Blues #1 goaltender race Allen vs. Binnington vs. Husso?

Blues #1 goaltender?

• Jake Allen

Votes: 15 11.8%
  • Jordan Binnington

Votes: 95 74.8%
  • Ville Husso

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Jared Koreau

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Evan Fitzpatrick

Votes: 3 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Who was I saying is an Allen defender? I have never called anyone specifically an Allen defender. If there really aren't many then my comment should fall on deaf ears. But its causing a stir it seems. So you and others must think i am talking about people YOU perceve as an Allen defender then I guess? It really was just a general comment.

Is that really all you took from my post?

I guess I should ask you what your start schedule would be for splits between Binnington and Allen the rest of the way. That should clarify your position on this pretty quickly.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Season stats:

Allen:
18-17-7 (.428 win %)
2.85 GAA
.904 sv%

Binnington:
17-4-1 (.772 win %)
1.77 GAA
.931 sv%

I am more of an overall stats guy. If people want to cherry-pick 3-5 games so be it. Even the worst goalies in the league will have a good 3-5 starts here and there.

Last 5:

Allen:
1-2-2
2.2 GAA
.919 sv%

Binnington:
3-2-0
2.00 GAA
.917 sv%

"Better" seems to be subjective here.

Either learn to read or don't misquote me. I said, "He was as good or better than the starter/1A has been in 3 of his last 4 starts" while referring to one individual game. I was slightly unclear, but the only 2 ways to interpret my quote were that:

1: Allen's game last night was better than 3 of Binny's last 4 starts, or
2: that over each of their last 4 starts, Allen has been better 3 times.

I meant the 1st reading, but the second reading is also true. At no point did I say he is a better goalie or claim that Allen had been overall better over any additional length of time. He played better against Buffalo than Binny has played in 3 of his last 4 starts. He has also outplayed Binny over their last 4 starts and by a fairly wide margin (.939 to .908).

So no, none of my claims are disputed by the goalpost moving you tried to do.

I think Allen has been a touch better over each of their last 5 because he has been more consistent (4 quality starts to 2 over their last 5 and 7 quality starts to 4 over their last 8). But frankly I don't care who has been better. My point is not (and hasn't been) who is better. Regardless of who you believe has been better for the last 4, 5, 7, 8 or however many games, we all agree that Binny should be the starter. My point is that anyone who is critical of Allen's play last night and saying people are "making excuses" for Allen need to also say the same thing about 3 of Binny's last 4 starts if they want to be logically consistent. Personally, I don't have any problem with our goaltending for the last 2+ months. But if people insist on bashing individual poor performances, then they damn sure better be consistent about it.

Comparisons aside, Allen has a .922 through 11 starts since Binny's first start. 8 of those 11 games have been 'quality starts' and we are talking about a 9 week sample size. He has a .928 in his last 10 starts (8 quality starts). He has a .920 in his last 5 starts with 4 quality starts. Acting like people are irrationally defending him and making excuses for him is just absurd. Unless Binny lays down several more clunkers in a short window, Allen shouldn't be the #1 again. No one here is arguing that he should be. But that is a much, much, much different argument than one saying he has been bad by any definition over the last 2 months.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
You labeled Brain an "Allen defender"...
Nope. I never once called him an Allen defender. That was your interpretation apparently I can only assume because my post was after his? That's your problem if you read it that way.

Sounds like all you want to do is whine and argue. You say the stats and facts matter and I am one one the few who have actually posted stats and facts and you are dismissing them as not cherry-picked enough for your liking. Well I don't cherry-pick stats because I don't have an agenda. So keep crying if you want. Heres some more emojis to entertain you.

:huh::laugh::help:

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Either learn to read or don't misquote me. I said, "He was as good or better than the starter/1A has been in 3 of his last 4 starts" while referring to one individual game. I was slightly unclear, but the only 2 ways to interpret my quote were that:

1: Allen's game last night was better than 3 of Binny's last 4 starts, or
2: that over each of their last 4 starts, Allen has been better 3 times.

I meant the 1st reading, but the second reading is also true. At no point did I say he is a better goalie or claim that Allen had been overall better over any additional length of time. He played better against Buffalo than Binny has played in 3 of his last 4 starts. He has also outplayed Binny over their last 4 starts and by a fairly wide margin (.939 to .908).

So no, none of my claims are disputed by the goalpost moving you tried to do.

I think Allen has been a touch better over each of their last 5 because he has been more consistent (4 quality starts to 2 over their last 5 and 7 quality starts to 4 over their last 8). But frankly I don't care who has been better. My point is not (and hasn't been) who is better. Regardless of who you believe has been better for the last 4, 5, 7, 8 or however many games, we all agree that Binny should be the starter. My point is that anyone who is critical of Allen's play last night and saying people are "making excuses" for Allen need to also say the same thing about 3 of Binny's last 4 starts if they want to be logically consistent. Personally, I don't have any problem with our goaltending for the last 2+ months. But if people insist on bashing individual poor performances, then they damn sure better be consistent about it.

Comparisons aside, Allen has a .922 through 11 starts since Binny's first start. 8 of those 11 games have been 'quality starts' and we are talking about a 9 week sample size. He has a .928 in his last 10 starts (8 quality starts). He has a .920 in his last 5 starts with 4 quality starts. Acting like people are irrationally defending him and making excuses for him is just absurd. Unless Binny lays down several more clunkers in a short window, Allen shouldn't be the #1 again. No one here is arguing that he should be. But that is a much, much, much different argument than one saying he has been bad by any definition over the last 2 months.
I never quoted you. Stop acting like a victim.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Is that really all you took from my post?

I guess I should ask you what your start schedule would be for splits between Binnington and Allen the rest of the way. That should clarify your position on this pretty quickly.
I am not the coach and don't pretend to be like so many experts here do. Sorry.

Not sorry.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
You posted this immediately after Brian commented on the last 8 games. You're being mealy-mouthed about your argument now.
You are the one coming at me with accusations that arent true. If YOU read it the wrong way that is not my problem. This is all in YOUR head. You so bad want me to be referring to who YOU want me to be calling an "Allen defender" you have to make up reasons in your head for it. It just means YOU are calling them the Allen defender. You can't handle that I did not call them that and you did.

People can reply and just because it is after someone else doesn't mean it's related. I always quote who i am replying to. Which doesn't fit your whiny agenda and thats too bad.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
You are the one coming at me with accusations that arent true. If YOU read it the wrong way that is not my problem. This is all in YOUR head. You so bad want me to be referring to who YOU want me to be calling an "Allen defender" you have to make up reasons in your head for it. It just means YOU are calling them the Allen defender. You can't handle that I did not call them that and you did.

People can reply and just because it is after someone else doesn't mean it's related. I always quote who i am replying to. Which doesn't fit your whiny agenda and thats too bad.
So you're criticizing people who are pointing to Allen's more recent starts, just not Brian39 when he refers to the last 8 starts and you post immediately after? And I'm delusional?

If there's one thing posters on this board are known for, its that I'm whiny and Brian has a persecution complex. You nailed that one.

Reactions: Cotton McKnight

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
That's fine, but why would anyone change their vote now though? I dont think there is support for Allen now, I voted Allen but there's no way I'd vote the same way again. Changing my vote just seems like I'd be back peddling. Not sure why some are criticizing poster over a vote 3mo ago

I've made this poll few times and updated it. This poll doesn't have fime window so you can change your vote. Doesn't it make bit odd to stick blindly one option when season is almost 9 month long and things change? Its just proves my opinion about who are Allen fanboys and can't re-evaluate when things changes. :naughty:

Blues won't be Playoff spot if we wouldn't give chance to Binny, we would be Still talking negative way in here and aim for top10 pick.

I'll make another poll when we've new goaltender in our team so we re-evaluate situation who is #1.

Thins were bit different last season when we ride with Allen blindly back to back while he sucked and team did let it go with Allen.

We've now luxury to give back to back roles with Binny and Allen, but if we start to lose more games I don't believe at all Berube will go different goaltender if back to back games, but in same sentence do we've that much space for roll up maybe cost us Playoff spot? 10 games left and two times we've back to back games if we sit tight Playoff spot I'm fine giving Binny rest. If we're just few points ahead of Playoff spot I doubt we'll see different goaltenders on those games (who ever is hotter then.)

If we rotate and we aren't tight in Playoff spot and his moves will cost to us Playoff spot I don't believe we'll see Berube anymore in Blues as a coach.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I've made this poll few times and updated it. This poll doesn't have fime window so you can change your vote. Doesn't it make bit odd to stick blindly one option when season is almost 9 month long and things change? Its just proves my opinion about who are Allen fanboys and can't re-evaluate when things changes. :naughty:

Blues won't be Playoff spot if we wouldn't give chance to Binny, we would be Still talking negative way in here and aim for top10 pick.

I'll make another poll when we've new goaltender in our team so we re-evaluate situation who is #1.

Thins were bit different last season when we ride with Allen blindly back to back while he sucked and team did let it go with Allen.

We've now luxury to give back to back roles with Binny and Allen, but if we start to lose more games I don't believe at all Berube will go different goaltender if back to back games, but in same sentence do we've that much space for roll up maybe cost us Playoff spot? 10 games left and two times we've back to back games if we sit tight Playoff spot I'm fine giving Binny rest. If we're just few points ahead of Playoff spot I doubt we'll see different goaltenders on those games (who ever is hotter then.)

If we rotate and we aren't tight in Playoff spot and his moves will cost to us Playoff spot I don't believe we'll see Berube anymore in Blues as a coach.
I didn't notice you were updating it. I absolutely view things different. There is no way I'd vote Allen again. Even when voting for Allen, it wasnt a vote of confidence. It was more of a "we're stuck with him". That ship sailed after Binnington's 3rd or 4th start. His play just inspires confidence. I wasnt worried about his loses because they will happen. Even Price looks like crap sometimes. I did worry though when it seemed like Allen could get his foot back in the door, but when you look at the schedule.....it made sense

Cotton McKnight

He left, get over it!
Feb 6, 2009
Siloam Springs
I didn't notice you were updating it. I absolutely view things different. There is no way I'd vote Allen again. Even when voting for Allen, it wasnt a vote of confidence. It was more of a "we're stuck with him". That ship sailed after Binnington's 3rd or 4th start. His play just inspires confidence. I wasnt worried about his loses because they will happen. Even Price looks like crap sometimes. I did worry though when it seemed like Allen could get his foot back in the door, but when you look at the schedule.....it made sense

It seems the OP/Troll is at it again, don't let any feeling of guilt voting for Allen before JB even had a start this season. Also, don't feel bad for not pretending you didn't vote for Allen as the logical starter at the beginning of this poll. Don't be fooled, this is the only poll that has been made in regards to starting goalie for the Blues since being posted.

I probably voted on that in the fall.

I love how the troll post came back up again. I don't think many people would have not voted for Allen prior to knowing we actually had a viable option in the minors (that wasn't Husso, he's imploding, still)

upload_2019-3-18_22-10-43.png

This is the Rampages current goal-tending stats.

REMINDER:
OP has a major hard on for Husso.

Yes I guess two can play at this game. He can change his vote to hide being Husso's number one fan by changing his vote and making illogical arguments for doing so.

If everyone could change their vote after the fact in regards to everything, imagine how crazy our voted officials game of merry-go-round would go.

Reactions: Punished ROR

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
I wouldn’t have ever voted for Allen even if he was the only choice.

The poll says #1 goaltender race. The Blues don’t have a #1 goalie so how can there be a race? Binnington is off to a great start in the NHL but he’s unproven and it’s way too early to anoint him a #1 goalie.

ItsOnlytheRiver

Mar 25, 2010
This thread confuses me on so many levels. Herpa Derp should be glad the OP showed back up to, once again, for some reason try to shame people who cast a vote to his dumb question he posed months ago that can be taken a multitude of ways.

ItsOnlytheRiver

Mar 25, 2010
FTR, in the original poll from October Ransku STILL has a vote cast for Chad Johnson which was a bad vote then and only became worse as time went on. Looking at it now it obviously just seems illogical.

But worst of all, Binnington wasn’t even a choice on the first poll. With the benefit of hindsight, which has been established is ok here, that is just embarrassing.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

I updated my vote to pick Allen because f*** your trolling bullshit poll. Everyone vote for Allen so Ranksu has to list 100 of us when he tries this calling people out crap again.

Reactions: Punished ROR

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I updated my vote to pick Allen because **** your trolling bull**** poll. Everyone vote for Allen so Ranksu has to list 100 of us when he tries this calling people out crap again.
You realize ANYONE can click on the results and see who voted for what right?

Reactions: Spektre

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
You realize ANYONE can click on the results and see who voted for what right?

Yes. That just makes my point for me. Anyone can click and see who voted for whom, so nobody needs Ranksu to point it out. Then what's the point in calling out each individual by name, with an @ sign to tag them prompting a notification, if not to troll the individuals who he thinks disagree with his ridiculously biased viewpoint? I don't need Ranksu to list who voted for Allen if I care to know. It is a pure trolling move trying to get a rise out of people, or bully them into voting a particular way. He is not trying to spur meaningful conversation. He is only trying to insult and annoy. It is the text book definition of trolling, and should not be allowed on the forums.

"Troll, v,... 2.C. to harass, criticize, or antagonize (someone) especially by provocatively disparaging or mocking public statements, postings, or acts" -Merriam Webster Online Dictionary

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Yes. That just makes my point for me. Anyone can click and see who voted for whom, so nobody needs Ranksu to point it out. Then what's the point in calling out each individual by name, with an @ sign to tag them prompting a notification, if not to troll the individuals who he thinks disagree with his ridiculously biased viewpoint? I don't need Ranksu to list who voted for Allen if I care to know. It is a pure trolling move trying to get a rise out of people, or bully them into voting a particular way. He is not trying to spur meaningful conversation. He is only trying to insult and annoy. It is the text book definition of trolling, and should not be allowed on the forums.

"Troll, v,... 2.C. to harass, criticize, or antagonize (someone) especially by provocatively disparaging or mocking public statements, postings, or acts" -Merriam Webster Online Dictionary
I get it. Ranksu does like to stir the pot.

Maikkeli

Jul 12, 2016
Helsinki / Finland
It seems the OP/Troll is at it again, don't let any feeling of guilt voting for Allen before JB even had a start this season. Also, don't feel bad for not pretending you didn't vote for Allen as the logical starter at the beginning of this poll. Don't be fooled, this is the only poll that has been made in regards to starting goalie for the Blues since being posted.

I love how the troll post came back up again. I don't think many people would have not voted for Allen prior to knowing we actually had a viable option in the minors (that wasn't Husso, he's imploding, still)

View attachment 201627

This is the Rampages current goal-tending stats.

REMINDER:
OP has a major hard on for Husso.

Yes I guess two can play at this game. He can change his vote to hide being Husso's number one fan by changing his vote and making illogical arguments for doing so.

If everyone could change their vote after the fact in regards to everything, imagine how crazy our voted officials game of merry-go-round would go.

I heard that Husso's season would be over.
He has played the whole season more or less injured and now Blues wants to get him in shape.

Foomp Dugan

Mar 29, 2012
It seems the timing of this poll has caused a big issue. If this poll was put up back in the fall, and some say Allen was the only choice basically, then what’s the point of putting up the poll?

And if that’s the case, why couldn’t people go back and change their votes once the other options are available? Thinking you have to stick with your original vote on an altered poll is kind of ridiculous. If the options on the poll differ as they go, why can’t your vote?

Cotton McKnight

He left, get over it!
Feb 6, 2009
Siloam Springs
I heard that Husso's season would be over.
He has played the whole season more or less injured and now Blues wants to get him in shape.

I would be happy that any prospect that we have could turn it around and meet their potential.

My comments were more of a dig at OP's fave, since OP decided to take a dig at people without warranting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad