Music: Bluegrass / Alt. Country / Old-time

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I've really been getting into the Turnpike Troubadors lately. I had bought their self titled album almost two years ago and it's excellent but I've been listening to their other stuff and it's equally excellent. Love the mix of Fiddle and Hermonica these guys have. Their new album comes out next month and it might be my most anticipated album of the year.

Who knew since discovering Cody Jinks last year that I would find even more great country acts which are ignored by mainstream radio. Real country music is alive and well and it sounds great.

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
Alright ladies and gentlemen I've received your Western Union cables and carrier pigeon notes asking for my favorite albums from this year. So, in honor of Nigel Tufnel, I countdown the top 11 albums of 2017.

#11 Chris Shiflett - West Coast Town

judging by this album and his podcast the Foo Fighter guitarist has caught the Americana/alt country bug.

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
#10 Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit - The Nashville Sound

another solid effort from Mr. Isbell and co. I should probably stop comparing his new albums to Southeastern since that might be the best album of this decade.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I have no idea if they're new, old or what, but I have been listening to a lot of Rural Alberta Advantage and they're freaking great!

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Religion is the most stupid invention of mankind, BUT it ended up giving us the artistic career of David Eugene Edwards.

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
I have no idea if they're new, old or what, but I have been listening to a lot of Rural Alberta Advantage and they're freaking great!
I've heard of them but have never heard one of their songs, how about posting one of your favorites?

Religion is the most stupid invention of mankind, BUT it ended up giving us the artistic career of David Eugene Edwards.
Agree on the religion part. Who is David Eugene Edwards? Related to Don Edwards who I posted a song from above?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I've heard of them but have never heard one of their songs, how about posting one of your favorites?

Agree on the religion part. Who is David Eugene Edwards? Related to Don Edwards who I posted a song from above?

Of 16 Horsepower/Wovenhand.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Oh OK, didn't know that. I've had Mosaic by Wovenhand on my Amazon wishlist for a couple years, might have to finally pull the trigger.

Wovenhand is... interesting. In that it's getting heavier and heavier by each release. Mosaic is very good, but you'd listen to Refractory Obdurate right after and you're swear it's two completely different bands.

Reactions: plank

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3