Blue Jays/MLB 2020 SZN

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
So you pick the Yankees? If you don't like the Jays fine, but of all the teams you chose the Yankees? Why? ;)
Yankees fan since the days of Bobby Murcer, when he was the only "star" they had and they had a crappola team. Players like Marcus Stroman and Jose Bautista tainted the Jays.

Reactions: OfCorsiDid

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Yankees fan since the days of Bobby Murcer, when he was the only "star" they had and they had a crappola team. Players like Marcus Stroman and Jose Bautista tainted the Jays.

Cause the Yankees never had a egotistical player/personel before, unless you ignore Goose Gossage, A-Roid, Billy Martin, Paul O'Neil, George Steinbrenner, etc.

I understand sticking with a team even through the tough times of the mid 60's to mid 70's but most Yankees fans out this way that I have found tend to be the band wagon fans that like them when they were buying championships.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Might have to hop on the White Sox bandwagon.

27 homers in the last 7 days. Something like 19 runs in a row scored off homers haha.

They're a fun team to watch right now.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Another tough 1 run loses and two more injuries to the pitching staff. Things are going to get rocky.

Plus there is the Vogelbach trade, a confusing trade to say the least. With Vladdy, Shaw, and Rowdy splitting time between 1B and DH it seems like we are creating an unnecessary clog there, especially with our pitching needs. There has to be another trade in the works, it is the only way it makes sense.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Another tough 1 run loses and two more injuries to the pitching staff. Things are going to get rocky.

Plus there is the Vogelbach trade, a confusing trade to say the least. With Vladdy, Shaw, and Rowdy splitting time between 1B and DH it seems like we are creating an unnecessary clog there, especially with our pitching needs. There has to be another trade in the works, it is the only way it makes sense.

Get Panik off the team and split time at 3B between Shaw and Drury.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON

I was hoping to hear something more idiotic like

“twenty seven rings fam”

it would make you more dislikable.

:sarcasm:

Bautista is a god. The fact he pissed off the AL East so much makes me warm inside.

Eh Stro Show was a conceited dick, but he was a huge supporter of the City of Toronto, which depending on where you live may be a good thing or a bad thing.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Get Panik off the team and split time at 3B between Shaw and Drury.

I kinda read that trade as a warning shot to Tellez.

I know he’s only 25 and I’m willing to be patient, but the guy hasn’t hit a full season above .230 .

Albeit, he hasn’t even had 600 PAs so maybe I’m way off base.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Cause the Yankees never had a egotistical player/personel before, unless you ignore Goose Gossage, A-Roid, Billy Martin, Paul O'Neil, George Steinbrenner, etc.

I understand sticking with a team even through the tough times of the mid 60's to mid 70's but most Yankees fans out this way that I have found tend to be the band wagon fans that like them when they were buying championships.
Not me, loved them through thick and thin. Didn't like them trying to buy stars a few years ago (A-Rod comes to mind), but I like it when they stick with mostly homegrown guys or smart pickups (Judge, Sanchez, Torres, and then Voit, LeMahieu and Urshellaas examples). I do like the Cole signing though, first "star" player they signed that actually makes sense to me.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I was hoping to hear something more idiotic like

“twenty seven rings fam”

it would make you more dislikable.

:sarcasm:

Bautista is a god. The fact he pissed off the AL East so much makes me warm inside.

Eh Stro Show was a conceited dick, but he was a huge supporter of the City of Toronto, which depending on where you live may be a good thing or a bad thing.

And the fact that he never won the big prize makes me warm inside too.:D

Reactions: OfCorsiDid

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Some big games right now for Jays. They are playing a struggling Boston while Baltimore is playing a good Rays team.

Then 4 games against Baltimore starting Friday. Could be a chance to either separate themselves from Baltimore in the Wild Card or find themselves on the other side of the wild card cutoff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad