Blue Jays Discussion: Blue Jays rotation in flux

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Yeah, moderately higher wRC+, as shown.

But with a more glaring K%/contact issue.

one77

Dec 22, 2013
How do you guys rank our prospects?

1. Tellez
2. Urena
3. Alford
4. Guerrero Jr

1. SRF
2. Greene
3. Harris
4. Maese

Is that pretty accurate?

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
How do you guys rank our prospects?

1. Tellez
2. Urena
3. Alford
4. Guerrero Jr

1. SRF
2. Greene
3. Harris
4. Maese

Is that pretty accurate?

This is my top 15

1. Sean Reid Foley
2. Richard Urena
3. Anthony Alford
4. Rowdy Tellez
5. Reese McGuire
6. Harold Ramirez
7. Connor Greene
8. Vladimir Guerrero Jr
9. T.J Zeuch
10. Jon Harris
11. Justin Maese
12. Francisco Rios
13. Max Pentecost
14. Bo Bichette
15. Angel Perdomo

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
19 points in wRC+ is different between Josh Donaldson and Jake Lamb.

37 basis points in wOBA is difference between Mike Trout and Jackie Bradley Jr.

These things carry weight for a reason.

140wrc+ vs 154

or the difference between Rizzo and Goldschmidt.

JimmySpaetzle

May 16, 2014
What do people think Bautista's contract demands will be after this season? They must have dropped a fair amount...

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
At this rate he may just accept the qualifying offer

Eh I don't buy it.

I think Boston or the Dodgers would be willing to throw at least a 2 year 40 million dollar contract.

If Encarnacion resigns then Boston will resort their attention to Bautista.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Bautista can't afford to waste a season rebuilding value. He will probably go to the highest term offer he can get even though it might be less annual value than the QO.

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org
Bautista can't afford to waste a season rebuilding value. He will probably go to the highest term offer he can get even though it might be less annual value than the QO.

so he'd rather take a 2 year 13/per than a 1 year 16+ in hopes he can elevate his value into a longer or more substantial contract?

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
so he'd rather take a 2 year 13/per than a 1 year 16+ in hopes he can elevate his value into a longer or more substantial contract?

This will be his last contract. Better to just cash out now and get the max $$ instead of signing a one year deal.

If he can get 3/36 that would be better than 1/16

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth

He's 36 in October. You make it sound like he has time. He doesn't. Like others have said, this is likely his last big contract so he'll absolutely take term over dollar value. I don't think any team offers him 3 years at this point. And we can basically rule out the National league all together. JB is a full time DH at this point. This season has seriously hurt his value. His ego cost him millions because if he was more willing to negotiate I imagine he'd been able to get an extension before camp was over.

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org
He's 36 in October. You make it sound like he has time. He doesn't. Like others have said, this is likely his last big contract so he'll absolutely take term over dollar value. I don't think any team offers him 3 years at this point. And we can basically rule out the National league all together. JB is a full time DH at this point. This season has seriously hurt his value. His ego cost him millions because if he was more willing to negotiate I imagine he'd been able to get an extension before camp was over.

If no one will offer him a 3 year contract then there's literally no reason why he wouldn't prefer to do two 1-yr deals to maximize his earnings

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto

If the Jays only offered Edwin two years, they weren't going to offer Jose anything more than that.

If I was Jose I wouldn't have accepted 2/anything unless it started with a 4.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
This will be his last contract. Better to just cash out now and get the max $$ instead of signing a one year deal.

If he can get 3/36 that would be better than 1/16

Yikes. From a rumoured 5/150 to this.

I've been trying to think of another pending free agent (in any sport) whose value has diminished as much as Bautista's has in their contract year. I'm drawing a blank.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Urena doesn't have four 60+ tools or 30/30 potential.

Urena and SRF have jumped up in the MLB.com lists and are now in the 80s, Alford re-enters at 98.

Leafin

Apr 2, 2009
Bautista needs a hot September and hopefully a playoff to regain some of that money i think. He is still a dangerous hitter at any moment of the game. People are down on him because his season has been inconsistent but i think he'll come around when it matters most.

I am not a fan of Markakis at all. Average player making above-average money for the next 2 seasons. I'd rather go with Upton - Pillar - Pompey and take our chances that way while improving another part of the roster with that 10ish million.

Sanchez
Stroman
Happ
Estrada

That 5th spot could be Liriano. We might look to stretch out Osuna next season and take him out of the closers role. In that case we might want to use that extra cash on a legit closer. Thinking a David Robertson type if possible.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton

I've been trying to think of another pending free agent (in any sport) whose value has diminished as much as Bautista's has in their contract year. I'm drawing a blank.

Well his value was never 150 to begin with, so there's that.

Even if he put up 30 HR - .350 OBP - 100 RBI he's getting 4/80. Even 90-100 million would be a stretch. He's 36.

There talking about this on the fan, the host (I think his name is Andrew) mentioned 2/30 as a possibility, No way.

Bautista will still be a 25-30 home run guy in my opinion and he still walks as much as he strikes out.

Both injuries were a result of playing the outfield. Going forward, Bautista is 1B/DH where he will be less injury prone. Bautista takes care of his body, I wouldn't be concerned about him being on the DL anymore then a Zobrist, Martinez or Ortiz.

He will get 3 or 4 years and 50-60. If that's the case, his value never dropped that much realisticly. I'm taking him over the gross overpayment Edwin will receive if it's an option.

Edwin is better, but if your talking about saving 100 million, it's not even an option of who I'd prefer. Always buy low if you can.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

Desmond turned down a 7/107, then the 15.8 QO, and accepted a 1/8 from the Rangers. Bright side is that he is only 30 though and is on the verge of another 20/20 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad