Injury Report: Blues 2020-21 Injury Report

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
We didn't have yet this season injury thread, so why not create one to easier follow.

injury report: Practicing: Krug, Scandella, Blais Not practicing: Schwartz, Bozak, Parayko

Berube says Parayko, who did not practice today, is not regressing. "He needs time to heal a little bit, so today we kept him off and well see how he is tomorrow," Berube said.

Berube says Schwartz is day-to-day, not ready yet. Berube adds that Bozak is not on the ice yet, and "he's a ways away.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I think this belongs here. About Parako's injury.

Listening to this interview with JR...it does not sound good for Parayko

Blues Insider Jeremy Rutherford – 101 ESPN

"There is an injury...if it were a knee and he needed surgery then they would do that or shoulder and he needed rehab time they would take him out. It's neither of those situations. Potentially this could be something that goes on and on and on..."

When asked if sitting him would help... "I think that would help but it's not going to cure it...even with those types of breaks were not going to see Parayko get back to the level of player we know he can be...whether they'll need to address it in the off-season I'm not quite sure yet."

Yikes.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
How 'bout Tarasenko ? any news ?
He's skating with the team and participating in some limited practices (shooting/passing but no contact). Appears to be healing well and on schedule with his rehab *knocks on wood*. Hopefully will be back in the next few weeks, but I haven't heard an official timeline.

Got a separate thread for him - Injury Report: - Vladimir Tarasenko

Reactions: KingWongQc

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
This is starting to get ridiculous

Barby: 6+ weeks
Thomas: 3-5 weeks
Bozak: "a ways away"
Tarasenko: participating in skates with the team, but no indication he has been cleared for contact. Given that, 3 weeks seems absolute-best-case scenario (but probably longer)
Schwartz: day to day that is starting to feel like week to week.
Parayko: somewhere between day to day and a career ending injury.

If Schwartz and Parayko can't get back into the lineup quickly, it is going to be a hard couple weeks.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
This is starting to get ridiculous

Barby: 6+ weeks
Thomas: 3-5 weeks
Bozak: "a ways away"
Tarasenko: participating in skates with the team, but no indication he has been cleared for contact. Given that, 3 weeks seems absolute-best-case scenario (but probably longer)
Schwartz: day to day that is starting to feel like week to week.
Parayko: somewhere between day to day and a career ending injury.

If Schwartz and Parayko can't get back into the lineup quickly, it is going to be a hard couple weeks.
I suspect most teams are going to have high level of injuries this season due to condensed schedule. But the amount of talent we have out of the lineup is getting ridiculous.

Reagans Blues

Apr 12, 2019
USA
giphy.gif

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
We didn't have yet this season injury thread, so why not create one to easier follow.

What pisses me off is that f*** named Stone suffered no consequences for what he did...none. And yet there are many examples this year of hits on the ice that start as legal hits and they go a little the wrong way and we are looking at suspensions by the NHL.

Stone is a dirty f***....and yet, because Vegas is front and center of the NHL's marketing campaign, he gets nothing.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
If Bozak is "a ways away" that suggests he's got PCS and he's weeks away at best. I'm not optimistic about him at the moment.

But as Ajax alludes to, at least the referees that night took control of what was going on and doled out punishment so the Do"PS" didn't have to worry about getting a hair out of place doing any work.

Reactions: Brian39 and TK 421

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
If Bozak is "a ways away" that suggests he's got PCS and he's weeks away at best. I'm not optimistic about him at the moment.

But as Ajax alludes to, at least the referees that night took control of what was going on and doled out punishment so the Do"PS" didn't have to worry about getting a hair out of place doing any work.
For those curious as to what the Blues will do when Tarasenko is ready to return, I suspect that they will LTIR Bozak either the day they activate 91 or the day before, whichever is more advantageous cap-wise. I think it is probably about 50/50 that we see Bozak again in the regular season.

Reactions: TK 421 and Blueston

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
As others have said, I’m still in shock that Stone got zero games. That was a hit that was so dirty you hardly ever see it. To make a direct stop far far away from the puck to hit an unsuspecting player up high!!!!!!!!

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Another little nugget from the comments section of the story on the Parayko back injury...

Per a reply from JR: "I know a few more details but will hold off reporting until I have concrete knowledge and understanding of what the Blues will do. I found out about his back last week and waited until I trusted the information."

I'm curious to see if the Blues will offer more information in the next week or two.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Gunnar is out for the year (And that might mean we've seen his last NHL game. If so, he's going to be one of those guys we look back on with more affection then we probably had for him then we had while he was actually here. Definition of a good soldier).

Barbie had surgery and will be re-evaluated in 6 weeks.

Reactions: mk80

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
News on Gunnar hit me harder than I thought. This could likely be end of line for him here and maybe end of his NHL career, as he was barely holding on. His game slipped over past year or so as his body got worn down, but he was valuable depth player on our Cup team.

Reactions: mk80

Mar 6, 2012
Ugh... This team is just being utterly ravaged with injuries. This is flipping ridiculous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->