OT: Blue Pants/Gloves

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Names and numbers being in blue may help. Hell, maybe the numbers is all it takes, but I think it would look weird to have different colored numbers and name patches.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
No, they don't match. And even the socks and jerseys of the away set alone don't match.
So...what would you have done to fix it without going away from the blue.

My recommendation has always been to change the hem of the jersey to blue so it matches the pants it rests on. I still think that is the easiest and quickest way to make the set functional. As for longevity, I'll leave that up to folks with graphic design experience, but I would love to hear from them as well. What one change or two changes can make the away set better? For the time being, I'll die on the hill saying the area beneath the mountain stripe on the sweaters needs to be the same blue as the pants.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
So...what would you have done to fix it without going away from the blue.

My recommendation has always been to change the hem of the jersey to blue so it matches the pants it rests on. I still think that is the easiest and quickest way to make the set functional. As for longevity, I'll leave that up to folks with graphic design experience, but I would love to hear from them as well. What one change or two changes can make the away set better? For the time being, I'll die on the hill saying the area beneath the mountain stripe on the sweaters needs to be the same blue as the pants.
Personally I would make the away jersey outline stripe blue (currently silver), make the numbers blue (effectively dropping black from the palette), and drop the silver from the away socks so it matches the jersey.

It's not "perfect" or anything, but barring a complete redesign that's how it's supposed to go in this set. The stripes and colors used to mirror in the earlier unis but the Adidas sets never did, and the gear change made that evident.

Trust me (or you don't have to), people tried the different stripe colors on the one jersey because it sounded like a worthwhile idea and it looks really disjointed.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Personally I would make the away jersey outline stripe blue (currently silver), make the numbers blue (effectively dropping black from the palette), and drop the silver from the away socks so it matches the jersey.

It's not "perfect" or anything, but barring a complete redesign that's how it's supposed to go in this set. The stripes and colors used to mirror in the earlier unis but the Adidas sets never did, and the gear change made that evident.

Trust me (or you don't have to), people tried the different stripe colors on the one jersey because it sounded like a worthwhile idea and it looks really disjointed.
I wish I could see a mockup of your choice.

I've toyed around with the idea of changing the socks but decided that until I could make the sweaters and pants match, that it would be useless to play around with the socks and gloves.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
It's in the thread somewhere, I think @CharlesPuck did it on a photo.
I'll have to go back and look it up...unless your or @CharlesPuck can post it again.

I do know this...if the fans on this website was in charge of the uniforms, they would look a lot sharper. The team the Avs have working for them are just not good at this. They've got some great ideas but they have piss poor execution on them. That's what the beauty of a site like this is...y'all can give us a glimpse of what could've been and then we can take that back to the Avs comment sections and try to harangue them into making necessary changes.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
@UncleRisto

Here it is with the blue stripe instead of gray.

2DeH19N.png

@MartinSkoulYa

Here it is with gray stripe, blue strip, and blue numbers. This clearly is the best look and the blue gear looks AMAZING. The issue all along was never the blue pants, it was the lack of blue in the sweater. Hopefully they make these tweaks to better match the gear.

0haFZuK.png

@UncleRisto Here ya go. I didn't change the socks though.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I wish they would go back to black, but since that seems very unlikely. I hope they just change the away pants, gloves and lids to burgundy. That wouldn't look nearly as out of place as the blue. They already use them for the reverse retros anyway.

Also I hope next year the replace one of the C shoulder patches with the foot symbol. I really miss that logo and they even still sell hats and T-shirts with it in altitude authentics (the arena shop). We finally got our mountain stripe back, so maybe there's a little hope.... Right?

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
I wish they would go back to black, but since that seems very unlikely. I hope they just change the away pants, gloves and lids to burgundy. That wouldn't look nearly as out of place as the blue. They already use them for the reverse retros anyway.

Also I hope next year the replace one of the C shoulder patches with the foot symbol. I really miss that logo and they even still sell hats and T-shirts with it in altitude authentics (the arena shop). We finally got our mountain stripe back, so maybe there's a little hope.... Right?

I want nothing that reminds me of this season.

I like the old shade of blue and black piping. The powder blue and soft gray...ugh. Eff these soft colors, this isn't the NBA. Maybe they can put a chipmunk on the shoulder with it.
The damn blue helmets are like TML and TBL.
Why can't the helmets have some kind of small logo (probably has to be Ball another year or two?) and get with the times?
I like the foot for sure. Burgundy gloves might work. Reverse retro is cool. Alternate is cool.

Reactions: sethro109

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad