OT: Blue Jays Thread (II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Bullpen wasn't the problem last game. Dickey was horrific. By the second time through the order he wasn't fooling anybody. It looked like batting practice for the Red Sox. Still concerned about the offense although it was nice to see Bautista finally wake up. Pillar can't hit lead off. He has no bat control.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
The Pillar lead off experiment will be over soon IMO.

The last we need to worry about is the offense. It's 6 games. When we consistently score 5+ runs a game we will win a lot of games once the pitching corrects itself.

Stroman, Happ and Sanchez have already had one really good start but only resulted in 1 win. I don't expect the bullpen to be bad. Too many good high leverage guys, just question marks on the rest.

I hope Estrada feels 100% today and can pitch well.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Bullpen wasn't the problem last game. Dickey was horrific. By the second time through the order he wasn't fooling anybody. It looked like batting practice for the Red Sox. Still concerned about the offense although it was nice to see Bautista finally wake up. Pillar can't hit lead off. He has no bat control.

That's the problem with Dickey. If that knuckleball is moving and dipping it's great and unhittable. If the movement isn't there it's like batting practice. No in between with that guy on the mound.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Estrada looked like he was in post season form today. Great to see. Really curious to see how Sanchez pitches against the Yankees on Tuesday. See if he can match that outstanding start against Tampa Bay.

0ilerman

The King
Mar 17, 2008
Capital City
The Orioles spoiled the home opener in Boston today. Baltimore off to a 6-0 start - looks like the AL East will have 3 or more good teams this year. But that's nothing Jays fans aren't used to

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
Estrada was incredible on Sunday. I hope I was wrong about him!

Got a bad feeling about this series. The Yankees bats have been red-hot and Sanchez has blow-up potential tonight.

MPStoEberletoHall*

Estrada was incredible on Sunday. I hope I was wrong about him!

Got a bad feeling about this series. The Yankees bats have been red-hot and Sanchez has blow-up potential tonight.

It seems like quite a few Yankees struggle against Sanchez, they don't have the best numbers against him.

Although I'm sure they faced him more often when he was in the pen, and for the most part he is lights out in that role.

Calling it now. Blue jays sweep

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Cecil needs to get it together, was dominant last year, now can't seem to get an out.

It's kinda his routine. Seems to start slow every year.

I thought perhaps not this year because he was actually good in the spring, but it's following his usual path.

The bats just haven't been good yet. Very winnable today but can only manage 3 hits. They'll get it going soon I think.

They've been working pitchers and getting their pitch counts up early, but their timing still isn't there and lots of swings and misses.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Cecil needs to get it together, was dominant last year, now can't seem to get an out.

He was very good last night. Love his Curveball.

Also love the Jays piling on in the bottom of the 8th, making a close game anything but by the end of it.

I know it hasn't been the best start, but I still feel good about this team and I still see a lot of good things.

Also, can Dan Schulman call all the Jays games, love that guy's call.

0ilerman

The King
Mar 17, 2008
Capital City
He was very good last night. Love his Curveball.

Also love the Jays piling on in the bottom of the 8th, making a close game anything but by the end of it.

I know it hasn't been the best start, but I still feel good about this team and I still see a lot of good things.

Also, can Dan Schulman call all the Jays games, love that guy's call.

Shulman Buck and Pat are an all-star lineup. Love listening to their call. So much knowledge of the game and analysis beyond just numbers. Makes me wish I could watch more full games instead of only Jays in 30.

Remember the days of Jamie Campbell calling Jays games?! He was so bad...

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Shulman Buck and Pat are an all-star lineup. Love listening to their call. So much knowledge of the game and analysis beyond just numbers. Makes me wish I could watch more full games instead of only Jays in 30.

Remember the days of Jamie Campbell calling Jays games?! He was so bad...

Campbell was horrible. Mullinicks doing color was just as bad, maybe even worse. I do like Campbell as a host with Zaun though. I actually look forward to their segments.

Does anybody know if Shulman is full time or just doing home games? I don't recall him working the first series in Tampa.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Campbell was horrible. Mullinicks doing color was just as bad, maybe even worse. I do like Campbell as a host with Zaun though. I actually look forward to their segments.

Does anybody know if Shulman is full time or just doing home games? I don't recall him working the first series in Tampa.

Shuman is neither full time nor just the home games sadly. He's only signed on to do select games throughout the year.

I think 30 games this year.

But the fact he left TSN to go to Sportsnet, i hope it means he will do a lot more in years to come.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Shuman is neither full time nor just the home games sadly. He's only signed on to do select games throughout the year.

I think 30 games this year.

But the fact he left TSN to go to Sportsnet, i hope it means he will do a lot more in years to come.

Well he was at ESPN, did he get let go?

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Well he was at ESPN, did he get let go?

He left during the time when they were firing lots of people. They were pretty upset he left, he's highly sought after.

If I remember right, ESPN owns a small portion of TSN, then the rest is owned by Bell. So leaving for Sportsnet kinda eliminates his other options all at once.

He's apparently doing those games but also a lot of Jays oriented content on Sportsnet too, so don't think he's gonna be affiliated with anyone else.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
He left during the time when they were firing lots of people. They were pretty upset he left, he's highly sought after.

If I remember right, ESPN owns a small portion of TSN, then the rest is owned by Bell. So leaving for Sportsnet kinda eliminates his other options all at once.

He's apparently doing those games but also a lot of Jays oriented content on Sportsnet too, so don't think he's gonna be affiliated with anyone else.

Well I hope this is the team we see all season, the broadcasts are just a joy to listen to with these guys together.

Also, Stroman great outing, and Donaldson with the Clutch bomb.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I did a little reading, seems as though only other baseball he does is SNB. He's also still doing some NCAA ball too.

Seems as though just anything associated with TSN is done.

I doubt he'd ever wanna give up the SNB, but hopefully we can get him to doing like 60 Jays games a year. That would be great.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Am I the only one who watches Ryan Goins and thinks he's on the verge of breaking out and being a tremendous offensive player? I thought he improved a lot last year and he looks better again this year. He's night and day from where he was two years ago when he looked like he might as well use a broom handle at the plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad