could come back before the two week minimum. Now that he's met the minimum requirement of 2 weeks, there's no reason not to put him on it.

I'm not terribly optimistic about Parayko returning to form this season, but I don't think this of all things makes me less hopeful. We've seen Parayko bounce back from things like he's Gumby. I still believe he'll be able to come back and play well; I don't think he'll take that step this year that we were hoping for though.

Reactions: TK 421

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad