Blues #1 goaltender race Allen vs. Binnington vs. Husso?

Blues #1 goaltender?

• Jake Allen

Votes: 15 11.8%
  • Jordan Binnington

Votes: 95 74.8%
  • Ville Husso

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Jared Koreau

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Evan Fitzpatrick

Votes: 3 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
I love being called out on for voting in a poll in December where the original options were Allen, Husso, and Chad Johnson. I go to two threads on this board. The Rampage thread and the Prospects thread.

I have two weeks off at Christmas, so I was likely poking around the main board out of boredom, have never gone back to said poll, and now I'm a fanboy?

Bush league BS. But I cant say Im overly surprised.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I love being called out on for voting in a poll in December where the original options were Allen, Husso, and Chad Johnson. I go to two threads on this board. The Rampage thread and the Prospects thread.

I have two weeks off at Christmas, so I was likely poking around the main board out of boredom, have never gone back to said poll, and now I'm a fanboy?

Unfortunately the Allen debate has become the Blues forum civil war, sometimes a few civilians like yourself get caught in the cross-fire.

Reactions: Cotton McKnight

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014

I mean. Its an internet hockey forum. Does it really upset you that much? No doubt Ranksu is a troll. Everyone knows it. Does it really bother you that much though?

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn

haha

bBAQDJG.gif

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Unfortunately the Allen debate has become the Blues forum civil war, sometimes a few civilians like yourself get caught in the cross-fire.
There is no f***ing debate. Its just one forum user that likes to ridicule other posters. No one is advocating for Allen to be the starter, just some haven't seen the need to constantly update an apparently live-action poll.

Stupendous Yappi

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I mean. Its an internet hockey forum. Does it really upset you that much? No doubt Ranksu is a troll. Everyone knows it. Does it really bother you that much though?
For a moderated site where trolling is against the site rules, well..yes. It detracts from what I come here for, which is to discuss Blues hockey. But instead the forum discussion is becoming more about who said what and trying to 'get credit' for having the right opinion.

Reactions: Cotton McKnight

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
For a moderated site where trolling is against the site rules, well..yes. It detracts from what I come here for, which is to discuss Blues hockey. But instead the forum discussion is becoming more about who said what and trying to 'get credit' for having the right opinion.
So you obviously know he is a troll. Yet you go into a thread THAT HE CREATED and complain about how it's not what you came here for. Take some responsibility.

They do have an ignore feature. Heck you can even ignore specific threads if you want. If you really believe he is breaking the rules then report him. Ive reported people and it got their posts removed. We even have a resident moderator that frequents this Blues forum.

There are so many options to ignore trolls that sitting back and complaining just looks silly.

Reactions: Spektre

Stupendous Yappi

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
So you obviously know he is a troll. Yet you go into a thread THAT HE CREATED and complain about how it's not what you came here for. Take some responsibility.

They do have an ignore feature. Heck you can even ignore specific threads if you want. If you really believe he is breaking the rules then report him. Ive reported people and it got their posts removed. We even have a resident moderator that frequents this Blues forum.

There are so many options to ignore trolls that sitting back and complaining just looks silly.
I want to talk about the goalie situation with other Blues' fans. There was a lot of that in this thread, punctuated with bullshit from the OP and a few people that are egging him on. My complaint is that its a nuisance to sift through the baloney to read the quality posts, and I don't think trolling should be tolerated or rewarded. The moderating on this site has changed since the time when I was a moderator, and I don't really understand the reasons some of these things are being tolerated. But I can still voice my complaints.

I choose not to use 'ignore'. But if you don't like reading my complaints, you're certainly welcome to use it.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I want to talk about the goalie situation with other Blues' fans. There was a lot of that in this thread, punctuated with bull**** from the OP and a few people that are egging him on. My complaint is that its a nuisance to sift through the baloney to read the quality posts, and I don't think trolling should be tolerated or rewarded. The moderating on this site has changed since the time when I was a moderator, and I don't really understand the reasons some of these things are being tolerated. But I can still voice my complaints.

I choose not to use 'ignore'. But if you don't like reading my complaints, you're certainly welcome to use it.
You can literally fix everything you are complaining about by using the ignore feature. However you just admitted you would rather complain about it instead.

I have no problem reading your posts, informing you and setting you straight when you misread what I and others say. I ignore and report trolls I don't want to deal with.

Just trying to help you achieve your goal of not dealing with trolls by telling you how you can EASILY not have to deal with them. You can easily just ignore the people who are ruining this thread for you and only see what you deem worthy of gracing your eyeballs but sounds like you don't actually want what you claim you want.

Reactions: Spektre

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio

Nowhere in my post did I say I was bothered or upset. I called it BS, which it is, but I have way more pressing things to get upset about (e.g. the 12 year old student who comes to me every morning for a snack because they havent eaten since lunch yesterday).

I actually think it's kind of humorous in a very sad way that not only would someone take the time to pull this stunt, but that others will call out those who disagree because it's an internet forum and apparently, that's what we are here for.

But keep on keeping on. I'll just stay over in the other threads from now on.

Stupendous Yappi

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
You can literally fix everything you are complaining about by using the ignore feature. However you just admitted you would rather complain about it instead.

I have no problem reading your posts, informing you and setting you straight when you misread what I and others say. I ignore and report trolls I don't want to deal with.

Just trying to help you achieve your goal of not dealing with trolls by telling you how you can EASILY not have to deal with them. You can easily just ignore the people who are ruining this thread for you and only see what you deem worthy of gracing your eyeballs but sounds like you don't actually want what you claim you want.
Your way (where I ignore) degrades the quality of the site overall if we all respond that way, by tolerating poor behavior. My way (which is what moderating is for) contributes to maintaining a standard for the the site. I've brought things to the attention of mods in addition to voicing my complaints here. I hoped a little positive peer pressure for maintaining quality posting would be of benefit. But rather its brought out defenders of freedom, to allow us all to post drivel and harass other users over their votes in a meaningless poll.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Nowhere in my post did I say I was bothered or upset. I called it BS, which it is, but I have way more pressing things to get upset about (e.g. the 12 year old student who comes to me every morning for a snack because they havent eaten since lunch yesterday).

I actually think it's kind of humorous in a very sad way that not only would someone take the time to pull this stunt, but that others will call out those who disagree because it's an internet forum and apparently, that's what we are here for.

But keep on keeping on. I'll just stay over in the other threads from now on.
Okay, so you do take this stuff too seriously.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Your way (where I ignore) degrades the quality of the site overall if we all respond that way, by tolerating poor behavior. My way (which is what moderating is for) contributes to maintaining a standard for the the site. I've brought things to the attention of mods in addition to voicing my complaints here. I hoped a little positive peer pressure for maintaining quality posting would be of benefit. But rather its brought out defenders of freedom, to allow us all to post drivel and harass other users over their votes in a meaningless poll.
Ignoring trolls makes the site worse?

Your logic is weird. Ever hear "Don't feed the trolls."?

Insead you would rather whine about the trolls in the threads you already say are cluttered with nonsense. That makes the thread better.... how?

It's not "defenders of freedom." It's simple take responsibility and use the ignore feature. You have so many problems with this thread, the person who created it and some posters inside of it. IGNORE FEATURE.

Literally solves all your problems and does not add to the garbage spew by whining more about it solving nothing.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Ignoring trolls makes the site worse?

Your logic is weird. Ever hear "Don't feed the trolls."?

Insead you would rather whine about the trolls in the threads you already say are cluttered with nonsense. That makes the thread better.... how?

It's not "defenders of freedom." It's simple take responsibility and use the ignore feature. You have so many problems with this thread, the person who created it and some posters inside of it. IGNORE FEATURE.

Literally solves all your problems and does not add to the garbage spew by whining more about it solving nothing.

You know, for all the troll comments Ransku produces, thread resurrections at the worst times etc - he still produces quality contributing content on the board in other threads. Similar to Dizee, where both their opinions are often unpopular, repetitive and very vocal - they actively contribute to the board, because they are vocal fans.

Using the ignore feature deprives us of the very valid points they do bring, as well as other threads they start... Like the day we got to 6 GDTs before Easton merged 5 of them, because the first 2 were created by people who were ignored/ignoring posters. Then multiple users took it upon themselves to create a GDT simultaneously and another few just thought it would be funny to keep pumping them out.

Using the ignore feature, as @Stupendous Yappi says absolves posters of any accountability for the content or behaviour that should be reproached, moderated and/or stopped by other means. Ignoring posters doesn't solve the issue, it masks the problem and enables posters to continue with their questionable behaviour.

That you would take the time to belittle @RampageNate, the poster that is most vocal and is well informed about our AHL affiliate and goalie prospects there, for coming to another thread where his insight would be quite meaningful is rather poor in taste.

I don't advocate for anyone well informed to be steered away from any forum discussions. I find your series of comments here to be ridiculous and bordering on troll worthy, in the sense that you are now also calling out specific posters, detracting from anything related to the OP (as questionable as it is) and in general making this thread unpleasant to read through.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
This thread has gone way off topic and I've closed it. Even without the recent stuff, our goaltening situation has evolved to the point where the initial post is meaningless now.

If there is an appetite for a fresh goaltending thread, feel free to post one. Otherwise there is the season discussion thread.

Ultimately we're here for discussions on the team and that will mean differing viewpoints. I do agree that there is a difference between making a post and being challenged on that and being called out for how you voted in a poll. I don't see the latter as encouraging positive discussion in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad