GDT: Blues (2-2-1) vs. Flames (Bad) | October 26, 7:00 MDT

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
So Sunday it’s either gonna end 1-0 shootout loss or both team break out of their offensive ineptitude and it ends up lane 9-8 oilers

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
So Sunday it’s either gonna end 1-0 shootout loss or both team break out of their offensive ineptitude and it ends up lane 9-8 oilers
Oh god. I forgot it's them. We better not be the springboard for them to get chugging along offensively.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Yeah, criticism is warranted here. It's the ol' cliché to say it's early -- and it is -- but it's honestly trending towards not being early and we're not seeing anything at all yet.

This is getting precarious as fffff. Turn it around, guys. Or this season is going to be brutal.
The problem is most of these guys were here last year and we look to be going backwards. Could it eventually click with this new system sure, but it's not looking likely and it's hard to watch

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
It's not lost on me. I hate seeing the team look neutered and useless.

It's like watching the first 20 minutes of the first mighty ducks movie. If we're laying eggs, we should start practicing passing them.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
That's what really stings. The what could have been. On multiple fronts, obviously. What if the new additions just took off and didn't miss a beat. Or... What if we had said it's finally time to rebuild and use our assets smartly to facilitate that.

Ugh. It could turn around. It could turn around. It could...

*Fetal position*

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I look at this team and I really don't know what they're trying to be. Like zero vision involved with the construction of this roster.

Are they skilled? no
Are they fast? no
Are they tough? no
Are they deep? no
Do they play great defense? no
Do they work hard? no
Are they at least young? no

literally none of the above. What's the Flames' identity supposed to be?
It's just a random collection of guys who play hockey.

Markstrom was excellent, other guy was good too but the Flames gave up many more unchallenged chances. Young guys were pretty solid, not sure what more you can expect from Duehr, Coronato, Solovyov, and Gilbert in a game like this. Other than that Mangiapane was OK and the rest of the team SUCKED.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
The problem is most of these guys were here last year and we look to be going backwards. Could it eventually click with this new system sure, but it's not looking likely and it's hard to watch
there is a new system?

I seriously can’t tell if there is a system

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
The Huska hire is bewildering to me. The guy has contributed to team failures which have led to three head coaching changes (Bill Peters was on his way to getting fired with his results), and yet we’re supposed to believe that he was the voice to lead this team all along

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
The Huska hire is bewildering to me. The guy has contributed to team failures which have led to three head coaching changes, and yet we’re supposed to believe that he was the voice to lead this team all along

Budget hire. Murray wasn't going to spend on a coach again after these guys ran Sutter out of town and he has to still pay him.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
The Huska hire is bewildering to me. The guy has contributed to team failures which have led to three head coaching changes (Bill Peters was on his way to getting fired with his results), and yet we’re supposed to believe that he was the voice to lead this team all along
It’s in the same vein as the Conroy selection for GM, tbh.

Reactions: Iggys Dome

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad