Blue Jays Discussion: Blue Jays rotation in flux

Status
Not open for further replies.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Interesting projections.
23jfghi.jpg

Looks like Estrada and Happ have "outperformed" their projections.

Chavez 2.0 ?

Actual
29ofkax.jpg

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Kind of laughed at this:

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...denies-alex-rodriguez-request-play-third-base

Manager Joe Girardi turned down Alex Rodriguez's request to play third base in his final game as a Yankee on Friday in the Bronx.

"Tuesday, I came into his office," Rodriguez said. "He told me what the plan was and I said, 'Well, any chance I could play third base on Friday?' He just said no."

A-Rod started at third base twice last year. He has not played the field at all this season.

"We thought about it, but he hasn't done any work," Girardi said. "We are still in the business of trying to win games."

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Just checked the Wild Card standings and saw both Detroit and Seattle, knocking on Boston's door.

Yeah it's really getting close for that second WC spot. The Tigers went on a nice run but have cooled off since. And not the Mariners are on a roll. I'd love for the Jays to just keep their distance from those teams and keep that division lead in tact :nod:

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. I really don't like how athletes are treated at times, as if the individual is above the team. The Yankees already did that with Jeter, allowing him to play a position that he couldn't play for far too long and had him batting 2nd all year in his final season. Jeter demanded far more money than he was worth near the end and demanded to play SS. I respect Jeter but it's amazing to me that people can simply turn a blind eye to how large these guys egos are. I'm not saying Jeter and Rodriguez are the same because the simply aren't but ARod is the kind of guy who only thinks of himself. If he were still putting up numbers people wouldn't bat an eye and Yankees fans would cheer the egomaniac on.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. I really don't like how athletes are treated at times, as if the individual is above the team. The Yankees already did that with Jeter, allowing him to play a position that he couldn't play for far too long and had him batting 2nd all year in his final season. Jeter demanded far more money than he was worth near the end and demanded to play SS. I respect Jeter but it's amazing to me that people can simply turn a blind eye to how large these guys egos are. I'm not saying Jeter and Rodriguez are the same because the simply aren't but ARod is the kind of guy who only thinks of himself. If he were still putting up numbers people wouldn't bat an eye and Yankees fans would cheer the egomaniac on.

While I don't have a problem with the Yankees telling A-Rod to stick it becuase he's not gonna get any preferential treatment, it does make Girardi's reasoning look hollow given that they did exactly what you described with Jeter, letting an inferior defensive player an awful hitter at the end of his career continue to get prime PAs at the top of the lineup and the starting SS gig when in all rationality he should've been booted to 3B the moment A-Rod arrived on that roster.

But that's the magic of *swoon* Derek Jeter, I guess. Giftbaskets for everyone.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
The Astros start rookie right-hander Joe Musgrove (0-0, 0.79 ERA) against Toronto left-hander Francisco Liriano (6-11, 5.34) in the opener.
Musgrove made a superb major league debut against the Blue Jays on Aug. 2 when he took over from starter Lance McCullers, who was forced from the game with an elbow injury. The 23-year-old struck out eight and allowed one hit and one walk in 4 1/3 innings in a game the Blue Jays won 2-1.

http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/game/houston-astros-toronto-blue-jays-20160812/Preview

Ruh-roh. We don't hit well against unknowns

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Huge 3 game stretch here for the Jays. We get Houston at home, Baltimore gets SF on the road. A sweep for us and a sweep for SF would really be nice.

Let hope so

It's nice that the Jays don't rely entirely on home games to win the way Baltimore does.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
A-Rod is a legend

Too bad he had the entire era of Bud Selig's willing, blind-eye incompetence taken out on him.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Girardi's an idiot. The least he can do is come up with a better excuse than "My job description does not entail a farewell tour" (which it quite clearly does given the way Jeter was treated two years ago) or "We're still trying to win games" (which they clearly aren't after trading every valuable short-term asset away two weeks ago).

I would respect him a lot more if he just came out and said he didn't like A-Rod.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Huge 3 game stretch here for the Jays. We get Houston at home, Baltimore gets SF on the road. A sweep for us and a sweep for SF would really be nice.

Let hope so

I will settle for a series win for us and a series loss for Baltimore. Would put us 1.5 games up and provideo us a little wiggle room.

This is where our pitching and revamped pen is going to pay off as we go on and consistently let us take 4 games a week from here on out.

Mad Brills*

Jeter not moving off SS in 2004 is more selfish that what arod has done TBH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad